• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Noboru Wataya

Bored at work, horned up to the gills
Jul 8, 2016
Northern Ireland, UK
Jeff likes and prefers a lot of things that he grew up with and that hold a large amount of nostalgia, and he holds onto that much more tightly.
I can relate to that more than anything else they do. I’d rather hear about his opinions on 80s & 90s arcade games rather than the latest indie darling he couldn’t give a fuck less about, yet feels the need to critique it.

Reactions: SpiceRacz and Scopa

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I can relate to that more than anything else they do. I’d rather hear about his opinions on 80s & 90s arcade games rather than the latest indie darling he couldn’t give a fuck less about, yet feels the need to critique it.
Same here, there is the occasional rant that is just a joy to listen to, like the Destiny one at GOTY, but I'd much rather listen to him talk about stuff no one else there has experience with and where he truly shines as a gaming historian.

Reactions: Noboru Wataya

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/looking-for-advice-as-blocked-by-gb-staff-on-twitt-1875838/

Anybody else see this discussion on the Giant Bomb forums?

The poor dude got blocked by a staff member on Twitter for no reason and just wants to see their tweets.

Some dipshit says this to him:
I feel like you know why the staff member blocked you. Your “echo chamber” comment implies as much.
A moderator says this to him:
This has nothing to do with the site or the forums, if someone blocked you on Twitter that is between you and them. Sort it out elsewhere, please.
Man, Giant Bomb just loves it's customers huh?

Also, I thought Ben said that he needs Twitter for work? So which is it? Are their Twitter feeds for themselves alone or are they meant to be for interacting with fans and for work stuff?

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
If it was one of the main staff members, yeah that sucks and should be able to be discussed in the forums. The forums should be a nicer place and maybe offer a quick suggestion or two instead of "figure it out yourself, go away". That's why I hate most communities. They are all so closed off and don't actually care about interacting with people, they just want to strut their power without any discussion other than praise.

But that dude really just needs to either log out and create a new account. It's really not hard to see someone's tweets if they block you.

EDIT: Whoops, I didn't realize that the blocker was a actual staff member, I thought it was a mod.

Last edited:

Manus

Jan 12, 2009
Man I really want to watch the Fangoria run again with Dave and Vinny, but don't wanna resub.

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
I’m literally saying the opposite. Stop wasting your time on such a shitty company. They’ve been crap for years, and this thread is a bunch of people moaning about how it sucks, yet still listen and watch their awful content.
what is it? Some kind of Stockholm syndrome?
Why are you still here? Some kind of Stockholm syndrome? Did you even read TexMex's reply to your post?

This post drives me nuts. If you hate this thread so much, just stop interacting with it. It's a fucking thread about a game website, you don't have to read it.
Also, fuck you all. You have shit taste in comedy. Ron Funches was great on the Beastcast.

• Triggered
Reactions: BibleBLACKED

Pobb

Neo Member
Jan 25, 2019
New Forest, England
I couldn't listen to last year's GOTY podcasts after the shit show of the year before, but I would love to hear any discussion about Disco Elysium after Abby totally fucked up the quick look. Let's hope more people than just Ben have played it.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I couldn't listen to last year's GOTY podcasts after the shit show of the year before, but I would love to hear any discussion about Disco Elysium after Abby totally fucked up the quick look. Let's hope more people than just Ben have played it.
I’ll make a bold prediction that Vinny will defer to Abby and back up her opinions on that game. It’ll be cucktastic.

Inviusx

Jan 4, 2016
Ron had some funny moments on the beast cast.

Abby: "You have to fight these coloured monsters"
Ron: "I don't think you can call them that anymore"

He also called them out on being weirdly negative with Death Stranding which was funny.

Reactions: Rebo

BibleBLACKED

Mar 20, 2017
Ron had some funny moments on the beast cast.

Abby: "You have to fight these coloured monsters"
Ron: "I don't think you can call them that anymore"

He also called them out on being weirdly negative with Death Stranding which was funny.
I am sure he had his moments, but I just can't stand listening to him, it is legit grating on my nerves.

Last edited:

eot

Apr 13, 2012
Forget it dude.

Hope is poison.

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
I am sure he had his moments, but I just can't stand listening to him, it is legit grating on my nerves.
Yes. It wasn't that I disagreed with everything he said or something. It's that he was so grating to listen to that it was physically difficult.

SamFo

Neo Member
May 13, 2015
watching a livestream at the moment, Ben sweating through ring fit adventure while Jeff, Jason and Brad watch saying basically nothing...

People who are still fans: what is the point in this content?

is it supposed to be funny?

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
watching a livestream at the moment, Ben sweating through ring fit adventure while Jeff, Jason and Brad watch saying basically nothing...

People who are still fans: what is the point in this content?

is it supposed to be funny?
I've just checked out after seeing Your post. Yeah it's bad. Until few years ago it did not matter what they were doing. They were just fun, energizing and You could watch them do anything, Now most are dead inside and allow the new bad hires do whatever.
btw - holy crap Jason looks bad. His face looks swollen and he seems to gained some weight ;/ I am not a fan of the guy but he (as long as he is not choosing games) is the least obtrusive of new hires(jan is ok too).

He kinda holds this face for the part of the stream I am watching ;/

Edit: Brad on the other hand, looks to have lost some weight. 2 months of not watching and the differences are quite obvious

Last edited:

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
I've just checked out after seeing Your post. Yeah it's bad. Until few years ago it did not matter what they were doing. They were just fun, energizing and You could watch them do anything, Now most are dead inside and allow the new bad hires do whatever.
btw - holy crap Jason looks bad. His face looks swollen and he seems to gained some weight ;/ I am not a fan of the guy but he (as long as he is not choosing games) is the least obtrusive of new hires(jan is ok too).

He kinda holds this face for the part of the stream I am watching ;/

Is he actually dying?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: rofif

Dale-Gribble-

Formerly 'Eazy_tom'
Jan 9, 2015
Vinny has said a few times that he enjoys the game, but dislikes the games fans.
Should lead to an interesting discussion, I didn't know Ben was playing the game also, did he mention it on the bombcast recently?
Ben did a good job last year on calling out Abby's "Nier is sexist!" talk, maybe he will do that again this year with Disco Elysium.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I was watching the stream today and was really enjoying that first part, with different older games. I couldn’t believe most of the chat didn’t know about the GBA cartoon carts. They bring it up all the time and just talked about it like a week or two ago on the Bombcast, are people absolute morons? Also every kid had these and they sold insanely well, so it just goes to show how many children who aren’t even old enough to have these be popular are in the chat. (They were way past my time, but even I knew about them!).

Once Jeff left and Ben took over I lost all interest immediately. I have a negetive desire to watch Ben workout. How the hell is that more interesting than Jeff pulling up tons of older games? I hate how they just moved onto something so insanely unwatchable

Pobb

Neo Member
Jan 25, 2019
New Forest, England
Vinny has said a few times that he enjoys the game, but dislikes the games fans.
Should lead to an interesting discussion, I didn't know Ben was playing the game also, did he mention it on the bombcast recently?
Ben did a good job last year on calling out Abby's "Nier is sexist!" talk, maybe he will do that again this year with Disco Elysium.
Yeah, Ben talked about it on the Bombcast, Jeff said he had started it but hardly played much yet. Don't remember what Brad said because I got distracted doing something. Everyone seemed pretty interested in it from what I recall.
I dont listen to the Beastcast so wasn't sure who else was playing.
Could be a fun discussion on the GOTY cast.

Reactions: Dale-Gribble-
Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY
If I counted how many times Ben said “like” when he talked about Disco Elysium, it would no joke be an insanely high number.
He is so unfunny and worthless. I was enjoying the mister stuff on their Play date steam and then he pops up thinking he’s cute and funny to ruin everything. Yeah, the people want to see his titties bounce up and down playing ring fit.
People like him and Abby are the result of SJW and their pathetic crowd trying to make losers appear as the norm. We can’t let them win.

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
I couldn’t believe most of the chat didn’t know about the GBA cartoon carts. They bring it up all the time and just talked about it like a week or two ago on the Bombcast, are people absolute morons? Also every kid had these and they sold insanely well, so it just goes to show how many children who aren’t even old enough to have these be popular are in the chat. (They were way past my time, but even I knew about them!).
I'm circa 40 years old and I haven't a fucking clue what you're talking about. "Cartoon carts"? Things you know about that other people don't is not a reason to call them "morons". For fuck's sake. Are you all mentally 14-year-olds? I thought we were having a reasonably mature discussion here.

Last edited:

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
I'm circa 40 years old and I haven't a fucking clue what you're talking about. "Cartoon carts"? Things you know about that other people don't is not a reason to call them "morons". For fuck's sake. Are you all 14-year-olds? I thought we were having a reasonably mature discussion here.

Pobb

Neo Member
Jan 25, 2019
New Forest, England
I really enjoyed Ron. His voice threw me off at first but he was genuinely funny and knew his shit.
Listening to the Beastcast for the first time in ages and yeah, Ron seems pretty knowledgeable about games.
Also I thought Abby talking about The Sims all the time was a meme or something but Holy shit she actually talks about it on this episode too. 😂

Jul 7, 2019
Ron's voice was grating when I tried to start listening to the beastcast, but it wasn't him that made me turn the podcast off. It was that bitch Abby who talked about the only wrestler she could think of being canceled. FUCK cancel culture. I wish someone would cancel her, so she knows how shitty it is when people judge your entire worth based on one thing. People are not black and white, we're shades of grey, and everyone has the capacity to be decent at times, and super shitty at others. Even the best people can have moments of weakness. Cancel culture encourages ruining people's lives based on those moments.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY
Ron's voice was grating when I tried to start listening to the beastcast, but it wasn't him that made me turn the podcast off. It was that bitch Abby who talked about the only wrestler she could think of being canceled. FUCK cancel culture. I wish someone would cancel her, so she knows how shitty it is when people judge your entire worth based on one thing. People are not black and white, we're shades of grey, and everyone has the capacity to be decent at times, and super shitty at others. Even the best people can have moments of weakness. Cancel culture encourages ruining people's lives based on those moments.
I can’t agree more. This stuff exists in work places and from people of power. It’s really concerning to me. And why would I listen to a young, sad morons tell me what’s right and wrong when the same scrutiny back on them would completely expose that hypocrisy.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Lol. Ben didn’t know that “Ninty” refers to Nintendo. These people are just staggeringly oblivious.

EDIT: And Jeff stopped drinking a caffeinated energy drink, not because he’s a mature and intelligent adult that cares for his health and not a dumb teenager, but because he doesn’t like the political views of the owner of the energy drink company. Lmao. These people have nothing left in their lives but to virtue-signal. Trumpsad.gif

Last edited:

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I'm circa 40 years old and I haven't a fucking clue what you're talking about. "Cartoon carts"? Things you know about that other people don't is not a reason to call them "morons". For fuck's sake. Are you all mentally 14-year-olds? I thought we were having a reasonably mature discussion here.
Yeah all the cartoon GBA carts that, like I said, they talk about all the time. I’m 35 and I knew what they were even though it was no where near my age range to know. Maybe because I owned and operated a indie game store back in the later 2000’s and sold them that they became more popular. But again, it doesn’t excuse people not even knowing what these were when they talk about them on a semi regular basis. They literally just talked about them like two weeks ago on the Bombcast and everyone reacts like it’s the first time they have ever heard this information.

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
Ben on the recent bombcast: I had to google what a crpg was cause I didn't know.

Jan whispering: What is it?

Me:

Really? Jeez, I've never had a decent PC in my life and am a console gaming peasant, yet even I know what a fucking crpg is. You could probably even guess what the c is just by thinking logically. God Ben is dumb.

Hudo

Jul 26, 2018
Not sure when it began but Jason has been looking like he is about to die for some time now. What the fuck is going on with him?

Hudo

Jul 26, 2018
If I remember right, he's diabetic. So it's probably related to that.
Ah, OK. I wasn't aware of that. It really looks like he isn't taking medication or he fucking needs to go see a doctor. Ben also looks like an unhealthy fuck (and I don't mean his weight) but at least he looks like he is working condition.