• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
A few of these guys are seriously slacking off. Like I said, wtf do these people do all day? Please tell me they're recording GOTY or are on vacation or something. This is the number of minutes they've been on stream/video/podcast the last 7 days. Keep in mind, they've been on the clock for 2400 minutes (I'm assuming 8 hours x 5 days).

Ben: 624 min (respectable)
Jeff: 476 min
Brad: 358 min
Alex: 166 min
Dan: 166 min
Vinny: 140 min
Abby: 54 min

Last edited:

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
A few of these guys are seriously slacking off. Like I said, wtf do these people do all day? Please tell me they're recording GOTY or are on vacation or something. This is the number of minutes they've been on stream/video/podcast the last 7 days. Keep in mind, they've been on the clock for 2400 minutes (I'm assuming 8 hours x 5 days).

Ben: 624 min
Meetings?

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
I'm sorry, I can't tell if you're honestly trying to explain their lack of effort or just being sarcastic.
A little bit of both. I read or heard since they got bought by CBS, they had to do more meetings than they used to. But even if they had super long meetings every week, that still wouldn't explain how unproductive they are. It's not like their making game reviews where they are writing scripts and editing. The gamegrumps are more productive for no other reason then they put out a shit ton of videos a week.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElKabong

SpiceRacz

Feb 27, 2017
Hazuki Dojo
Ah, OK. I wasn't aware of that. It really looks like he isn't taking medication or he fucking needs to go see a doctor. Ben also looks like an unhealthy fuck (and I don't mean his weight) but at least he looks like he is working condition.
I don't like to speak on appearances, but Ben looks like a big pasty warm-milk drinking sack of shit.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Ben is just a mongoloid. He could be a picture of health and he's always going to look like that.
What makes it funnier is he seems to think he’s this hip and trendy hipster type. Like, really cool. Even down to how he tries to speak.

But, he just looks like an awkward and hideous giant nerd.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004

There are millions of podcasts out there. Try branching out some.

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
Speaking of other podcasts, I believe someone on here may or may not have recommended them, but the gigaboots podcast is pretty sweet.

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
It has the fuck to do with your obsessing over how many hours they're working in a day vs how many hours of podcasts they're outputting. Chill out.
Dude, that took 10 minutes of my time, at work. I never indicated that I don't have enough podcasts to listen to. My point is these fuckers are overpaid and lazy as fuck. Chill out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMadMan007

Zaffo

Feb 11, 2018
Oh let us bitch and moan, for years GB was a big part of the entertainment life of a lot of guys in here.
Watching the website go from a carefree crew of actually well informed guys having a laugh at the latest videogame, to a politic driven gaming "themed" assembly of zoomers with little to no knowledge of the subject matter kind of stings, and bitching about it somehow brings back the good community feelings we lost when everything turned into leftist propaganda and cancel culture over there.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Oh let us bitch and moan, for years GB was a big part of the entertainment life of a lot of guys in here.
Watching the website go from a carefree crew of actually well informed guys having a laugh at the latest videogame, to a politic driven gaming "themed" assembly of zoomers with little to no knowledge of the subject matter kind of stings, and bitching about it somehow brings back the good community feelings we lost when everything turned into leftist propaganda and cancel culture over there.
Agreed.

Also, this is one of the last bastions of truly free space where people can speak their minds about this shit show.

Everywhere else you’d be fighting the Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda before getting silenced and banned.

I say it time and time again, I make it my mission to call out stupid and call out hypocrites. Current day Giant Bomb definitely qualifies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghetto_Capitalist

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
Agreed.

Also, this is one of the last bastions of truly free space where people can speak their minds about this shit show.

Everywhere else you’d be fighting the Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda before getting silenced and banned.

I say it time and time again, I make it my mission to call out stupid and call out hypocrites. Current day Giant Bomb definitely qualifies.
This is the only place for free speech. I am banned from giantbomb chat and post functiins. Banned from discord within 5 minutes of registerung and unsubbed from bg reddit myself since it's hell

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Fair enough, I feel ya.

This is the only place for free speech. I am banned from giantbomb chat and post functiins. Banned from discord within 5 minutes of registerung and unsubbed from bg reddit myself since it's hell
Sheesh, you’re a reasonable dude, too.

• Love
Reactions: Greedings and rofif

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
I've made so many typos in that one post... I must've been really angry or inspired when I wrote it :LOL:

Grechy34

Mar 29, 2015
Ah, OK. I wasn't aware of that. It really looks like he isn't taking medication or he fucking needs to go see a doctor. Ben also looks like an unhealthy fuck (and I don't mean his weight) but at least he looks like he is working condition.
Jason has health issues. I believe vision in one of his eyes is failing him due to diabetes in which you will notice he has begun to shut one eye on some videos when playing games.

GoingToCancelGB

Neo Member
Nov 19, 2019
While we here do have a safe space to express ourselves, I feel it is important to keep things on track: We all care about GB in some respect. Talking down on people, of which if you read my first post I am guilty of, is going to happen as we are all opinionated. When it comes to the brand, or the community's health, I hope for some turnaround as it has stagnated. I was listening to some old Bombcast clips and they were informative, funny and on brand. How I miss those days.

Saying that, I wish no ill will upon anyone on staff. I am truly concerned for Jason. Diabetes is no laughing matter, and I hope he is doing ok. He has a wife and a child of only a few years. Damn the world if his affliction takes over.

Last edited:
Reactions: DangerStepp

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Dan, Bianca and PAUL review Birdemic
PAULHEADS GET IN HERE

GoingToCancelGB

Neo Member
Nov 19, 2019
Dan, Bianca and PAUL review Birdemic
PAULHEADS GET IN HERE
Nice. Paul is a fellow that I would genuinely like to hang out with and have a beer together. A great blend of intelligence and laid back "whatever". Dan and Bdonk? Yeah, a match made in heaven.... or was that hell?

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: brap

Dale-Gribble-

Formerly 'Eazy_tom'
Jan 9, 2015

From the 18th to the 29th here are the numbers I got;

Ben--1062 mins
Jeff--913 mins
Jason--735 mins
Alex--696 mins
Jan--616 mins
Abby--584 mins
Brad--556 mins
Vinny--526 mins
Dan--466 mins

Using your metric, which I'm assuming was from the 22nd to the 28th since you made your post Friday morning I got these numbers;

Ben--627
Jason--508
Jeff--478
Brad--359
Dan--321 mins
Alex--321 mins
Vinny--295 mins
Jan--267
Abby--209 mins

I don't understand why our numbers are so different, I just used to website to see the cast of each video then the cast of the podcasts and
totaled it up.

Dale-Gribble-

Formerly 'Eazy_tom'
Jan 9, 2015

I forgot to say in my last post, the west coast crew doesn't work Mondays, not sure about the east.

Jul 7, 2019
Jesus, with those numbers, no wonder the site is so fucking unbearable lately. Ben is on way too much shit, he makes me turn off every piece of content he's in.

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Actually kind of looking forward to the virtue signaling PC centric shitshow the GOTY discussions will be this year.

Next year will be even better with Trump’s re-election 🤣

BibleBLACKED

Mar 20, 2017
Actually kind of looking forward to the virtue signaling PC centric shitshow the GOTY discussions will be this year.
Making fun of their stupid sjw arguments will be the only fun thing about the goty talks, and at this point I am fine with just getting that to trash them here afterwards, cause they ain't giving me actual good goty deliberations anymore. xD

• Fire
Reactions: VedderOA
Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY
Last Friday’s Beastcast was very chill and entertaining to listen to. During the premium membership sale Abby said “Thank you for allowing me to have a job”. That kind of humility is what I feel like has been lacking in their recent attitudes. It goes a long way for me. The line in the sand politics and soap boxing from much of the industry and fans is why I’m here; cause it’s alienating and way crazy to me. It was nice to enjoy them and not have all that divisive baggage.
But Ben. He’s the only thing I just can’t get on board with in any way. I’m down for more of Jeff’s Mister stuff.

Reactions: DangerStepp

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
Controversial opinion maybe? Jeff's appeal never had anything to do with the games he was playing. His tastes are mostly bland or of the "ironic" brand. His appeal was in the humor arena, but now he's mostly just lame.

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Controversial opinion maybe? Jeff's appeal never had anything to do with the games he was playing. His tastes are mostly bland or of the "ironic" brand. His appeal was in the humor arena, but now he's mostly just lame.
Jeffs always been lame

• Triggered
Reactions: VedderOA and O-N-E

Guiberu

Jan 6, 2009
England
Jeffs always been lame
I don't understand.

You've said he's lame, but then posted a video of him clearly being fucking awesome.

I had to pause and come back to the most recent Bombcast when Ben started prattling on about politics in games. Christ I hate him. I mean. I'm sure he's a lovely chap in real life. Away from a microphone, or any kind of ability to have his "ideas" permeate through society. But he fucking drags the podcasts down so much.

I miss Ryan.

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
That Too Human vid is classic. It’s supposed to be corny, brap. You millenial/gen Z tard.
I bet you're a millennial too. Listening to GB over the age of 39 is pathetic. Also lmao @ the HURR DURR ITS BAD ON PURPOSE THEREFORE YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE IT!!! It's shit.

Reactions: VedderLovesBenPack

VedderLovesBenPack

Neo Member
Nov 21, 2019
Im just messing with you man. Pop your meds and relax.
Take your own advice, Ved. You don't want lose it and "I'm out" yourself from this forum, too.

Jeff's rap schtick has always been lame. It's even more pathetic considering how much of a pandering cuck he is these days. Very much not gangsta.

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015
I’m not denying that Jeff has boring and shit tastes in games, but he also has a history of shilling his mate’s games. Divekick comes to mind.

I’m not suggesting he’s getting paid for it or anything like that, but he’s definitely done it in the past. I get that he’s one of the “best” of a bad bunch, but I don’t believe for a second that his integrity keeps him above that sort of thing.
No offense but i think Jeff would be the last one to shill.

About the only thing that remains ok with GB

Last edited:
Reactions: ElKabong

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
No offense but i think Jeff would be the last one to shill.

About the only thing that remains ok with GB
Why would I be offended? That’s your opinion.

My opinion is he has shilled, multiple times. Not for monetary gain, but for people he knows. Publicity.

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015
Why would I be offended? That’s your opinion.

My opinion is he has shilled, multiple times. Not for monetary gain, but for people he knows. Publicity.
You think his MiSTer fpga stuff is shilling or just him really liking the product?

GloryDays

Neo Member
Oct 14, 2019
From the 18th to the 29th here are the numbers I got;

Ben--1062 mins
Jeff--913 mins
Jason--735 mins
Alex--696 mins
Jan--616 mins
Abby--584 mins
Brad--556 mins
Vinny--526 mins
Dan--466 mins

Using your metric, which I'm assuming was from the 22nd to the 28th since you made your post Friday morning I got these numbers;

Ben--627
Jason--508
Jeff--478
Brad--359
Dan--321 mins
Alex--321 mins
Vinny--295 mins
Jan--267
Abby--209 mins

I don't understand why our numbers are so different, I just used to website to see the cast of each video then the cast of the podcasts and
totaled it up.
Ben being in the most Giant Bomb content is a fucking crime. It was actually bearable when he was on holiday.

Jeff needs to wise up, but sadly he doesn't give a shit anymore.

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Ben being in the most Giant Bomb content is a fucking crime. It was actually bearable when he was on holiday.

Jeff needs to wise up, but sadly he doesn't give a shit anymore.
Im sure he probably gives somewhat of a shit but he can't just fire the dude for being an unappealing, unfunny retard. That’s not how the gaming media works nowadays.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Spukc