• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

bender

Apr 12, 2010
Caught the beginning of one of Jason's at home videos. He seems like a very loving and sweet father.

Aug 24, 2012
Listening to GB talk over PS5 hardware spec stream and jesus christ can these chuckleheads at least pretend to give a shit instead of talking complete shit about nothing? The worst is when Ben tries to keep up with Vinny with his fucking "Huuurp duuuurp it funny cause talking about duh erm, duh erm... t-technonology! an duh erm big numbersz DURP DURP" so funny being too fucking dumb to understand your job.

And Alex and his whole "I wish I was dead" attitude. Yeah, we can't stand you either you miserable twat.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Aug 23, 2017
It may not be your sense of humor or type of game and that's fine, different strokes.

Also dont forget for Brad (and myself) DOOM is pure nostalgia, he grew up on the older games
Doom now is nothing like Doom of the 90's. Nostalgia has nothing to do with it. It's a fast-paced, visceral, fun shooter.

But that 'door labeled as needing a certain key' laugh made zero sense to me. Don't know why that was supposed to be funny.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
But that 'door labeled as needing a certain key' laugh made zero sense to me. Don't know why that was supposed to be funny.
That's the thing, It's not supposed to be funny. They are trying to push humor into something that isn't supposed to be funny at all. That's my big issue with Doom and GB's love for it. I don't mind the game (I think it's just as interesting as a call of duty, just tinted red and a bit faster paced), I think it's "fine" but when they continually act like it's some high-brow comedy... It just isn't. They are digging for a deeper meaning than there is.

• Love
Reactions: BibleBLACKED

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
I know this sounds petty as fuck but 95% of videos that have Ben in them are immediate non-starters for me no matter what they're about. I fucking cannot stand any part of him.
The worst part for me is that both coasts each have someone who ruins the content. How fucking cool wouldn't it have been if Ben and Abby were on the same coast, so you could just ignore them and listen/watch the other 50% of GB? The reality is, they split up to fuck up 100% of Giant Bomb.

Cheesewheel

Jun 16, 2013
The worst part for me is that both coasts each have someone who ruins the content. How fucking cool wouldn't it have been if Ben and Abby were on the same coast, so you could just ignore them and listen/watch the other 50% of GB? The reality is, they split up to fuck up 100% of Giant Bomb.
I feel like Abby will move on once she gets an opportunity to get out of GB whether its a writing or production gig.
As for Ben he will never quit. He's like 30? and I don't think he has a single employable skill or even a degree??

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I feel like Abby will move on once she gets an opportunity to get out of GB whether its a writing or production gig.
As for Ben he will never quit. He's like 30? and I don't think he has a single employable skill or even a degree??
I was dead set certain that Abby would be “poached” by Waypoint Vice Games because she fits their agenda of loudmouth screechers perfectly, but they have since become so unprofitable that they couldn’t even retain their original employees, so who knows.

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Couldn't help throwing some thoughts your way - diet is important to me, and I enjoy any chance offered to suggest a few things to get someone on their way to eating healthier/cheaper. I'm not a food snob or know it all, far from it. Just sharing a couple things I've learned over the years. It's lengthy, so feel free to ignore.

I was vegetarian for around 6 years, then started including seafood for a pescatarian diet, so somewhere around 20 years of a "special" diet. Now, thanks to getting older and the body breaking down docs have placed me on a 2g/day sodium restriction. Point is, even with those restrictions, cooking healthy, delicious cheap simple meals can be a snap. It helps if cooking becomes a hobby, or relaxing and fun rather than another chore to complete.

I can't pretend to know what all your family meal road blocks are etc. I too grew up in or near poverty till I was able to move out, and whatever slop the adult threw down on the table was the meal, period. A favorite over time was cut fried hot dogs and pasta sauce over egg noodles. Or canned chili and blue box mac and cheese. I don't know if it's possible, but if you're cooking, whoever is eating it can either deal, go hungry or make their own food. Works for parents, why not kids too? Perhaps they could learn to enjoy it if it's their only option. That's a tough one.

Couple of ideas you may or may not find useful:

Seasoning is your friend and spices are dirt cheap (buy from bulk stock - lots of stores have jugs of spices to take what you need, usually around the natural/health food section). Never get those horrendous little bottles. Utilize staples like garlic powder, onion powder, peppercorn, oregano, chili powder, paprika, cumin, rosemary etc. (Rosemary baked red potatoes anyone?)

If there's a prepared/packaged version of something, you can usually make it yourself healthier and cheaper. Even something like hummus - chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, olive oil and whatever else you want in there like roasted peppers. Can make pounds of the stuff for a fraction of the store bought. Ready to go in about 10 minutes - just blend it all together and enjoy.

Plan a menu for the week. Or at least pencil in ingredients and ideas. 15 minutes of planing up front saves stress and time scrambling to figure out what to make the day of. I've found it works for me thinking like I'm cooking for a week, not a day. If I think I'm going to cook X tomorrow, I can cook a little more, or use the leftover ingredients to feed into the next days meal.

Prepping as much as you can ahead of time is great for making lunches. If I'm going to be eating sandwiches for a couple days, I'll slice cucumber, pickles, cheese, lettuce etc and store so I can throw together lunch in no time at all.

Play the ethnicity menu game if stuck. This always worked when in the dating scene. Can't decide what to eat/cook? Run down major ethnic food groups - Italian, Thai, Chinese, Mexican, American (burgers etc). Gives you a place to start and thinking about what ingredients and dishes can be made.

Use online resources to their fullest extent. Allrecipes.com is a personal favorite. It's a user based repository of recipes, so nothing too fancy usually. TheKitchn.com is another great site with recipes, techniques, tips etc. Or the best site of them all, ThugKitchen.com - all vegan recipes that are seriously good and healthy (and humorous writing). The books are fantastic to have also.

Find recipes you enjoy and follow them - they practically cook themselves. Don't be afraid of substitutions or reductions. If something calls for 2tb of butter, use 1 - bet you'll never notice it's gone. I've substituted plenty of meat based dishes with fake meats, tofu etc to fantastic result.

Feel like pizza? Grab a package of lavish bread, naan, or a bag of ready to go fresh pizza dough, whatever you want up top and have at it. 10 minutes at 500 degrees F (depending) and you're far healthier, far cheaper than frozen or take out, plus ingredients leftover for another pie. Try bbq sauce as a base, leftover chicken breast, red onion. Or pineapple, pickled jalapeno and goat cheese. Or artichoke hearts, kalamata olives and tomatoes after bake for a Mediterranean flare.

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, go wander the isles for a bit - it's a fantastic store and prices can be very good, especially for cheeses. Nearly every one of their products has an ingredient list that is natural, short and readable. Their website has some simple recipes utilizing ingredients/products they stock.

Create a portfolio of dishes that suit your needs. Eventually you'll find your signature dish you can make while asleep.

Always use vegetables and find an excuse to add them to a dish. They are dirt cheap, easy to prepare and universal in application. Baked asparagus, broccoli, green beans. Frozen veg like corn, peas or cheap bags of blended veg are great too.

Substitute healthier options where you can. Spinach for lettuce (as you said), try a cauliflower mash rather than mashed potatoes. Whole/multi grain bread instead of white (little better for your and it has more flavor).

Don't be afraid of items like quinoa, couscous, lentils, flax seed, mustard greens, kale etc. Usually scorned by beefy boys for being dirty hippy food, they don't know what they're missing. Look online for recipes that are chock full of vitamins and flavor.

Incorporate yogurt and fruit salads for breakfast or even desert. Yogurt, especially Greek is a great source of protein, a giant bowl of fruit salad can be made for a couple of bucks. Add bulk granola to your yogurt. Some folks swear by oatmeal. Making your own out of steel cut oats is the way to go - one of the healthiest grains you can eat.

Large batch cooking can obviously feed several people for a week. Vegetable stew (add a cheap chuck roast for meat), chili, pasta, stir fry, Thai curries (pretty easy if you have the right ingredients), soups (vegetable, minestrone, split pea etc etc.) Stroganoff is a personal favorite, uses very basic ingredients, is fairly healthy if done right, and makes around 4-5 meals for cheap. Cook extra proteins for use in dishes the next day - leftovers are great and save time.

Slow cookers can be a fantastic $15-$20 addition to the kitchen. Prep all your stew veggies etc the night before, toss in the cooker pot , keep refrigerated, in the morning pull out, turn on low heat and by dinner time you're ready to go.

A big batch of tuna salad can make half a dozen sandwiches for a couple bucks. Canned tuna (great protein, low cal) reduced sodium in water, small amount of low/no fat mayo, diced celery, onion, celery seed, pepper, whatever, there's 100 ways to make it (try a bit of balsamic vinegar to tang things up). Lettuce, tomato, cheese on toasted bread, a dill pickle and a handful of crackers. Lunch for days. Try tuna salad on greens, or just eat it as is with crackers. Tuna melts are great too. I personally love it because it's so cheap and healthy for lunch.

The classic: Red beans and rice. Easy, cheap delicious. There are 100's of recipes out there on the internet, just don't forget your bell pepper, onion and tomato. Use leftovers in flour tortillas with a protein if wanted, cheese, sour cream, guac whatever you want for burritos. Prepare the burritos and lightly grill in a pan on the stove if you want a crispy tortilla. Maybe a cilantro lime rice side dish - rice, cilantro, lime easy as it sounds.

Try to stay aware of seasonal veggie and fruit offerings. Often stores will run sales on whatever is in season, and can help propel a meal idea. Squashes in autumn for example are cheap and versatile. Peaches, nectarines, summer seasonal fruit on sale is a great time to stock up. Late summer, grocers are nearly throwing ears of fresh corn at you for pennies. Husk, light coat of butter, dash of chili powder or paprika, pinch of salt, wrap in foil, bake and you're eating great for next to nothing.

Use your local grocery ads, and check their online sites for digital coupons loaded to your store saver card - the savings can really stack up.

Find an Asian market near you. They are typically cheap and house a wonder of staples and items to incorporate. Dried/fresh noodles, sauces, seafood, vegetables, dried fruits etc.

Have fun with salads. Try greens, walnuts, dried cranberry (maybe green apple too if you're feeling fun), Gorgonzola (or blue) cheese and a raspberry/pear vinaigrette. It's sweet, healthy and refreshing.

Buy store brands for nearly everything. Aside from some particular products, I really can't tell the difference, except that it's way cheaper than the name brand. Adds up quick.

Anything bottled, prepared, crackers, crisps etc get the no/low fat or low sodium version. Once someone weens themselves off the typical high sugar/salt/fat diet, I promise you'll never know the difference and probably even like the products better.

I know people that swear by an Instapot; I've used one a few times. They are actually quite fantastic in making healthy super easy and fast meals. There are tons of resources online for recipes and creative uses. Grab one on sale for cheap if it suits your fancy.

Identify a selection of dishes you enjoy from a restaurant and try making them yourself at home, but healthy. Say grilled/baked chicken breast, garlic asparagus and rice, a falafel pita, whatever.

As an idea exercise, break those ingredients to individual components and see what other dishes you can build from them. Example, take that same grilled chicken, slice it into strips, grill some pineapple rings (fresh is better of course), add rice and a simple side salad with radish and cucumber and a wasabi vinaigrette (soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, wasabi powder/paste), whip up a sauce (garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar etc) or use a cheater bottle of sauce (high in sodium) to top your chicken etc. In 25 minutes you have healthy chicken teriyaki that costs a fraction of take out. The leftover pineapple can be added to a fruit salad for desert or breakfast. The leftover pita can be lightly toasted or made into pita chips and used with the hummus you made two days earlier.

Use what you have and try to re purpose leftover ingredients into new dishes/snacks to save time and money.

Chicken breast, a homemade red sauce (tomato paste, sauce, crushed tomatoes, oregano whatever you want, costs next to nothing), throw that on top of some penne pasta add a side and blam, cheap tasty healthy.

Tilapia is a great cheap white fish (as you said), great for tacos. A stack of 50 corn tortillas can be had for a couple ducats, shredded cabbage, grilled zucchini, red onion, lime/lemon, fat free sour cream mixed with a chipotle salsa or adobo sauce from canned chipotles and you can make a dozen fish tacos for a couple bucks in 20 minutes. You mentioned fish being expensive, and while it can be, buying bulk frozen can save quite a bit. Try a local grocery outlet or the sort. I've picked up bags of frozen salmon, tilapia, shrimp for around 50-60% of the cost. Granted it's not the best quality, but prepared right it's good enough.

If seafood for others is absolutely off the menu, consider thawing out a chunk or two of fish ahead of time for yourself. Season, throw in the oven for 10 minutes at 375-400 degrees, jam a bunch of greens in a bowl for a salad and you have a meal for yourself prepared and cooked in 15 minutes, while you're preparing whatever else is demanded.

Give it some time, a bit of reading up, practice and there's no doubt you'll find a good balance of what you need of healthy, cheap, tasty, large enough for multiple folks. Even if you don't go whole hog on changing your diet, just cutting out boxed this, jarred that, full fat items and you're already on the way. I always keep a thing or two on hand I can just nuke or throw in the oven for when I just don't want to cook, and that's ok too.

One last thing, perhaps wearing headphones in the kitchen for music, or a show of your own could help make it a more peaceful process. I love having a podcast or show on in the background while cooking.

Good luck!
Jesus christ 🤣

May 22, 2019
Yeah, but if you're gonna eat unhealthy food hot pockets and frozen pizza? Really? That's some of the worst tasting shit out there. Go eat mcdonalds or some hot cheetos. These motherfuckers live in a city and can literally eat whatever they want and they choose the absolute shittiest frozen food.
LMAO!!

It's all chemical sludge that tastes like garbage. I can't believe you're judging these fatasses while suggesting equally shitty food because it tastes good to you. Says a lot about you, your diet, and your priorities.

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
People say that but but I don't get it. Why would anyone hire Abby Russell? What skills does she have? I feel like the "Abby Dearest" thing was a test to see if she had any fame and could move on. The test failed miserably.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
Why link to her videos? No one wants to see that trash here.

Also, video producer can't even get a single stream setup on her own and need her boss to continue to do her job. I've quit out of a few streams the last couple days when I here "Abby's coming up next!" only to find She couldn't get it working and I missed out on something else....

No one should hire her, but GB did... for some inexplicable reason....

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
LMAO!!

It's all chemical sludge that tastes like garbage. I can't believe you're judging these fatasses while suggesting equally shitty food because it tastes good to you. Says a lot about you, your diet, and your priorities.
Go eat your vegan chemical grown in a lab sludge. Doesn't change the fact that literally anything on this earth tastes better than frozen pizza and hot pockets. Get some fucking reading comprehension.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I find it very funny that Alex is still waiting for a cable he had the company order and deliver to his house so he can stream for work because he was too lazy and also too scared to walk down the block and buy one himself.

He also admitted he’s one of the idiots wearing surgical masks. I guarantee he’s one of these TP hoarder idiots, too.

Lol, brave comrade Alexei of the local NY branch Young Communists is a lazy and chicken shit capitalist pig!

Reactions: ElKabong

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
So, do you guys actually enjoy Giant Bomb or is this the thread where we just criticise everything they do because of the good old days?
It’s one of the last bastions of the internet where people can voice their honest opinions about Giant Bomb.

If someone just wants a heavily censored hugbox, there are many places to get that experience.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Fair enough!

Just always feels very negative, not denying your right to criticise whatsoever.
The minute they make a smart business decision and/or stop talking like a teenage Tumblrina, I’ll be the first to praise them.

Until then...they reap what they sow.

userwhatwhat

Neo Member
Jan 31, 2020
I find it very funny that Alex is still waiting for a cable he had the company order and deliver to his house so he can stream for work because he was too lazy and also too scared to walk down the block and buy one himself.

He also admitted he’s one of the idiots wearing surgical masks. I guarantee he’s one of these TP hoarder idiots, too.

Lol, brave comrade Alexei of the local NY branch Young Communists is a lazy and chicken shit capitalist pig!
NYC is in lockdown, and the residents are told not to go out.

Reactions: DangerStepp

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I do agree that the negative turns here really do drown out any of the positive comments really quickly, but the modern era of GB really doesn't have much to praise at all. Instead of them constantly berating their audience, and fear mongering everyone to think the end of the world is constantly happening, they themselves could really tweak a few things and bring the site back better than ever.

The last week and a half has been fairly decent all things considered. They actually have been doing something every day, and most members have been contributing at least something worthy of background noise. All though they still find excuses like Jeff posting how he "hasn't had time" to strip the audio out of the Aftermath podcast.... HOW?! They literally have nothing BUT time. Or the fact that even though they are being paid to "work" from home, most of the 9 don't stream every day... so now they they forced to be at home, not able to use "meetings" or have to deal with production issues or "setting up the studio" as an excuse, they still avoid work like the plague.

And they constantly are talking about how they have run out of ideas for streams and doing bottom of the barrel things, like Ben's build a model stream... Really? They can't think of any ideas of streaming video games? I myself have really been blasting through my backlog this last week and a half, all could have been streamable. Played through, Ori 1 & 2, Black Mesa, A Short Hike, and the PS1 Road Rash games. There is no short of ideas for content, they just can't help but try and make excuses for themselves. And most put in an hour or two of streaming per day... what else do they do for the other 6 hours they are being paid to sit around in their house?!

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
It has been obvious they don't work a 8 or 9 hour shift. WFH has just made it easier for them. On the latest Beastcast. Vinny even states he starts working around noon. Clip below - time stamp is around 2:15:40 if needed. Does that mean he's busy till 8-9pm? ha!

Rorie, being unfiltered as he is, has for years thrown out he often comes into the office around 10am on various content. Or the remarks that 9am is "super early". I'm all for having cheat days or a week where you can skimp on your hours, but to make it a norm for a business seems like suicide. Especially when aside from planning/logistics/management/team/one-on-one/whatever call in meetings, rarely playing a 50 hour game for review, your primary output is playing a video game. Throw in setup or production, even for home streaming and wow a packed day.

Good for them if they landed a gig that a 20-30 hour week is the norm and it works. But to say "we don't have time" seems awfully lame, unless there is some giant part of their day I can't think of. I've worked "IT" and management in "IT" for around 15 years and you bet your ass you get a lot done in 8 hours.

Whatever

Ogrebushi

Neo Member
Jun 3, 2019
To actually be positive on this thread for once. Last weeks beastcast wasnt too bad with jeff and jeff in and no abby (im not going near abby with streaming mic ohj boy)
This weeks bombcast ben wasnt too bad, maybe not being able to sit at the table and try and yuk it up to the people there curbed his attempts at bad jokes, also having to be more aware about'stomping' on others mics might have had em be a bit more reserved.
It actually got a reasonably loud laugh out of me hearing jeff's sarcasm about the quality of seagate harddrives (fuckyou seagate)

Jul 7, 2019
Oh look...Jeff played more Call of Duty today...what shocking and amazing new and never before seen content before -_-

I got real annoyed when the icon for the live-stream today was an image of Animal Crossing, and then I clicked on it to see him playing fucking Call of Duty.

Cheesewheel

Jun 16, 2013
I do agree that the negative turns here really do drown out any of the positive comments really quickly, but the modern era of GB really doesn't have much to praise at all. Instead of them constantly berating their audience, and fear mongering everyone to think the end of the world is constantly happening, they themselves could really tweak a few things and bring the site back better than ever.
Take the PS5 stream. They knew it was going to be a GDC presentation in the same vein as the Xbox tech reveal so they could have asked one of their numerous developer contacts to skype in and chat with them over it, or get Will Smith, or even do the bare minimum and get Brad...

The could have made an interesting mini event over it with literally zero effort.

But instead it's the first look at one of the new consoles they'll be using everyday for the next 8 odd years and the most insightful commentary they could come up with is 40 mins of wondering if the audience was real while ben screamed "i don't know what i'm looking at" into his mic over and over.

bender

Apr 12, 2010
Oh look...Jeff played more Call of Duty today...what shocking and amazing new and never before seen content before -_-

I got real annoyed when the icon for the live-stream today was an image of Animal Crossing, and then I clicked on it to see him playing fucking Call of Duty.
But Jeff gave Ben some vague advice about how a first time player should approach animal crossing. :p

I only watched it because it had Jeff and Vinny.

Watched the Doom Quicklook as well. Brad kind of struggled to commentate solo.

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
But Jeff gave Ben some vague advice about how a first time player should approach animal crossing. :p

I only watched it because it had Jeff and Vinny.

Watched the Doom Quicklook as well. Brad kind of struggled to commentate solo.
Brad got better the further the Video went on though, I'll give him that,

Reactions: bender
May 22, 2019
Go eat your vegan chemical grown in a lab sludge. Doesn't change the fact that literally anything on this earth tastes better than frozen pizza and hot pockets. Get some fucking reading comprehension.
LMAO!!

This is what's wrong with you fatasses. For some reason you think that eating like shit is manly. That having a pair of bitch tits means you have testosterone in your blood because eating healthy shit is for "soy boys."

If you're over 20 you shouldn't be eating McDonald's or any other fast food crap. You can have it once in a while, but you're talking about stocking up on that trash for the quarantine. It's time to be an adult.

These guys are eating like garbage and all you say is "the garbage they eat isn't yummy enough for my belly like flaming hot cheetos!! I want to die from diabetes."

Like I said, you have werid priorities and are seething way too much over the dumbest shit. For your own sake I hope you do a little self reflecting, hopefully while looking in a mirror to really motivate you. Good luck.

Sep 18, 2019
Upstate NY
I’ll be glad to watch all these streams they’re putting out for free. I’ve been using WiFi to play PS Now so I haven’t been able to watch at the same time, but I enjoyed the vids up to Jason’s first couple. It seems like it should be simple, they stream interesting stuff and be themselves. This pandemic has been a positive for them to actually do something like offering this output of content.
Like a lot of the comments point out, their product has just been lazy and dull in many regards. I like Vinny interacting with Jeff. But split up their separate teams are just lame. I wanted a place to keep up with current and also classic games with their insight and fun. Brad doesn’t seem to be towing the line. Ben is just a total dud, imo obviously. So him being around just really killed it for me. I can’t justify paying him for sucking. I may as well do something constructive, but I’m lazy so I moved on to other entertainment with my dollar. And the east coast just went full sjw. To put it very nicely, Abby needs to move on to comedy and entertainment where she can do her bullshit at her own expense.
It all just seems like crazy world to me. If they dump Ben and Abby and shore up the nonsense, it’d be an easy $5 a month from me.

eot

Apr 13, 2012
Vinny has an amazing ability to misremember games. I can't tell if he's trolling half the time. Listen to him describe the Gascoigne fight on Jan's stream lol

Rei no Otaku

Jul 4, 2008
Cranston, RI
Vinny has an amazing ability to misremember games. I can't tell if he's trolling half the time. Listen to him describe the Gascoigne fight on Jan's stream lol
His favorite games of all time are the Mass Effect games and watching Mass Alex you'd think he never played them before. Something is wrong with his memory.

eot

Apr 13, 2012
to be fair on him, I loved mass effect 1. Played it through like 6 or 7 times. I couldn’t tell you much about it from memory other than main plot.
ME1 is kinda sparse outside the main plot though, there's some world building like name dropping the Shadow Broker, and character specific missions like killing a criminal that Garrus didn't catch, but they're forgettable.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I've been going through Black Mesa after not touching it since it went into early access back in 2015 , Played through all the half life games, except for the first one. My PC wasn't able to handle it back in 98. I'm enjoying it so far, but I just kinda want to finish it so I can get right into Alyx. I loaded up GB and Jeff's playing Alyx, I hate that Twitch doesn't allow you to scrub through streams to start at the beginning.

eot

Apr 13, 2012
I've been going through Black Mesa after not touching it since it went into early access back in 2015 , Played through all the half life games, except for the first one. My PC wasn't able to handle it back in 98. I'm enjoying it so far, but I just kinda want to finish it so I can get right into Alyx. I loaded up GB and Jeff's playing Alyx, I hate that Twitch doesn't allow you to scrub through streams to start at the beginning.
Heresy, play the first one dude. The remake is impressive, but it's not the same thing.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
Heresy, play the first one dude. The remake is impressive, but it's not the same thing.
I played through about half way through the first game back in like 2011, and just am enjoying the remake just fine. At this point it's easier to finish up Black Mesa instead of starting up the original again. I also don't really care about Half-Life THAT much anyways, so I doubt I'll be missing much by just playing Black Mesa instead, it seems fairly accurate

Last edited: