• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Only when Im wearing my MAGA hat and smiling
So you're familiar with NYC or a Rockefeller, correct? The trains are fucked. D, Q 2 4,hell the F if you want some good times, whatever. How's that relate to games - well we all have paths to take. Paths like - Nope not gonna say it - we have to explore ourselves. Slight jab at walking sims such as the hotly discussed Blurp Stranding. Ok I did say it.

Last edited:

bender

Apr 12, 2010
Sorry, I’m talking about Doom (2016), not original Doom, those games were great (even 3 had its moments). I’m specifically talking about the new Doom games where they hold it in a different light than it actually is. Like how the Upgrade Menu is somehow a genius in joke instead of just the same Old upgrade menu that we’ve seen in millions of other games. Or “Demon Prison” is some hilarious joke that those normies who don’t delve deep into the “lore” of Doom, “just wouldn’t get!”
Preface this with saying that I liked Doom 2016, but I felt most of the collectibles and challenges detracted from the game since those were tied to the upgrade system. I probably spent more time searching through cleared out levels than I did with the action (which was mostly excellent, though I kind of dislike the stagger, execute system that gave ammo/health drops). Still, it's one of three FPS campaigns I finished this past generation which is saying a lot since the previous generation sapped my love of the genre.

p.s. Once you get passed the initial tension the atmosphere creates in Doom 3, it has no moments. Terrible game. :p

Reactions: Drunkenski

Rei no Otaku

Jul 4, 2008
Cranston, RI
Another Demo Derby finally which is good, but man it just confirms my theory that something in San Francisco is giving people memory loss or something. Every demo is just them googling shit about the game because they remember nothing. It's not like they don't have decades in the industry or anything.

Inviusx

Jan 4, 2016
Another Demo Derby finally which is good, but man it just confirms my theory that something in San Francisco is giving people memory loss or something. Every demo is just them googling shit about the game because they remember nothing. It's not like they don't have decades in the industry or anything.
Why are you paying them money?

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
As per the newsletter from Brad “ And on our end, from a purely professional, logistical standpoint, it makes it easier for us to plan, schedule, and do our jobs”

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

• LOL
Reactions: Rei no Otaku

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
On the latest Beastcast He wanted to just look up the obscure NFL rule/article rather than Jeff Bakalar go get a new person and have them explain it. Absolutely sucks the life out of a room
He sucks the air and fun out of the room at least 2-3 times per episode of "Steal My Sunshine". Holy shit did he ruin that feature.

eot

Apr 13, 2012
As per the newsletter from Brad “ And on our end, from a purely professional, logistical standpoint, it makes it easier for us to plan, schedule, and do our jobs”

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣
That wasn't much of a newsletter. Reads like a stream of consciousness blogpost

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
That wasn't much of a newsletter. Reads like a stream of consciousness blogpost
He must have had Rorie help with it then.

Half of it was complaining about having to cram all his game playing for the year into a few weeks. Which is insane because last year had such little releases, there is no way you COULDN’T get through all those games. I wish I could reply to those newsletter and just say “you know, if you actually did your job, you would have had PLENTY of time throughout the entire year to play everything all the way through.”

Noboru Wataya

Bored at work, horned up to the gills
Jul 8, 2016
Northern Ireland, UK
Lol @ Alex’s “A guy was getting in my face on the train and so I stood my ground and didn’t say or do anything”.

So he’s only a courageous loud mouth on the internet. Never would have guessed.
Like the Covington kid?? Eeeek Alex

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣
context?

• LOL
Reactions: Rebo and Scopa

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015
Snl and giantbomb have alot in common. They're both formerly great and funny institutions that have gone to shit and have become shambling corpses of their former selves.
Was that sketch supposed to be funny? ,😕

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
He must have had Rorie help with it then.

Half of it was complaining about having to cram all his game playing for the year into a few weeks. Which is insane because last year had such little releases, there is no way you COULDN’T get through all those games. I wish I could reply to those newsletter and just say “you know, if you actually did your job, you would have had PLENTY of time throughout the entire year to play everything all the way through.”
Seriously. They complain about having to play too many games but in reality there is barely anything of note coming in last years and they are still not playing even what little there is

Reactions: donfonzie

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Did Jan just referred to his girlfriend as "my partner"?
Haven't listened to the the Giant Blurst cast yet - not sure I will - but this wouldn't surprise me. People aren't allowed to call anything what it is any longer. Boyfriend, girlfriend, nope, it's a partner. Car or truck, nope, it's a transportation apparatus. Ice cream or frogurt, nope it's frozen desert snack. But you get your choice of topping!

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Didn’t he always refer to her as something else or was that Rorie? “My lady friend” or something like that.
Rorie did and does use the term lady friend, and he got a heap of shit for it also. The fuck? As I recall, Jan used to say girlfriend, but guess that's not cool anymore.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Rorie did and does use the term lady friend, and he got a heap of shit for it also. The fuck? As I recall, Jan used to say girlfriend, but guess that's not cool anymore.
He must have got the lecture from Ben.

How much of an absolute pussy would you have to be to let BEN tell you what to do? Pathetic.

Zaffo

Feb 11, 2018

How much of an absolute pussy would you have to be to let BEN tell you what to do? Pathetic.
The threat of being reported to HR for reinforcing CIS gender couple stereotypes live on the internet, is a heavy cross to bear.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019

Certainly don't want a hashtag Tweeter surrounding your ghastly offenses to the world, would you? Might as well #jumpoffabridge.

DangerStepp

Sep 14, 2007
Eh, he's referred to her as his lady friend or girlfriend or whatever in the past.

It was probably just another way of referencing her. I wouldn't get too hung up on it. Who cares.

Reactions: Dross1984

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
Jan definitely has interchangeably swapped “girlfriend” and “partner” before. Sometimes it’s one, sometimes it’s the other. It’s stupid. I never once in my life thought of ever using the term partner over the term girlfriend or wife.

Jul 7, 2019
I think if I was starting a relationship with someone, and they insisted I called them "partner" or some other non-binary bull shit, I would bail the fuck out so fast.

Unless I was dating one of the girls of Perfume, or someone like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu....in that case, I'd call em whatever the fuck they want, just let me kiss the ground they walk on, lol.

• LOL
Reactions: BibleBLACKED

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Those replies, lol.

I know this is a joke. But the Dad in me overwhelmingly has to say that you are not ugly. And you do not need makeup. You are awesome and smart and cool. You get to decide what you want to do. Please don’t be mad, it’s like I can’t help typing this, even tho it’s a joke.
We stan an ugly queen!!!!!!!!

• LOL
Reactions: Rei no Otaku

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind

Not that I watch their panels, but this is basically "oops, we forgot". Are they gonna forget to register for E3 too lol?
I read that as: “CBS has tightened the purse strings on us as our website is doing poorly, but I’m going to lie about it because we have never respected our paying customers or communicated with them properly and I’m not going to start now. See ya, wouldn’t want to be ya.”

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Stumbled across this gem of a quick look I'd never seen before. 1 - because it's run by Ben and his game choices are garbage, 2 - because it's run by Ben.

But if you want peak Ben incompetence on a QL, give it a couple of minutes. I feel like I know less about the game after watching it.

Reactions: SamFo

SamFo

May 13, 2015
Didn't like no one show up to the last PAX panel?
Fans claimed it was scheduled at a shit time, but IMO they aren't doing a panel because of dwindling numbers.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Didn't like no one show up to the last PAX panel?
Fans claimed it was scheduled at a shit time, but IMO they aren't doing a panel because of dwindling numbers.
That’s hilarious if true. Any footage?

EDIT: I had a scrub through the PAX video and, from what I can tell, they don’t show the crowd once.

You know who they do show, though? Even though she wasn’t on the panel. Have a guess. Her head keeps popping up. It’s all about me, me, me. Lol.

Last edited:

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
It's a shame they pussed out of PAX East because "scheduling". They haven't all been great, or good, but there are some memorable moments. Remember Ryan drinking rando breast milk? Or that Mario Party, or when Drake busted his leg. Yeah now we get a lethargic ensemble and a frizzy haired ninny bitch that gets high and makes a 12 year olds "vlog" while screaming how much she hates the people that enable her paycheck.