• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY
Burgle is definite garbage. It's not even a cluster in an entertaining way. One of their worst trends is keeping bad ideas on life support.

Ben gets a lot of shit - and rightly so - but I'm glad he bailed on that Kingdom Hearts play when he knew it wasn't going anywhere. I think the problem is he should have had a better idea before he started it (and not let it start at all) - but at least the cord was cut early.
That’s the same reason I doubt Shenmue 2 would be worth streaming. I like to see them get through bad or old games but from my recent experience Shenmue 2 doesn’t have half the charm as the first. I’d like some more resident evil, 90’s PC or FMV.

Reactions: Noboru Wataya

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
I think that you're giving these people way too much leeway.
I think you're assuming based on a ton of obnoxious behavior from the GB staff. Something that happens a lot in this thread - something I'm guilty of myself. And it isn't entirely unfair. Though I don't know too much about Ben Hansen, I don't know if there's patterns of behavior there or not. Plenty of black and white verifiable stuff to keep this going.

But this was a joke - just a painfully unfunny one.

Reactions: JovianLizards

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
A full schedule? That's way too much work. Brad needs his sleep time and we all know Mondays are when you "work" from home. Also why would you give the fans what they want like a Shenmue 2 endurance run when you can instead give them Burgle my Bananas? One of the worst pieces of content on the site.
Nobody wants shenmue 2 er right now with this shitty team

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
A full schedule? That's way too much work. Brad needs his sleep time and we all know Mondays are when you "work" from home. Also why would you give the fans what they want like a Shenmue 2 endurance run when you can instead give them Burgle my Bananas? One of the worst pieces of content on the site.
I know, I was just trying to be a tad optimistic. I seriously have no clue how Burgle even made it past the first episode. I wish they weren't so secretive about things and talked with some more candor about the site. Like, really, no one enjoyed what they were doing and it's objectivly one of the worst 64 games ever made. Why continute for so long when they could have been doing something way more fun and enjoyable. I saw almost zero percent of people from the community who even wanted that series to continue. EVERYONE hated it.
Burgle is definite garbage. It's not even a cluster in an entertaining way. One of their worst trends is keeping bad ideas on life support.

Ben gets a lot of shit - and rightly so - but I'm glad he bailed on that Kingdom Hearts play when he knew it wasn't going anywhere. I think the problem is he should have had a better idea before he started it (and not let it start at all) - but at least the cord was cut early.
The real issue was that Ben was the one doing the series, and came in with zero prep other than "Hey wouldn't it be funny if I pretended I didn't like this game and made the same unfunny "joke" the entire time with different people. Oh, and I'm not going to know what I'm doing and get lost and not pay attention to anything and tell incorrect information about the game I don't know that I'm playing". The issue with Kingdom Heartache is that Ben was in it. Period. I hope it was Jeff that pulled the plug on that travesty.

I'm not even a Kingdom Hearts super fan, I played one a few years after it came out, played 2 at launch and played 3 this year at launch, everything that doesn't involve Sora Donald and Goofy are all pointless convoluted JRPG tropes that are complete nonsense. But I would have really enjoyed a Kingdom Hearts play through that took it a bit seriously while enjoying what they were playing. Hate-playing games isn't enjoyable. Mario Party being the literal only exception because it was more of a hostage situation because Dan was genuinely enjoying it.

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
I know, I was just trying to be a tad optimistic. I seriously have no clue how Burgle even made it past the first episode. I wish they weren't so secretive about things and talked with some more candor about the site. Like, really, no one enjoyed what they were doing and it's objectivly one of the worst 64 games ever made. Why continute for so long when they could have been doing something way more fun and enjoyable. I saw almost zero percent of people from the community who even wanted that series to continue. EVERYONE hated it.

The real issue was that Ben was the one doing the series, and came in with zero prep other than "Hey wouldn't it be funny if I pretended I didn't like this game and made the same unfunny "joke" the entire time with different people. Oh, and I'm not going to know what I'm doing and get lost and not pay attention to anything and tell incorrect information about the game I don't know that I'm playing". The issue with Kingdom Heartache is that Ben was in it. Period. I hope it was Jeff that pulled the plug on that travesty.

I'm not even a Kingdom Hearts super fan, I played one a few years after it came out, played 2 at launch and played 3 this year at launch, everything that doesn't involve Sora Donald and Goofy are all pointless convoluted JRPG tropes that are complete nonsense. But I would have really enjoyed a Kingdom Hearts play through that took it a bit seriously while enjoying what they were playing. Hate-playing games isn't enjoyable. Mario Party being the literal only exception because it was more of a hostage situation because Dan was genuinely enjoying it.
Their Mario Party Party series was weird because, as you said, only Dan was really enjoying what was going on in the game and the rest hated it, but the difference is I think they all still wanted the series to continue, so they weren't completely miserable like they were on Burgle My Bananas. I think they still had some enjoyment being there for each terrible game. I don't think the series would have continued otherwise. Though, Dan was insanely antagonistic towards everybody in that series, so it could be that the series just kinda snowballed and they couldn't stop it.

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
The gb mods are out of it. I was nicely asking if they could consider unbanning be after 2 months.
I was permanently banned for expressing my opinion on Zoe Quinn bullshit case which is a history now... I've just wrote few comments in chat during bombcast section when they were talking about this to not trust her without judgement by the law and they permanently banned me.
2 months later they still do not want to unban me. I've even unsubbed some time back and nothing. No consideration for another human being, paying customer and 10 years registered user. NONE at all. They must have enough fans and cash flowing since they punish and threw away fans for no reason.

Their answer:
"Your ban is permanent. Any future emails you send regarding this matter will be ignored.

Have a nice day. "

I mean... wtf. How ruthless can You be. There is no freedom of speech at all. I was not even offending anyone huh.
I would bail out of gb anyway since I could feel the site is going awry for some time now and registering here only made me realize how it really is and it helped me understand my feelings.... and now with them ALL apparently hating on Death Stranding - the site is gone.

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
What a way to run a business.

Did you ask for a refund?
I did not. I have time until april to run my sub dry and download all my old favourite videos. That's a few years to go through. I hate the site for some time now but I love it back then

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I did not. I have time until april to run my sub dry and download all my old favourite videos. That's a few years to go through. I hate the site for some time now but I love it back then
Being in Australia, I’m sure I could take it to the Consumer Ombudsman and get my money back. We have some great consumer laws. They had no legit reason to ban you.

Then again, I didn’t realise you still had access to your account. So, it’s muddy.

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
Yeah they just banned me from any interactions. I cannot post, comment, send pm etc.

Reactions: Scopa

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I got my commenting privileges revoked for a couple weeks during Abby's Disco Elysium QL. They reinstated me sometime in the last couple of weeks, but I rarely ever comment anyways, I just felt like adding on to how unprepared she was for it and how they should make sure to know what they are talking about before put out their option to people who come to them for their opinion.

If you really cared about posting and commenting and interaction, you can just create a new account. It's not like they IP banned you. And even then, that's an easy work around. You just seem like you can't let the ban go. Look, I get it, it sucks, but just complaining over and over again isn't really going to solve it. GB has shown time and time again they don't care about their userbase and fans. They just care about the numbers, and what will appeal to the most vocal crowd. Its a bummer that they just went so far down that route, but they are in media, of course they are going to be like that.

Reactions: rofif

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
The gb mods are out of it. I was nicely asking if they could consider unbanning be after 2 months.
I was permanently banned for expressing my opinion on Zoe Quinn bullshit case which is a history now... I've just wrote few comments in chat during bombcast section when they were talking about this to not trust her without judgement by the law and they permanently banned me.
2 months later they still do not want to unban me. I've even unsubbed some time back and nothing. No consideration for another human being, paying customer and 10 years registered user. NONE at all. They must have enough fans and cash flowing since they punish and threw away fans for no reason.

Their answer:
"Your ban is permanent. Any future emails you send regarding this matter will be ignored.

Have a nice day. "

I mean... wtf. How ruthless can You be. There is no freedom of speech at all. I was not even offending anyone huh.
I would bail out of gb anyway since I could feel the site is going awry for some time now and registering here only made me realize how it really is and it helped me understand my feelings.... and now with them ALL apparently hating on Death Stranding - the site is gone.
Maybe you should e-mail Abby or Alex and ask them to un-ban you cause I hear they're totally not into cancel culture, right?

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019

Their answer:

Have a nice day. "

They're honestly doing you a favor. Fuck em. Cancelled and never looked back. Can't imagine even wanting to interact with their community either. Let it burn.

Reactions: Hudo and Scopa

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
They're honestly doing you a favor. Fuck em. Cancelled and never looked back. Can't imagine even wanting to interact with their community either. Let it burn.
I don't want to interact with them anymore at all. It's just about what's right :p
But ok - I am letting it go. I will try not to repeat my crying over and over on every page here. I know You all understand :D

GoingToCancelGB

Neo Member
Nov 19, 2019
I created this account so I may have a space to speak of GB without persecution. I apologize in advance for the length, as well as the foul mouthing, if any chose to endure the entirety of its contents. However, as many have stated, in as many forms here, prior to me, the truth is often times difficult to hear. I feel it is for the best of the community of GB, of which I have been member to for a decade+. That said, I take no gratification in objectification of those I do not personally know, and I realize these subjects have been discussed to death here, but hey, I'm new, I have a voice as well.

Paying for a service, receiving poor results by said service not only technically (buffering on a 150mbps connection? Blame Akamai) but by being insulted or abused for personal opinions and/or criticism of staff performance in the absolutely most democratic way - "so and so said this, I disagree" - instant hate. It's unacceptable to any company. But Giant Bomb does not agree. So here is my time to talk back.

The following takes place in first, second and third person. It's not exactly good writing, so do what you will, if you will. I understand it's a rant. Me? I'm just a loser on the internet complaining about where my money goes and the love of a community that is falling.

That said:

Gabby:
Narcissist, arrogant, ignorant, feminist agenda, SJW, unqualified, unintelligent, loud/foul mouthed complainer, absolutely indignant, banshee, signs of pathological behavior, privileged white kid. Needs counselling.

Get it together and stop pushing your sociopolitical agenda on a video game website. It's not your age, but grow up if you want a chance at a real job and/or be an internet personality on a paid video game website stop talking down to paid members with your rhetoric. It's stale, it's old, get over yourself.
Also, you're correct, as you made clear by yelling at the people that donated thousands of dollars on stream. No one likes seeing/hearing you on Extra Life scarf down your garbage mcdonalds like a monster with its mouth open on a live charity stream, then yell at people even more, that are pledging money to the cause. How much did you donate over the last several years of your employment? Maybe some chicken nugget doll houses? Should we discuss your PAX statements of disgrace to the fans, or your "joking" that you hate the fans?

Please, let your vanity for being a fug queen known by insulting the paying and donating public know how much you hate them, you twat. Queen of fuck mountain and no one gives a shit. Also please stop muscling your way into ever feature you can to get more attention. "SEND ME TO xxxx". Jeff B had it right when he said "No" to your persistent invitation request. People do not like you for you. It is a disgrace to put shame on those that are donating to a charity for your own promotion and vanity. I did not donate to you, though I did donate a large sum in total to those that were worthy of it, for the kids.

Deadly Sims, great, that's her wheelhouse. Not because of her really, but it's something creative and she can play with dolls. Put her on a mic that's not her show, it's all over. Every time I hear "III think" or "What IIII want", "III" turn things off immediately. At the point now that skipping any QL or podcast bits with her or Bean speaking is common. There is little to no value; it's simply shrill drivel. I tried playing a drinking game - take a shot every time she says "III think" and was in the hospital 20 minutes later. Come on. This isn't about you, it's about providing value for the community. Stop boosting the mix in your favor.

Bean:
A lucky pity hire, poor fit, poor on screen persona and voice, signs of pathological behavior, not as funny nor intelligent as he thinks, ignorant isolated gamer, asshole in general/on twitter, spastic 30 year old child, cannot carry a conversation, dominates talk with pedantic drivel, hip millennial he is not so stop acting like it, adds nothing, takes from everything. Go outside of California, you might learn how to interact with people.

Stop staring at the camera looking for attention - no one wants to look at you, sorry, I know that's #SomethingNotOkToSayAnymore. That dead tooth is something, and you aren't entertaining by pulling low rent camera tricks. Try lowering the "gamer fuel" level before doing a QL. I guess my APM's or twitch reaction isn't on your level, not everyone is attuned to being a gamer shut in for their whole life, so try demoing the game, not playing it like a madman or spitting out half sentences while you fail to inform what constitutes the product. At the same time, open your eyes and contribute on other streams rather than sit there dead eyed mouth agape rubbing your face like a hungover fool. The paying audience loves it when you are not on the podcast. You will never be a Rorie level individual. Do your job. If you want to be an online streamer go to YouTube and tell people to like, subscribe and not criticize anything you do.

Stop trying to build your brands. 'Cause no one buying. Do your jobs and get the fuck on with life and stop ruining the GB community. Sure the GB masses will surround and support you because they themselves are largely shut in degens with no life, so go figure. Anyone with an opinion will immediately be shut down, disgraced, deleted, banned. "If it ain't great, don't say it".

These folks are 30, or near that for Gabby, and are squandering their potential. When I was 30, working as an engineer pulling down a great paying wage, I would have given it all away to have the potential they have. The fuck is wrong with people?

Are you a team member, or a team hater? Even Jeff G is getting annoyed it looks like. Just because their job requires them to support you does not remove the fact you are a terrible fit for the team. Like politics, they protect their jobs, not you. Not since Patrick has their been this level of bullshittery. Your coworkers tolerate you because of the social quota. If it's apparent to the viewing public, that's a real problem internally. The site is failing, and you are largely the cause for upset. Please, get it together, you are both capable of doing better.

Engage with the people, the community that created GB. Go work for Kotaku or YouTube if you want to spout nonsense rhetoric and build clicks. That isn't what GB was built upon, but the old timers are getting tired of pulling the cart and cannot carry your weight.

This isn't activism, it is active criticism. Get your heads out of the ass of internet culture, engage with actual humans and stop pretending to be maligned baby whiners. Do your job, or find another where you can be coddled. We all have opinions, yet most fans of GB seem to be focused on you two - why do you think that is? You're polarizing, ahead of the boomers, just, like, you know, that cool? No, it's because you are doing poorly with your job.

Giant Bomb, once beloved and held in high regard, now a declining empire on its way to ruin.

Whatever

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I created this account so I may have a space to speak of GB without persecution. I apologize in advance for the length, as well as the foul mouthing, if any chose to endure the entirety of its contents. However, as many have stated, in as many forms here, prior to me, the truth is often times difficult to hear. I feel it is for the best of the community of GB, of which I have been member to for a decade+. That said, I take no gratification in objectification of those I do not personally know, and I realize these subjects have been discussed to death here, but hey, I'm new, I have a voice as well.

Paying for a service, receiving poor results by said service not only technically (buffering on a 150mbps connection? Blame Akamai) but by being insulted or abused for personal opinions and/or criticism of staff performance in the absolutely most democratic way - "so and so said this, I disagree" - instant hate. It's unacceptable to any company. But Giant Bomb does not agree. So here is my time to talk back.

The following takes place in first, second and third person. It's not exactly good writing, so do what you will, if you will. I understand it's a rant. Me? I'm just a loser on the internet complaining about where my money goes and the love of a community that is falling.

That said:

Gabby:
Narcissist, arrogant, ignorant, feminist agenda, SJW, unqualified, unintelligent, loud/foul mouthed complainer, absolutely indignant, banshee, signs of pathological behavior, privileged white kid. Needs counselling.

Get it together and stop pushing your sociopolitical agenda on a video game website. It's not your age, but grow up if you want a chance at a real job and/or be an internet personality on a paid video game website stop talking down to paid members with your rhetoric. It's stale, it's old, get over yourself.
Also, you're correct, as you made clear by yelling at the people that donated thousands of dollars on stream. No one likes seeing/hearing you on Extra Life scarf down your garbage mcdonalds like a monster with its mouth open on a live charity stream, then yell at people even more, that are pledging money to the cause. How much did you donate over the last several years of your employment? Maybe some chicken nugget doll houses? Should we discuss your PAX statements of disgrace to the fans, or your "joking" that you hate the fans?

Please, let your vanity for being a fug queen known by insulting the paying and donating public know how much you hate them, you twat. Queen of fuck mountain and no one gives a shit. Also please stop muscling your way into ever feature you can to get more attention. "SEND ME TO xxxx". Jeff B had it right when he said "No" to your persistent invitation request. People do not like you for you. It is a disgrace to put shame on those that are donating to a charity for your own promotion and vanity. I did not donate to you, though I did donate a large sum in total to those that were worthy of it, for the kids.

Deadly Sims, great, that's her wheelhouse. Not because of her really, but it's something creative and she can play with dolls. Put her on a mic that's not her show, it's all over. Every time I hear "III think" or "What IIII want", "III" turn things off immediately. At the point now that skipping any QL or podcast bits with her or Bean speaking is common. There is little to no value; it's simply shrill drivel. I tried playing a drinking game - take a shot every time she says "III think" and was in the hospital 20 minutes later. Come on. This isn't about you, it's about providing value for the community. Stop boosting the mix in your favor.

Bean:
A lucky pity hire, poor fit, poor on screen persona and voice, signs of pathological behavior, not as funny nor intelligent as he thinks, ignorant isolated gamer, asshole in general/on twitter, spastic 30 year old child, cannot carry a conversation, dominates talk with pedantic drivel, hip millennial he is not so stop acting like it, adds nothing, takes from everything. Go outside of California, you might learn how to interact with people.

Stop staring at the camera looking for attention - no one wants to look at you, sorry, I know that's #SomethingNotOkToSayAnymore. That dead tooth is something, and you aren't entertaining by pulling low rent camera tricks. Try lowering the "gamer fuel" level before doing a QL. I guess my APM's or twitch reaction isn't on your level, not everyone is attuned to being a gamer shut in for their whole life, so try demoing the game, not playing it like a madman or spitting out half sentences while you fail to inform what constitutes the product. At the same time, open your eyes and contribute on other streams rather than sit there dead eyed mouth agape rubbing your face like a hungover fool. The paying audience loves it when you are not on the podcast. You will never be a Rorie level individual. Do your job. If you want to be an online streamer go to YouTube and tell people to like, subscribe and not criticize anything you do.

Stop trying to build your brands. 'Cause no one buying. Do your jobs and get the fuck on with life and stop ruining the GB community. Sure the GB masses will surround and support you because they themselves are largely shut in degens with no life, so go figure. Anyone with an opinion will immediately be shut down, disgraced, deleted, banned. "If it ain't great, don't say it".

These folks are 30, or near that for Gabby, and are squandering their potential. When I was 30, working as an engineer pulling down a great paying wage, I would have given it all away to have the potential they have. The fuck is wrong with people?

Are you a team member, or a team hater? Even Jeff G is getting annoyed it looks like. Just because their job requires them to support you does not remove the fact you are a terrible fit for the team. Like politics, they protect their jobs, not you. Not since Patrick has their been this level of bullshittery. Your coworkers tolerate you because of the social quota. If it's apparent to the viewing public, that's a real problem internally. The site is failing, and you are largely the cause for upset. Please, get it together, you are both capable of doing better.

Engage with the people, the community that created GB. Go work for Kotaku or YouTube if you want to spout nonsense rhetoric and build clicks. That isn't what GB was built upon, but the old timers are getting tired of pulling the cart and cannot carry your weight.

This isn't activism, it is active criticism. Get your heads out of the ass of internet culture, engage with actual humans and stop pretending to be maligned baby whiners. Do your job, or find another where you can be coddled. We all have opinions, yet most fans of GB seem to be focused on you two - why do you think that is? You're polarizing, ahead of the boomers, just, like, you know, that cool? No, it's because you are doing poorly with your job.

Giant Bomb, once beloved and held in high regard, now a declining empire on its way to ruin.

Whatever

rofif

Sep 13, 2019

That said:

Gabby:

Bean:

Whatever
absolutely agree. They are bad but old staff is letting them all do whatever they want and they hate everything.
And not listening to paying customers and spreading the sjw internet bullshit is the worst problem. Abby and Ben took a hold of the site

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
Ben Pack's contribution in a nutshell:

I'd probably suck at doing a podcast, but I like to think I'd know enough that in that sort of conversation, I'd either say nothing or come up with something better than ummh...yeah.

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
absolutely agree. They are bad but old staff is letting them all do whatever they want and they hate everything.
And not listening to paying customers and spreading the sjw internet bullshit is the worst problem. Abby and Ben took a hold of the site
The east coast is afraid since firing or even yelling at abby will get them canceled, and the west coast is way too apathetic to do anything about Ben.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I'm baffled at who the nancy drew playthough is for. Is the main demographic for GB now 12 year old girls? I'm all for the crew playing a game that they want on a stream, but bringing it back over and over again for the single person on the team who would enjoy it is... just... weird. Why is Nancy Drew being played when they could be covering so many other games, or features that the fans would love... Oh right. Giant Bomb hates their fans. I keep forgetting this.

Aug 24, 2012
I think the fact that only Alex shows up on these Nancy Drew videos is pretty telling. I can only imagine how passive aggressive she gets with the rest of the crew when they politely decline to be part of her feature. Honestly, if this is the sort of content they churned out in 2009 I'd of bailed from GB from the get-go.

Seriously, what is their target demograph now?

Last edited:
Reactions: BibleBLACKED

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
Abby, a film student, didn't know about force ghosts in Star Wars.

How do you not know that? She's like the dumb people Jay Leno used to interview out on the streets.

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
The Nancy Drew shit is the most hilarious example of them just refusing to tell Abby to sit the fuck down. Who the fuck would watch an hour and 39 minutes of this? Who plays these games? I refuse to believe even Abby supporters bother to play this shit.

I wonder which Nancy Drew release makes it onto the GOTY list this year.

Last edited:

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
The Nancy Drew shit is the most hilarious example of them just refusing to tell Abby to sit the fuck down. Who the fuck would watch an hour and 39 minutes of this? Who plays these games? I refuse to believe even Abby supporters bother to play this shit.

I wonder which Nancy Drew release makes it onto the GOTY list this year.
When the game grumps played one it was kinda funny. Gave us the "and I missed" thing. I imagine if the oneyplays guys played it they'd make some good jokes too.

Jul 7, 2019
I wish I could just give up Giant Bomb because it has become such a shit show in recent years, but it's been such a integral part of my life for over a decade now that I just don't know what to fill it with. Some people watch netflix, or subscribe to cable services and watch that shit for hours on end. I typically just put on something from Giant Bomb and that would be my idle content, or whatever when I didn't feel like playing a game myself. Now it's just...I'm going back and watching older stuff, but it still sucks that anything new is just garbage. I wish I could find more personalities online that I enjoy, but I do feel like my age demographic is not exactly what thrives on youtube these days.

Just came across this clip in my suggestions recently, and wanted to share another funny moment from not too distant past. I'm honestly surprised Dan didn't become a big Yakuza fan after Beast in the East...I started playing the series myself after they started the feature, and have played through all the mainline games, and while I like some more than others, Yakuza is amazing. It felt very Metal Gear to me in it's appeal where it had that deep serious dramatic story, but also that lighthearted goofiness around the edges. Some entries are better than others, I think Yakuza is probably one of the best ongoing series in gaming right now. I still gotta get around to playing Judgment, been installed on my PS4 for months.

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
Abby, a film student, didn't know about force ghosts in Star Wars.

How do you not know that? She's like the dumb people Jay Leno used to interview out on the streets.
What films has she watched ? I have a useless business degree and I feel have more film knowledge than either her or Dan. In Dan's case, its understandable since he just bs'd his way through, but how on earth did Abby get a film degree? In all honesty,has she stated for a fact she was a film student and or state that she graduated?

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
I wish I could just give up Giant Bomb because it has become such a shit show in recent years, but it's been such a integral part of my life for over a decade now that I just don't know what to fill it with. Some people watch netflix, or subscribe to cable services and watch that shit for hours on end. I typically just put on something from Giant Bomb and that would be my idle content, or whatever when I didn't feel like playing a game myself. Now it's just...I'm going back and watching older stuff, but it still sucks that anything new is just garbage. I wish I could find more personalities online that I enjoy, but I do feel like my age demographic is not exactly what thrives on youtube these days.

Just came across this clip in my suggestions recently, and wanted to share another funny moment from not too distant past. I'm honestly surprised Dan didn't become a big Yakuza fan after Beast in the East...I started playing the series myself after they started the feature, and have played through all the mainline games, and while I like some more than others, Yakuza is amazing. It felt very Metal Gear to me in it's appeal where it had that deep serious dramatic story, but also that lighthearted goofiness around the edges. Some entries are better than others, I think Yakuza is probably one of the best ongoing series in gaming right now. I still gotta get around to playing Judgment, been installed on my PS4 for months.
Nice username bro. You ok?

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
What films has she watched ? I have a useless business degree and I feel have more film knowledge than either her or Dan. In Dan's case, its understandable since he just bs'd his way through, but how on earth did Abby get a film degree? In all honesty,has she stated for a fact she was a film student and or state that she graduated?
She has stated that she got a degree in film production, so I'm assuming she took a whole bunch of film related classes in College. It's just funny how someone who went to College for anything film related doesn't really know much about basic Star Wars plot points.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I'd really wish they were just more open to talking about the site. Just a simple bit of communication would do worlds of benefit to the community as a whole. Talking to us to let us know what what coming up soon, like other sites do, Easy Allies, Game Attack... as much as I really don't care for them, they at least know that the fans are what keeps them alive, and doing a quick "Here is the schedule for the month" does so much for me to go to them instead of GB. Since GB is so secretive about anything they do.

And of course, they'll use the one example, like GTA Crime Crew, to showcase "Well, this is what happens when you talk about a feature before it's ready!" and use that as the example for any sort of explanation for not communicating whatsoever. I keep saying it, but the buyout is the worst thing to happen to the site. They basically sold out and went corporate. I get the financial stability and allowing them to not stress so much about the actual site and just focus on the day to day instead of worrying if they'd have to go look for jobs the next month. But seriously, it allows them to basically shut down and never actually discuss anything with the fans, userbase and paying subscribers. Take a look at any of the happy hour videos, or jar times, or Big Live LIve shows. Those were all "Thank you fans!, Let's sit down and chat, have fun, and hear what you want for the site. Also, let us tell you what you can look forward to, what we have cooking up for the next month or two."

And again, I get it, fans can be terrible, but usually its a very small subset, that are just the most vocal. I rarely wanted to listen to my customers about how to run by business, but at the end of the day, you have to, they keep you in business. With GB they recoil at the thought of fan interaction, Cherry picking emails and phone calls to be either lazy lay ups of "what would you rather eat, poop or salad?" or ones that only praise the one member who only uses the job to further themselves. Do you think Abby is a team player in the slightest? Of course not, you'll only see her talk about herself and how she is amazing and the best and her taste in music is the only true form of expression. She is totally out for herself and it shows anytime she opens her mouth. Do you think she'd ever praise another coworker on anything, or allow for anyone else to talk about a game without one uping them somehow. How, in one year, Abby went from "I never really play games, I don't know what I'm doing" to "I'm better than everyone at everything". I can't stand people like that, and if anyone on the team can't see that, they are blind.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I'd really wish they were just more open to talking about the site. Just a simple bit of communication would do worlds of benefit to the community as a whole. Talking to us to let us know what what coming up soon, like other sites do, Easy Allies, Game Attack... as much as I really don't care for them, they at least know that the fans are what keeps them alive, and doing a quick "Here is the schedule for the month" does so much for me to go to them instead of GB. Since GB is so secretive about anything they do.

And of course, they'll use the one example, like GTA Crime Crew, to showcase "Well, this is what happens when you talk about a feature before it's ready!" and use that as the example for any sort of explanation for not communicating whatsoever. I keep saying it, but the buyout is the worst thing to happen to the site. They basically sold out and went corporate. I get the financial stability and allowing them to not stress so much about the actual site and just focus on the day to day instead of worrying if they'd have to go look for jobs the next month. But seriously, it allows them to basically shut down and never actually discuss anything with the fans, userbase and paying subscribers. Take a look at any of the happy hour videos, or jar times, or Big Live LIve shows. Those were all "Thank you fans!, Let's sit down and chat, have fun, and hear what you want for the site. Also, let us tell you what you can look forward to, what we have cooking up for the next month or two."

And again, I get it, fans can be terrible, but usually its a very small subset, that are just the most vocal. I rarely wanted to listen to my customers about how to run by business, but at the end of the day, you have to, they keep you in business. With GB they recoil at the thought of fan interaction, Cherry picking emails and phone calls to be either lazy lay ups of "what would you rather eat, poop or salad?" or ones that only praise the one member who only uses the job to further themselves. Do you think Abby is a team player in the slightest? Of course not, you'll only see her talk about herself and how she is amazing and the best and her taste in music is the only true form of expression. She is totally out for herself and it shows anytime she opens her mouth. Do you think she'd ever praise another coworker on anything, or allow for anyone else to talk about a game without one uping them somehow. How, in one year, Abby went from "I never really play games, I don't know what I'm doing" to "I'm better than everyone at everything". I can't stand people like that, and if anyone on the team can't see that, they are blind.
They’re just your typical limp-wristed, testicle-less garden variety virtue-signalling regressives. They avoid any form of criticism or confrontation because they don’t have the courage or the intelligence to deal with it.

They are pathetic.

Zaffo

Feb 11, 2018
I wish I could just give up Giant Bomb because it has become such a shit show in recent years, but it's been such a integral part of my life for over a decade now that I just don't know what to fill it with.
Get into the Rogan's podcast, on a good day he is able to crank out a 4 hours of interesting content with good guests, and you get the passive benefit of discovering new interesting people with their own backlog of podcasts to listen to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scopa

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Get into the Rogan's podcast, on a good day he is able to crank out a 4 hours of interesting content with good guests, and you get the passive benefit of discovering new interesting people with their own backlog of podcasts to listen to.
Joe Rogan is a Nazi. No thanks.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Zaffo

The Elite

BOSS
Apr 8, 2006
Toronto
I swear I heard Ben say something about that site that gets mad about everything. I wonder what website that would be?

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
I got the impression that he might have been mentioning them. He did not specify. Latest Bombcast. Maybe I heard it wrong?
You'd know better than I would. I just guessed since resetera is always complaining about something. As for the last podcast, I only listen to episodes that dont have Ben on, so I dont know what was said.