• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Maiden Voyage

Sep 5, 2014
USA
You could reasonably pull a Dun & Bradstreet report to get an estimate, if you got an account or are willing to fork over for the report.

I doubt there is anything on their 10-K about GB specifically. Gamespot is listed, however.

Edit: On second-thought, unless GB has it's own line of credit, you would really only be able to search CBSi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drunkenski

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
No clue. For reference, I was looking at this site. It appears to be at least a little closer to the truth than others I've seen, but who knows - they don't site sources. Could all be malarkey anyway. Plenty of results out there if you search.

Site is taking an age to load...

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
I’d love to know how they came to that $75 million valuation.
The Database and wiki probably, I mean it's api is used by anything games related like Twitch, youtube and Mixer for the games listings for example

eot

Apr 13, 2012
The Database and wiki probably, I mean it's api is used by anything games related like Twitch, youtube and Mixer for the games listings for example
They don't charge for the API, and as far as I can see twitch doesn't link to giantbomb. They don't have much potential for growth, they have a niche brand and I doubt their revenue is all that high. I mean, EA paid like $400m for Respawn, you think giantbomb is worth a sixth of that? In a time where traditional games press is shrivelling up and everything is going to youtube/twitch

Reactions: Dross1984

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
They don't charge for the API, and as far as I can see twitch doesn't link to giantbomb. They don't have much potential for growth, they have a niche brand and I doubt their revenue is all that high. I mean, EA paid like $400m for Respawn, you think giantbomb is worth a sixth of that? In a time where traditional games press is shrivelling up and everything is going to youtube/twitch
I’d value them at $3-4 million maximum and that’s being generous.

In other news, they just announced on the Bombcast that they’re changing up the ads. They’re “dynamic” now! (Translation: targeted ads).

I’m going to add this to my list of clues that suggests to me that times are tough and they are getting desperate.

Dross1984

Neo Member
Jan 4, 2020
I’d value them at $3-4 million maximum and that’s being generous.

In other news, they just announced on the Bombcast that they’re changing up the ads. They’re “dynamic” now! (Translation: targeted ads).

I’m going to add this to my list of clues that suggests to me that times are tough and they are getting desperate.
I see where you're coming from, but if times were tough wouldn't they be trying harder?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I see where you're coming from, but if times were tough wouldn't they be trying harder?
As I keep saying: Business SJW style = stick your head in the sand, ignore all warning signs/constructive criticism and chant “La la la la la” with your fingers in your ears until your business crumbles.

It’s all going according to plan.

BibleBLACKED

Mar 20, 2017
Have they adressed any negative feedback to their goty shitshow on the newest bombcast episode? Or are they ignoring it like usual and just sweeping it under a rock?

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
All listed here for Twitch:

https://help.twitch.tv › article › adding-a-game-and-box-art-to-the-directory

Just cause they don't charge for it doesn't mean its not worth anything, hell how much is Gaf worth?

Also listening to the newest Bombcast now, the Break seems to have done them some good, a more upbeat episode this week, even Ben wasn't all that annoying

Last edited:
Reactions: DangerStepp

Greenbomb

Neo Member
Mar 13, 2014
There's a kind of obscure hobby podcast that's become my favourite of late, 4 Player Podcast. They don't really bring up politics aside from a few one-off remarks here and there, and the regular crew has a fairly diverse taste in and knowledge about games (PC, console, retro). Give it a listen.
Thank you for recommending 4 Player Podcast. I have tried it since reading your post and they are really laid back, discuss both large and smaller games, have over 600 episodes dating back from 2008 (usually around 2 to 3 hours long) and are friendly and funny.

I suggest anyone disillusioned with GB to give them a try, they remind me of what I used to like about the Bombcast.

I wish Dan the best, he provided some of the best content in the recent years. For a while I had a habit of ordering Chinese food to eat while watching the Mario Parties and drinking a beer.

BibleBLACKED

Mar 20, 2017
Oh right, how come I didn't bring up 4PP. I have been listening to them for years, but everytime people asked for alterrnatives to GB and their podcast, I for some reason never thought of bringing them up.

In terms of gaming poscasts my favs right now are basically Castle Super Beast, 4 Player Podcast, EasyAllies ( Yes I still enjoy them personally ), and then a couple german ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenbomb

Ramagamma

Neo Member
Mar 22, 2017
I quite like the four player podcast, it's kind of a bit down-beat but then I suppose you have to consider its ran by a bunch of guys in their spare time.

I have also been enjoying Kotaku videos with Tim Rogers recently, he has this kind of surreal strange sense of humour that reminds me of a lot of earlier Giant bomb stuff.

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
I quite like the four player podcast, it's kind of a bit down-beat but then I suppose you have to consider its ran by a bunch of guys in their spare time.

I have also been enjoying Kotaku videos with Tim Rogers recently, he has this kind of surreal strange sense of humour that reminds me of a lot of earlier Giant bomb stuff.
Tim Rogers is the only good thing about Kotaku. Plus he used to work for Suda 51 at Grasshopper.

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
What the hell is going on a couple of pages back? Teenage basement dwellers thirsting for Mary Kish. I mean, she'd be a really good fit for GB East (she would never even consider it) but the icky virgin thirst is cringe as fuck. Comparing and shitting on pictures of different women in the industry. Maybe we need a separate thread for people over the age of 14 so the basement children can shit on people for their appearance in their own shithole of a thread? It's embarrassing.

KingMoron

Dec 10, 2018
What the hell is going on a couple of pages back? Teenage basement dwellers thirsting for Mary Kish. I mean, she'd be a really good fit for GB East (she would never even consider it) but the icky virgin thirst is cringe as fuck. Comparing and shitting on pictures of different women in the industry. Maybe we need a separate thread for people over the age of 14 so the basement children can shit on people for their appearance in their own shithole of a thread? It's embarrassing.
You forgot to end your post with "M'lady"

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Maybe we need a separate thread for boomers to sperg out in.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
You do realise Abby herself shit on Cate Blanchett’s husband’s appearance on Twitter for no reason, right?

If it’s good enough for her to do it...

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
You forgot to end your post with "M'lady"
Maybe we need a separate thread for boomers to sperg out in.
A couple of retarded posts (what else from brap) from basement dwelling teenage spergs masturbating to Mary Kisch and proving my point without realizing it. Imagine using "boomer" unironically. Fucking LOL. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Noboru Wataya

Bored at work, horned up to the gills
Jul 8, 2016
Northern Ireland, UK
she’d be a really good fit for something.

• LOL

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
A couple of retarded posts (what else from brap) from basement dwelling teenage spergs masturbating to Mary Kisch and proving my point without realizing it. Imagine using "boomer" unironically. Fucking LOL. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Imagine being 40 years old and shitposting about GB on the internet. I know you already got banned from retardera for sperging out about GB but you should really make another account on there. Also it really shows you low iq you are if you think I was using boomer unironically. I expect nothing less from a sperg that signed up to neogaf just to whine about GB though.

Drunkenski

Formerly 'GoingToCancelGB'
Nov 19, 2019
If I'm going to be in a thread for people under 14 I'm violating my parole.

Chill, just smile and move on.

In other news, today's GB playdate (west) is titled GTFO (get the friends over). Little on the nose considering, doncha think?

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
If I'm going to be in a thread for people under 14 I'm violating my parole.

Chill, just smile and move on.

In other news, today's GB playdate (west) is titled GTFO (get the friends over). Little on the nose considering, doncha think?
What? Isn't it a stream of them playing the game called "GTFO"? That's what I thought it is.

EllrickOA

Neo Member
Dec 26, 2019
Imagine being 40 years old and shitposting about GB on the internet. I know you already got banned from retardera for sperging out about GB but you should really make another account on there. Also it really shows you low iq you are if you think I was using boomer unironically. I expect nothing less from a sperg that signed up to neogaf just to whine about GB though.

Anyone else catch some shrapnel from this post? :messenger_anguished:

• Thoughtful
Reactions: kurisu_1974

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
What? Isn't it a stream of them playing the game called "GTFO"? That's what I thought it is.
Heh yes, but after the GOTY whiplash I thought it was kind of funny when I saw the title of the stream and their disobedience to subscriber feedback.

pochepiller2

Aug 4, 2019
well brap you sound like you need a drink! Stressful day I guess.
For my part I'll say to enrich the conversation that I was banned from old neogaf for saying I wanted to punch Patrick Klepek in the face.

• LOL
Reactions: Scopa and eot

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
well brap you sound like you need a drink! Stressful day I guess.
For my part I'll say to enrich the conversation that I was banned from old neogaf for saying I wanted to punch Patrick Klepek in the face.
Always go for the back of the head:

(7 sec video)

Reactions: SpiceRacz

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I'm finally getting around to that MinnMax episode with Dan. Even 20 mins in it really is telling who Dan is as a person. I think he's best summed up as Dan: I like playing video games, but I don't actually care about them. Him refusing to actually care how they are made or who makes them as long as they are fun to play speaks a lot to why I never cared for Dan.

Yes, games can be fun, yes they should mostly be fun to play but there is so much more than surface level enjoyment out of games, and that is really all that Dan cares about. "as long as I'm having fun in the moment" seems to be all Dan cares about video games.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
That's just saying two wrongs make a right. Am I wrong? I didn't support Abby shitting on Cate Blanchett so I don't know why you're using that against me.,
I’m just saying, if she behaves that way, she opens herself up to the same sort of comments and she has no leg to stand on complaining about that.

“Fuck you haters!” - Abby

You’re a hater yourself, Abby.

Last edited:

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
Imagine being 40 years old and shitposting about GB on the internet.
LOOOL!!! Imagine being 12 and shitposting about GB. No history whatsoever. (we now know that brap is a basement dwelling teenager who knows absolutely nothing about Giant Bomb. Hahaha! You are hilarious!
[/QUOTE]

I know you already got banned from retardera for sperging out about GB but you should really make another account on there. Also it really shows you low iq you are if you think I was using boomer unironically. I expect nothing less from a sperg that signed up to neogaf just to whine about GB though.
Hahahahaha!!! What the fuck even is this? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: What is the imaginary deamon brap/he/she calls/xer "retardera"? Fucking hell, "low iq" and "boomer" and "sperg". I've never been more entertained. Holy shit, you fucking fedora!

Last edited:

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I’m just saying, if she behaves that way, she opens herself up to the same sort of comments and she has no leg to stand on complaining about that.

“Fuck you haters!” - Abby

You’re a hater yourself, Abby.
That's the way a lot of people are now a days. You MUST be tolerant of everybody regardless of who they are, what they believe, what they like. EXCEPT if they don't line up with your beliefs. Then it's 100% ok, and you must hate them with every fiber of your being.

Pompey

Neo Member
Oct 5, 2019
Finally finished watching the GOTY videos. Damn that was a slog. How is Ben in even worse than Jason? Watching Ben's stare off into space with a glassy-eyed look on his face whenever he wasn't talking was kind of gross. I will give Ben a little credit for being prepared for the show, He had notes and had clearly played a number of the games which helped cover up his still awful attempts at having a personality.

The whole thing was still incredibly boring and frustrating to listen to. The new format did help keep Abby, Alex, Vinny, and Brad from repeating the same terrible talking points over and over, but nothing really could hide how unprepared everyone was to do this show.

"Vinny to Brad (Regarding Tetris 99): What would you take off the list?
Brad: All the things I would take off the list are things I haven't played"

Then why are you even at this table?

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
KingMoron, SpiceRacz, Scopa and brap. Tugging on your dicks is perfectly fine. It's when you take your values (women are ripe for "misogyny"), that's when we have to stop you. I'm sorry but it's just how humans work.

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
Incel crew, since we can discuss freely, get at me, I'm here all day (when I'm not sleeping or there's a game on):

KingMoron
SpiceRacz
Scopa
brap
EllrickOA

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
LOOOL!!! Imagine being 12 and shitposting about GB. No history whatsoever. (we now know that brap is a basement dwelling teenager who knows absolutely nothing about Giant Bomb. Hahaha! You are hilarious!
How the fuck do you even type this retarded? You're middle aged, autistic as fuck, and obsessed with your fake internet friends. You'll never grow up.

Hahahahaha!!! What the fuck even is this? :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: What is the imaginary deamon brap/he/she calls/xer "retardera"? Fucking hell, "low iq" and "boomer" and "sperg". I've never been more entertained. Holy shit, you fucking fedora!
[/QUOTE]
Nice projection autismo.

KingMoron, SpiceRacz, Scopa and brap. Tugging on your dicks is perfectly fine. It's when you take your values (women are ripe for "misogyny"), that's when we have to stop you. I'm sorry but it's just how humans work.
You sure love to think about a bunch of teen boys tugging on their dicks.

Incel crew, since we can discuss freely get at me:

KingMoron
SpiceRacz
Scopa
brap
EllrickOA
lmao even MORE posts? do you ever stop posting in this thread? who else is a member of the Abby Pussy Krumb Krew besides you? how are you so butthurt that abby is dumb as fuck and uglier than shit?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Incel crew, since we can discuss freely, get at me, I'm here all day (when I'm not sleeping or there's a game on):

KingMoron
SpiceRacz
Scopa
brap
EllrickOA
Dude...I make a perfectly acceptable point and you start throwing around “incel”?

Grow up man. You can’t act above it all and then display that lack of maturity.

If you want to REEE, you know where to do it.

Reactions: Zaffo

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
You're middle aged, autistic as fuck, and obsessed with your fake internet friends. You'll never grow up.
Middle-aged I certainaly am. I'm fuckin' 40 years old. To me, it seems you're a thousand percent more concerned with your "internet" "friends". That's why you are so extremely defensive; if you lose this, you'll have nothing, That's brap. Please don't start to think bad thoughts. There are plenty of people who would talk to you and help you.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I like how Dan also stated about Conan knowing when not to beat a dead bit into the ground. Giant Bomb has the exact opposite issue though. They refuse to do ANYTHING. Jeff said as much back when Danny interviewed him for the 10 year thing on the NoClip podcast. Jeff said they don't do things for fear of it becoming stale.

Fear is holding them back so much. The staples of the podcast and UPF don't need to be that big of a deal if they had other things to show for it too. Dan keeps referring back to the Roller Coaster video and Burgle and Sunshine and Mario Party.... like sure, those were great (except burgle, that can die in a fire) but the coaster video was back in 2014 and it's the thing everyone brings up.

There are so many ideas they could do, but refuse to because of "we don't want it to get stale". How can it get stale if you don't even do it in the first place? Giant Bomb's motto: Trying is the first step towards failure.

Reactions: SamFo