• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Aug 11, 2019
You ever have a friend that gets dumped by their gf and they lie about it saying they did the dumping and they don't care? This is the vibe I'm getting. The whole "I'm choosing to leave" thing is silly.

I don't think Abby is as bad as many make her out to be, I think she's just immature for her age.

Did she not know what Giant Bomb was before getting hired (I know the answer to that)? The fuck did she think there would be to move up to? Did she think after two years she'd be running the company?
She definitely knew, it's just like she said, it was just a job after college to get her foot into a door.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlaminHotCheeto

Mushoomba

Aug 15, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if Abby saw that Giant Bomb was owned by CBSi, didn't notice the "i" for "interactive" at the end of CBSi, and planned to start at GB at an entry-level and then "move up" to somewhere inside CBS where she could use her "skills" in production or in "comedy" for a TV show.

Reactions: CancelYourSubs
Jul 13, 2020
Such a shame she chose to leave GB. As if 2020 could get any worse. Her hilarious awesome perspective and personality is the best GB ever had.

“Especially where red dead is concerned”? What? Her analysis for rdr2 was her using the word “mosey” six different times to justify why she hadn’t finished the game. And then, if I remember correctly, when they were talking about the story she groaned and blurted out “I don’t want this story spoiled more for me!!”

If you like Abby, that’s fine, agree to disagree. But don’t pretend that she was a vector for critical analysis when she was actually the complete opposite.

Reactions: Mushoomba

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Don't forget, everyone - GB premium memberships are on sale!

Now is the perfect time to join and be part of the GB crew and cult community!

Benefits includes two (already free) podcasts a week where we dig into our horrendous junk food diets and answer pointless bullshit questions submitted and picked by real adult children who play games, sometimes. There's another podcast too, but whatever.

Speaking of games, who cares! We've given up! During these unprecedented and tumultuous times while we sit at home for weeks on end, we felt it best to eliminate any weekly segments showcasing new games. Did we mention we were bought and downsized recently? Opportunity abound!

But don't worry, instead we play literal minutes of the same made for actual children bad releases from 5-10 years ago, every week! Want to see us cut into the latest Assassin's Creed game on the just released hot new consoles? Well go fuck yourself, were playing Syndicate instead!

There's a wiki, and old videos!

Twitter!

And that's just a sample of what members receive, probably. We have tons of new content and shows lined up for 2021, so don't miss out! No, really, we're super duper cereal you guys.

*Members are not allowed to discuss, reference or otherwise infer topics including:
Race
Amount of content
Quality of content
Personal opinions and/or feelings
Facts and/or statements
Hypothethetical's
Industry news, unless it's an attempt to cancel an industry figure/company
Historical events or staff of GB
Guests, especially token ones we use to cover our white asses from the woke thugs
Staff members, unless it's unwaivering adoration
Site happenings
End of year features
Special events
Requests/desires/hopes/dreams
Hiring/firing quitting of staff
Video/stream quality
Audio issues
Gestapo mods
Outside forums/threads/discussions where we cannot instantly ban you and revoke paid membership benefits because we're soft and fragile
In fact just give us money and go fuck yourself, we hate all of you anyway

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
That Abby interview is nauseating. Total contempt for the industry and the fan base.

Also making it even harder not to believe the fired narrative. She really has no plan, just going to stream on Twitch.

I believe GB doesn’t have a ladder. But anyone else finds that other opportunity and then leaves. But on the other hand she is incredibly stupid, so who knows.

whattheduck

Sep 17, 2020
Yeah, from watching parts of that interview, I got the strong impression she wasn't really aware that GB was very much a hardcore enthusiast website. And her more casual interest in games would make that something tricky for her to navigate, like the way they treat the GOTY discussions like it's life or death. I reckon it's pretty obvious she was mainly hired because A) she's a woman, B) she's young and probably came off quite quirky in the interview stage, and C) she's a woman.

Say what you will about Ben, but he definitely has that enthusiast passion for games. That's never been in doubt for me. His main weakness is really his unlikeablity as a personality...

Jun 26, 2020
That Abby interview is nauseating. Total contempt for the industry and the fan base.

Also making it even harder not to believe the fired narrative. She really has no plan, just going to stream on Twitch.

I believe GB doesn’t have a ladder. But anyone else finds that other opportunity and then leaves. But on the other hand she is incredibly stupid, so who knows.
I bet she wants that Patrick Klepek money.

Ramagamma

Mar 22, 2017
Who in their right mind would pay for a membership this year? They have done nothing of worth almost the entire year. And I doubt anything will change in the coming months.
There are people out there (on other forums) who have Giant Bomb premium subscriptions up till 2024. And if you ask them why they'll say "why the fuck do you care how I spend my money".

I care because I want to work out how to get pre-paid for 4 years of doing nothing as I slowly sit and die on my arse.

Ramagamma

Mar 22, 2017
I love Brad being so blown away that Half Life Alex isn't dominating the game awards.

"THEY MADE A NEW HALF LIFE GAME"!

Then 45 seconds later goes on to say he barely played it because his graphics card had issues running it.

Yes, very shocking that the VR only game that is rather demanding isn't dominating awards.

The price of entry is through the roof you dolt. No shit it's not dominating awards. Most probably didn't play it. Including yourself.
Lol is this from the latest Beastcast which was presented as " a month by month roundup of the games we think will feature in game of the year " which ultimately became an hour and 45 minutes of Brad 'waiting for a patch' Shoemaker giving reasons he hadn't played any games this year

waylo

Jan 7, 2018
Lol is this from the latest Beastcast which was presented as " a month by month roundup of the games we think will feature in game of the year " which ultimately became an hour and 45 minutes of Brad 'waiting for a patch' Shoemaker giving reasons he hadn't played any games this year
Nah, it's from the most recent Hotspot. They start by going over the game awards and he's shocked that HL:A is nowhere to be found.

Reactions: Here

YodaBB

Nov 19, 2019
If, for some reason, anyone thinks posters on here are too hard on them for not playing many games they need to listen to the latest HotSpot here. They go through a list of all the games released this year starting at about the 20min mark. It's essentially 60mins of Vinny/Alex/Brad saying "I need to play that", "I should play that", "I meant to play that", "I'm going to play that", "That came out this year?", "I forgot that came out" or variations thereof. Standard excuses given were not enough time and/or COVID.

TheBigG753

Aug 4, 2011
Pennsylvania
If, for some reason, anyone thinks posters on here are too hard on them for not playing many games they need to listen to the latest HotSpot here. They go through a list of all the games released this year starting at about the 20min mark. It's essentially 60mins of Vinny/Alex/Brad saying "I need to play that", "I should play that", "I meant to play that", "I'm going to play that", "That came out this year?", "I forgot that came out" or variations thereof. Standard excuses given were not enough time and/or COVID.
And then - like always - they're going to try burning through a bunch of them super-fast in the leadup to the GOTY podcasts, leading to really awkward discussions where somebody (likely Jeff) misses the obvious point of at least one of these games.

Last edited:

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020
I like that they are pushing GOTY back to January. Gives them more time to play the stuff they missed out on.

I hope this also means they are rethinking GOTY and bringing back fun categories.

I also wonder if they have something special played for that week between Christmas and New Years to fill the gap of goty.

Ryuji Goda

Dec 3, 2018
I like that they are pushing GOTY back to January. Gives them more time to play the stuff they missed out on.

I hope this also means they are rethinking GOTY and bringing back fun categories.

I also wonder if they have something special played for that week between Christmas and New Years to fill the gap of goty.
Cmon son. They're not gonna play shit

whattheduck

Sep 17, 2020
If they're doing GOTY in January and every member of the staff in those discussions hasn't played at least 10 hours of Cyperpunk, then we riot.

Here

Feb 22, 2020
If they're doing GOTY in January and every member of the staff in those discussions hasn't played at least 10 hours of Cyperpunk, then we riot.
There's 80% chance that Jeff won't play more than 3 hours and say he didn't like it without really elaborating on why. He will then go back to looking at the DK arcade or Burger Time title screen for weeks on end.

Jun 26, 2020
Brad: "How about ..... Cyyyyyyberpunk?" (/massive uptalk)
Ben: "HELLLLLLLLL NO!"
Alex: "I've already said my peace on the Beastcast."
Jeff: "Looking at the other games we have listed here, I just don't think it hangs."
Brad: "Huh."
Brad has turned into that goober played by Martin Freeman on the first season of Fargo
There's 80% chance that Jeff won't play more than 3 hours and say he didn't like it without really elaborating on why. He will then go back to looking at the DK arcade or Burger Time title screen for weeks on end.
It'll be a minor or petty things involving controls and something he missed or just sucks at

Sion86

Neo Member
Oct 28, 2020
="TheBigG753, post: 261258835, member: 86713"]
Brad: "How about ..... Cyyyyyyberpunk?" (/massive uptalk)
Ben: "HELLLLLLLLL NO!"
Alex: "I've already said my peace on the Beastcast."
Jeff: "Looking at the other games we have listed here, I just don't think it hangs."
Brad: "Huh."
Hahaha

A few months into the Red Ventures acquisition

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: TheBigG753

HotPocket69

Ubergender - contains all other genders
Oct 10, 2018
Fl
GOTY talks in January at least almost guarantees The Cunt won’t be there.

Wouldn’t put it past them to squeeze in a cameo appearance though.