• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
I can’t remember if it was before GB East existed or after Dan moved to East, but there was a time when whenever Dan started going on one of his hilarious tangents on the podcast, Alex would immediately start complaining “No. I don’t want to hear it.”, “Let’s move on.”, “No, no more funny stories.” etc. Immediately shutting down the conversation.

It infuriated me so much that I wrote an email imploring them to “Just let Dan be Dan, please.” because I was still invested in the podcast back then. Of course my email got ignored. It was before Abby and Ben were hired.

It just killed it for me. The one redeeming feature left (Dan’s brainfarts) and they literally tried to kill it off.

They’re honestly the dumbest bunch of fucks to ever dumb.
Do you remember during this year's E3 when Alex purposely missed a Simpson's table read because he had other appointments, then got super disappointed cause Werner Herzog was there? The Simpson's sucks balls now, but I'd still go to a table read if I was given the chance. The dude has a pathological need to take the joy out of his and other's lives. When he told that story it didn't surprise me in the least.

Reactions: Scopa

brap

Jan 9, 2018
Do you remember during this year's E3 when Alex purposely missed a Simpson's table read because he had other appointments, then got super disappointed cause Werner Herzog was there? The Simpson's sucks balls now, but I'd still go to a table read if I was given the chance. The dude has a pathological need to take the joy out of his and other's lives. When he told that story it didn't surprise me in the least.
Guess who was there

KuntChocula

Dec 10, 2018
POINT OF PERSONAL PRIVILEGE:

You are correct. The only path to lead us to utopia is through Abby’s brand of comedy/not comedy and lectures from loud, pasty and chubby nerds.

Thank you for showing me the light, comrade.

Signed,

Cis. He/him. Straight & with no sense of humour.
Is Meth head a pronoun? Asking for a Navarro.

• LOL
Reactions: Scopa
Aug 24, 2012
GB would unironically feature a Playdate of this game in 2019:

Honestly, I'd probably be all over a Nancy Drew Playdate if this was GB from 10 years ago.

Evil Calvin

Aug 23, 2017
He screamed out IM PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIICK on an ep of UPF and that was epic. He said Seinfeld was racist which more people need to know. He is currently dating a non-binary individual which is hella lit and progressive.
I was wondering about that. He always says 'partner'. Sooo......was his partner born a male or a female?

brap

Jan 9, 2018
I was wondering about that. He always says 'partner'. Sooo......was his partner born a male or a female?
Born female and is now non-binary. Went from a decent chubby girl to a full blown hairy butch lesbian.

Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY
I half paid attention to Outer Worlds QL to not spoil, but they were at least behaving cause they had company. Now the Ben/Brad Switcher QL typifies absolutely no effort to show the game beyond booting up the first area. Brad was ok but Ben admitted to only playing it a few hours but continues to run his mouth about how you can spend hours collecting herbs and how it's like Skyrim. That's WWE level of insult to the intelligence of the audience.

BarmyDodger

Aug 15, 2018
I half paid attention to Outer Worlds QL to not spoil, but they were at least behaving cause they had company. Now the Ben/Brad Switcher QL typifies absolutely no effort to show the game beyond booting up the first area. Brad was ok but Ben admitted to only playing it a few hours but continues to run his mouth about how you can spend hours collecting herbs and how it's like Skyrim. That's WWE level of insult to the intelligence of the audience.
Figured Vinny would have been better for that since I think he's the only person on staff that completed that game.

Reactions: Ghetto_Capitalist

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
Remember how they cried like babies about how the Witcher was "too long" and couldn't get through it in the almost full year that it was out to talk about it for Game of the Year? Then that same year they bragged about playing 80+ hours of Metal Gear 5 in one week and audibly credited it as "the greatest game ever made"... Only for a level editor that only streamers with large audiences could have fun with got top spot.
Also the fact that they basically hate their audience. Every week was filled with emails pleading that they give it another shot and that there is so much more to the game than they think... and they basically laughed and said "well we are just going to do the opposite of that now"

BermudaDrain

Neo Member
Oct 5, 2019
I just can't bring myself to watch it. I pretty much don't watch any GBW content anymore. When I saw that there's an Asura's Wrath feature I was really excited for it, but BEN AND JASON? Hell no.
Say what you will about Abby, but at least she can banter with Vinny and Dan.

Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY
Figured Vinny would have been better for that since I think he's the only person on staff that completed that game.
I'm just saying any kind of actual effort to show me something. As the thread has echoed - is the job really that hard?
To tack on a comment about watching the Bombcast. There was no Ben, and while dumb jokes were made, brad and Jeff At least are graceful about it and can keep flowing unlike Lurch. Brad is still hiding from doing much. Jeff did try to tackle a bit about China.
I just can't bring myself to watch it. I pretty much don't watch any GBW content anymore. When I saw that there's an Asura's Wrath feature I was really excited for it, but BEN AND JASON? Hell no.
Say what you will about Abby, but at least she can banter with Vinny and Dan.
I feel the same about Abby. No issues with her on screen other than talking down Fan sometimes.

Reactions: rofif

brap

Jan 9, 2018
I hate how they call it a playdate. Sounds like some elementary school shit.
Play date or playdate is an expression primarily used in the US for an arranged appointment for children to get together for a few hours to play. It should not be confused with dating as there is not an implied romantic component to it.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I hate how they call it a playdate. Sounds like some elementary school shit.
Ha, I totally agree. It just shows to what demographic they are catering to now. Sadly it’s not adults, it’s children who know nothing about games, who need to have silly costumes like some twitch streamer.

DangerStepp

Sep 14, 2007
This past week's Bombcast was really enjoyable.

Good discussion and ran longer than usual without being a slog.

May 22, 2019

Dan, Abby, and Alex making dick jokes. I'd never play any of these games, but it is enjoyable for quick looks. I wouldn't mind a full feature with some kinda farming simulator with Dan & Abby.

Reactions: Ghetto_Capitalist

brap

Jan 9, 2018

Dan, Abby, and Alex making dick jokes. I'd never play any of these games, but it is enjoyable for quick looks. I wouldn't mind a full feature with some kinda farming simulator with Dan & Abby.
You have the shittiest fucking taste I goddamn swear.
DUDE DICK JOKES LMAO I'M 12 YEARS OLD HAHA.

• LOL
Reactions: HotPocket69

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
Dick jokes and spongebob games... Giant Bomb really is for children. Looks like I'm just going to go look for podcasts and sites that don't cater to kids as their primary focus and audience.

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
Man, I don't think I can do this anymore guys. Every time I go to watch something with Ben or Abby in it I can only get about a few minutes in before I can't handle it. What is it about those two? Did Giant Bomb get cursed or something? Did Jeff piss off a Gypsy? How in the hell did we get bewitched with the two most irritating, unfunny people on the planet?

May 22, 2019
Man, I don't think I can do this anymore guys. Every time I go to watch something with Ben or Abby in it I can only get about a few minutes in before I can't handle it. What is it about those two? Did Giant Bomb get cursed or something? Did Jeff piss off a Gypsy? How in the hell did we get bewitched with the two most irritating, unfunny people on the planet?
Then stop watching. Giantbomb just ain't for you anymore. Sometimes you just gotta let shit go. This goes for all of you.

Javthusiast

Formerly 'BibleBLACKED'
Mar 20, 2017
Today on the Beastcast: Abby doesn't know what an isometric view is, criticises Disco Elysium because "it has a lot of clicking".
You gotta be kidding me. As if not knowing total recall wasn't dumb enough she now doesnt know that, a term which I am sure has to have been mentioned multiple times discussing games on their podcast with her being present.

Last edited: