• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Cheesewheel

Jun 16, 2013
So the new series "Party of One" is just a general playdate... but with one person

Fucking hell they really have lost everything that made them successful all those years ago. Their weekly meetings must start with "What's the laziest way we can make content?"

No wonder Dan got the hell off that sinking ship.

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
So the new series "Party of One" is just a general playdate... but with one person

Fucking hell they really have lost everything that made them successful all those years ago. Their weekly meetings must start with "What's the laziest way we can make content?"

No wonder Dan got the hell off that sinking ship.
They're reaching (plummeting?) to spoony one levels of productivity.

Last edited:

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
As usual now, the comments section of that Sims video is just oozing with pandering to that vile cunt. Meanwhile, anyone with a criticism or expression of desiring a mix of content is met with comments such as:

"Robubie

Lotta cowards in the comments, Sims content rules!"

Par for the course, the feckless GB toadies gather in numbers and rally when they are too pussy to have their own opinions for fear of being called out independently. Bandwagon children. Oh, and I read 'it' was able to complete 1/100th of the goal during the stream. Only 99 more streams to go.

At least Jeff streamed an interesting PC88 Mario title I had no clue existed and learned something. Not premium either, funny.

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
This guy is the fucking worst.

That is a truly pathetic person. I can hear the troglodytes sucking Abby's dick from here.

As Carlin once stated: “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Jul 7, 2019

When you have a community that basically weeds out anyone who doesn't agree with the narrative, what else do you expect in the comments of their content. If anyone says anything else, it'll either get deleted or the user banned, so of course this is the kind of shit that gets posted.

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl

😃

Remember when Ken Levine stopped by to hang out? That was basically the last time these guys had any true big names in their studio.

Last edited:

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
No one visits them any longer. Since they were kicked to the windowless first floor/basement of their building, cut out the booze, the fun and got that ridiculous Sports Center desk no one wants to go there. Political suicide if you're seen with the hack Ben Pack.

Patrick and Abby would have made a great couple. They could preach their bullshit and squirt out kids that get their asses kicked at school. "We name our gender fluid child Woke".

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Rebo and Scopa

bender

Apr 12, 2010
I guess I can see people liking Abby. We all like stupid shit that other people can't stand. Hell, look how well Greg Miller has done and that dude used to scream Beyond at the top of his lungs and give out terrible dating advice on an IGN Playstation Podcast. Not my cup of tea but whatever.

Can’t watch it. Patrick’s nerdfro makes me angry.
In response, I was going to post an image of Patrick crawling like a dog and barking while wearing far too short jean shorts from his 1up days but my Googlefu fails me. That image is burned into my brain and mostly why I've never been able to take the guy seriously.

• LOL
Reactions: Scopa

Zaffo

Feb 11, 2018

Also i've never got a waft of real life pussy in my life, but you could consider me an ally and maybe something more if you would me the honor my lady....

Edit:

Oh You bad bad people, i had to ceck the comments after reading that.
Never seen such a density of white knights in a sigle place since my teenager MMO years :messenger_face_screaming:

Last edited:

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Also i've never got a waft of real life pussy in my life, but you could consider me an ally and maybe something more if you would me the honor my lady....

Edit:

Oh You bad bad people, i had to ceck the comments after reading that.
Never seen such a density of white knights in a sigle place since my teenager MMO years :messenger_face_screaming:
Everyone within 10 feet of her gets a waft. If you have teeth that look like you picked up a toothbrush and said, naw this isn't for me, I doubt anything less than a machete will get through that bush.

Dare you to read the comments on all the Sims/Nancy videos. They are the guild hall for white knights.

Reactions: Ghetto_Capitalist

nonesuch

Neo Member
May 11, 2019
Where's the Persona 5 or Shenmue 2 endurance run? Where's Mass Alex 3?
I would murder a man in front of his mother for a Vinny Jeff Persona 5 ER

I would punch a man in front of his mother for Shenmue 2 maybe with like.. Mike?

I would shrug at them for Mass Alex 3?

I wouldn't mind Mike as a new East hire. I dunno if he would hop over from GS to GB though. What do you think?

Jul 7, 2019
Credit where credit is due, but from what I watched of the Zero/ZX quick look, at least Ben and Jan both are talking like they know what they're talking about. They knew what platforms the original Zero games and ZX were on. They knew that Zero 1-4 had a collection bundle on DS. They knew the lore enough that it took place after the X series in a more distant future. Stuff like this is simple things, but even during the good days of GB, there have been so many times where people doing QLs didn't know jack shit about the game they were playing. So like I said, credit where it's due, seems they both did their job this time.

ViolentP

Jan 13, 2009
Credit where credit is due, but from what I watched of the Zero/ZX quick look, at least Ben and Jan both are talking like they know what they're talking about. They knew what platforms the original Zero games and ZX were on. They knew that Zero 1-4 had a collection bundle on DS. They knew the lore enough that it took place after the X series in a more distant future. Stuff like this is simple things, but even during the good days of GB, there have been so many times where people doing QLs didn't know jack shit about the game they were playing. So like I said, credit where it's due, seems they both did their job this time.
Funny. Last night I watched the QL for Hunt: Showdown which Ben was hosting/playing, Brad was also playing, and Jeff speaking in the background. Ben was more focused on the game, mostly answering questions accurately and sticking to the subject matter. It was a case of him putting his work before his personality and it was good.

Here

Neo Member
Feb 22, 2020
I would punch a man in front of his mother for Shenmue 2 maybe with like.. Mike?
GBEast has had such a lackluster input lately; maybe they're secretly recording Shenmue 2. That'd be great as that would hopefully exclude Abby.

Also if Dan's not there (as much as I like the little guy), we'd probably not get random inane discussions about basic human knowledge as soon as the action dies down. Those Dan Moments were imo the weakest parts of the first Shenmue ER. I just want Vinny "C Word" Caravella goofin' off and fun banter.

Last edited:

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
eazeapeazea: It's because Abby is a woman, the haters come out of the woodwork.

I would call Poe's law if it wasn't a giantbomb.com cultist. This is a very good example of the general user base over there.

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
eazeapeazea: It's because Abby is a woman, the haters come out of the woodwork.

I would call Poe's law if it wasn't a giantbomb.com cultist. This is a very good example of the general user base over there.
I've seen that guy around over the years. He's basically a core devotee or even sub leader to the cult.

We all throw around the term cult to describe what the GB fan base has become, and with merit I believe. I don't mean to be tin hat about it, but the psychology is fascinating. Look at some of the tenets of basic cult structure:
  • dependency - an intense desire to belong, stemming from a lack of self-confidence
  • unassertiveness - a reluctance to say no or question authority
  • gullibility - a tendency to believe what someone says without really thinking about it
  • low tolerance for uncertainty - a need to have any question answered immediately in black-and-white terms
  • disillusionment with the status quo - a feeling of marginalization within one's own culture and a desire to see that culture change
  • naive idealism - a blind belief that everyone is good
Induced Dependency - Cults demand absolute, unquestioning devotion, loyalty and submission. A cult member's sense of self is systematically destroyed. Ultimately, feelings of worthlessness and "evil" become associated with independence and critical thinking, and feelings of warmth and love become associated with unquestioning submission.
  • Any doubts, assertiveness or remaining ties to the outside world are punished by the group through criticism, guilt and alienation. Questions and doubts are systematically "turned around" so that the doubter feels wrong, worthless, "evil" for questioning. The member is loved again when he renounces those doubts and submits to the will of the leader.

Isolation - Cults cut off members from the outside world (and even each other) to produce intense introspection, confusion, loss of perspective and a distorted sense of reality. The members of the cult become the person's only social contact and feedback mechanism.
  • Cults may keep new recruits from talking to other new recruits. They may only be allowed to speak with long-committed members for a period of time.
  • Cults may not allow unsupervised contact with the "outside world." In this way, there is no chance for a "reality check" or validation of a new member's concerns regarding the group.
  • Cults typically instill the belief that "outsiders" (non-cult members) are dangerous and wrong.
Edit: Came across this infographic that I found interesting.

For reference:
Individual = GB fan base
Leader = Certain members of staff
Organization = GB as a company

Anywho, that's enough weird talk from me. It's just interesting to understand what may make people tick. Cheers.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Geez. Vinny looks like he should be teaching a high school biology class. I don’t watch their videos, so this came as a shock.

Also, lol at Abby having to get her face time at the end of a video that had nothing to do with her.

Again, who pays for this shit? Lmao.

Reactions: eot and donfonzie

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Geez. Vinny looks like he should be teaching a high school biology class. I don’t watch their videos, so this came as a shock.

Also, lol at Abby having to get her face time at the end of a video that had nothing to do with her.

90% of the people in this thread

• LOL
Reactions: Self High Five
Jul 7, 2019
This isn't a complaint about Giant Bomb really, but I was listening to the bombcast on the way home from work, and Brad mentioned he was playing games he couldn't talk about yet, including Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

WTF Square-enix? really. This game was originally supposed to come out on March 3, which would've been a perfect date for me, then it got delayed a month. A fair reason would be it needed some last minute work and polish and didn't want people to play it until it was perfect, but no...GB has it in their hands, and it's obviously playable. Early access for press bull shit, which is such a joke for a site like GB which might not even cover your game. So we got to wait an extra money to give them money to play it for no reason?

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
I would murder a man in front of his mother for a Vinny Jeff Persona 5 ER

I would shrug at them for Mass Alex 3?

I wouldn't mind Mike as a new East hire. I dunno if he would hop over from GS to GB though. What do you think?
Mahardy is alright. He's young enough to have energy and is quirky while having decently intelligent discussions. Him moving to GB would be like buying a first class ticket on the TItanic. Never gonna happen.

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
This isn't a complaint about Giant Bomb really, but I was listening to the bombcast on the way home from work, and Brad mentioned he was playing games he couldn't talk about yet, including Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

WTF Square-enix? really. This game was originally supposed to come out on March 3, which would've been a perfect date for me, then it got delayed a month. A fair reason would be it needed some last minute work and polish and didn't want people to play it until it was perfect, but no...GB has it in their hands, and it's obviously playable. Early access for press bull shit, which is such a joke for a site like GB which might not even cover your game. So we got to wait an extra money to give them money to play it for no reason?
It's just business related. A month push back puts Square just past the typical fiscal year into April, so I'm betting they expect this title to boost their earnings for the year.

Play Final Fantasy VI, it's a better game anyway.

Rei no Otaku

Jul 4, 2008
Cranston, RI
Looks like they started with Mass Effect 3, so that's something.

He's seriously going to save scum and bring Tali back. Live with your mistakes. It would have made it more interesting. Also there's nothing vague about that choice in ME2. You're asked to pick someone who can lead a squad, and he picked Samara if I remember correctly. You know, the loner who has such a rigid code that almost all sentient beings avoid her. You killed Tali, fucking deal with it.

• LOL
Reactions: VedderOA

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Wow they’re really gonna start ME3 with a premade save, ignoring all the decisions Commie Shitbag Navarro originally made? Way to kill the entire point of the fucking trilogy lmao

Man FUCK that place 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: BibleBLACKED

KingMoron

Dec 10, 2018
At least she warns all sane men to take a wide berth. That’s what that look does.

On the latest Bombcast:

Ben: “...having chill...”

Having chill...

He is expertly talented at finding new ways for me to hate him.

What the fuck kind of idiotic phrase is “having chill”? He must be retarded. Must be.
Bitch looks like a fucked up fry guy

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Anyone recall when Gabby was first hired, and she was a fairly decent, timid person on screen not disturbing the flow of her new workmates? Comparatively she behaved like she was on quaaludes and smoked a bowl. Meaning minimal shrieking, grandstanding and forceful injection of "IIII think for meeee". It's like she was totally having chill.

Then the thunder cunt showed her true self and the rest is history. It's said you can't put lipstick on a pig, but she sure as fuck proved the world wrong. Pretty sure she took makeup advice from toddler videos on youtube.

Last edited:

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Anyone recall when Gabby was first hired, and she was a fairly decent, timid person on screen not disturbing the flow of her new workmates? Comparatively she behaved like she was on quaaludes and smoked a bowl. Meaning minimal shrieking, grandstanding and forceful injection of "IIII think for meeee". It's like she was totally having chill.

Then the thunder cunt showed her true self and the rest is history. It's said you can't put lipstick on a pig, but she sure as fuck proved the world wrong. Pretty sure she took makeup advice from toddler videos on youtube.

Bro, go outside

• Triggered

nosockson

Neo Member
Jan 27, 2020
In case anyone was worried about a lack of Sims content in the future, we can now put your fears to rest. Abby said that the 100 baby challenge could take YEARS.

• Triggered
Reactions: Spring of Life

rofif

Sep 13, 2019

😃

Remember when Ken Levine stopped by to hang out? That was basically the last time these guys had any true big names in their studio.
That was a good time. They cared, they were professional but fun, Ryan is incredible, everyone is great... and seriously, I know people disliked Patrick but he was WAY better then than anyone is on the team right now. Think about that.
Anyway - I need to rewatch some of the older stuff. I liked gb for years and it was all I've watched. I miss the guys but there is no coming back it seems

Last edited:

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
That was a good time. They cared, they were professional but fun, Ryan is incredible, everyone is great... and seriously, I know people disliked Patrick but he was WAY better then than anyone is on the team right now. Think about that.
Anyway - I need to rewatch some of the older stuff. I liked gb for years and it was all I've watched. I miss the guys but there is no coming back it seems
I completely agree. Patrick was always able to talk about games well, it was only at the very end when he went full blown sjw that he became annoying. The whole site feels so much more "corporate" where they are pushing an agenda and have to do things a certain way, act a certain way and be fake. GB really is a totally different site now, and there is zero chance for it to return to the way it was.

It really reminds me at how Screwattack got bought out by RoosterTeeth and lost all sense of genuine fun and uniqueness. Even Craig up and left and started GameAttack, and that sadly is just now another scream and play to an audience of children and internet panhandle youtube channel.

Giant Bomb will continue and evolve for a while, I could see it lasting a few more years. But their core audience, the actual fans are getting more and more tired of them forgetting who really likes and supports them, and they are going after a much different demographic that will not stick around. The last few months I've been slowly backing away from Giant Bomb, focusing on branching out and trying to find other people who actually care about the games they play and the content they make. I still avoid Twitch like the plauge, but paying attention to more people who focus more on the history and influence of games as an artistic medium is much more enjoyable to me than just watching people play games.

My wife is super excited for the Mass Effect 3 playthrough though, and it's something we sit down and watch together. She was so excited to see the instagram post and as soon as abby showed up at the end she was like "oh come on! She just ruined the whole video!" That got a good laugh out of me. I'm glad she hates her too.

Reactions: Dross1984 and rofif

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
I enjoyed enough of their "premium" content to pay them $3 a month and I extended my subscription during the "sales". I didn't think they would totally collapse and die like they have done. If I could get a refund, I would.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Scopa

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I enjoyed enough of their "premium" content to pay them $3 a month and I extended my subscription during the "sales". I didn't think they would totally collapse and die like they have done. If I could get a refund, I would.
You could be feeding a child in a third world country with that money. Instead you are feeding a child in America. Lol.