• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

HotPocket69

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
I'm all for women not being raped and men who do rape to get punished severely but there is something incredibly unsettling to me about someone sharing their dirty knickers on fucking twitter.
It usually means it didn’t happen or is being greatly exaggerated.

Hey, before I go talk to someone serious about this, I gotta score my social media sympathy points and get as much attention as possible.

bender

Apr 12, 2010
Very true. It is not a matter of Abby and Ben being shit hires. Entire GB crew is just a shell of their former self and I see no future for the site.
The semi-good news is that the launch of new hardware typically re-energizes Jeff and Brad.

Aug 30, 2018
That just sounds like a bad relationship; I drop a girl if she cheats even once. You're not an adult if you can't keep your hands to yourself and your clothes on. Why stay with someone who cheats??
Emotionally abused? I could see it, but it could also just be a shitty relationship; I've been in one, and aws a complete ass hole
Gas lighting? In the way people use it, it implies a shit ton more than the actual standards

Am I saying it didn't happen? Not at all; give me story and proof.

A cheating ass hole doesn't deserve to lose their job; if it was more, sure, bring it to the table

"Here let me post my story about my bad (Possibly abusive) relationship...."
"OKAY, IT'S BEEN 2 DAYS, YOU GUYS MOVE SO QUICKLY FOR EVERYONE ELSE, WHAT ABOUT ME?!"

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
It usually means it didn’t happen or is being greatly exaggerated.

Hey, before I go talk to someone serious about this, I gotta score my social media sympathy points and get as much attention as possible.
And it makes sense nowadays. Twitter is the new People’s Court. It’s judge, jury and executioner and EVERYONE can have their say. When you wanna say “fuck due process” head to Twitter for your case.

Shantae

Gold Member
Jul 7, 2019
And it makes sense nowadays. Twitter is the new People’s Court. It’s judge, jury and executioner and EVERYONE can have their say. When you wanna say “fuck due process” head to Twitter for your case.
Unless you're a white male, then no one gives a fuck what your problems are because you have been living with "white privilege" and "male privilege" all your life, so just drop dead already so minorities can have your job.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: HotPocket69

bender

Apr 12, 2010
Aside from Austin, GiantBomb alumni have been pretty immune to these waves of accusation.

bender

Apr 12, 2010
Not their interns.

Also, which Austin? Haven't heard that.
Which interns?

There were rumors about Austin burying sexual misconduct of a podcast co-host that the worked on prior to his tenure at GiantBomb.

bender

Apr 12, 2010
Weren't those accusations about Max disproven? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that blew over because it was bogus. Now Jeff is apologizing for, what, knowing a dude who had allegations against him? Really?
New racism/sexist accusations have been in the news of late related to Max Temkin.

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
New racism/sexist accusations have been in the news of late related to Max Temkin.
Do you know exactly what he was supposed to have done?

I'm watching the latest Bombcast, and their tripping over themselves to virtue signal about how all these accusations are disgusting, and I guess innocent until proven guilty is just gone now. All these accusations going on in the games and wrestling industries could be true, but everybody seems to want to be the quickest on the dogpile going on right now.

bender

Apr 12, 2010
Do you know exactly what he was supposed to have done?

I'm watching the latest Bombcast, and their tripping over themselves to virtue signal about how all these accusations are disgusting, and I guess innocent until proven guilty is just gone now. All these accusations going on in the games and wrestling industries could be true, but everybody seems to want to be the quickest on the dogpile going on right now.

Too often sexual allegation and other misconduct had been swept under the rug through terminations or buyouts, but I do agree that the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction.

Last edited:

IDappa

Neo Member
Nov 20, 2018
These guys pussy footing around trying their hardest to appease the children of Twitter. The main point I learnt from the latest podcast was that there are no other ways to hold the accused accountable "cough" the authorities "cough" the only way we can get revengE, I mean justice is to call them out on twitter!!..

These people who are supposedly progressive make me feel like I am the last sane adult in a child run world.. I feel like I'm going crazy.. The people who dress up as horses and goats eating grass while salivating over underage big titty waifu furry fake females are trying to tell everyone else that their Morales should be the norm.

Last vent, but after all I have read in the past few me too movements and especially this latest one is that none of the accusers will take responsibility for their own actions. "I didn't call or text anybody for 5 hours because he asked me to be respectful!!!!", " He got me blackout drunk!! I couldn't say no to all the free alcoholic beverages and it's all his fault".

I'm going insane reading these types of people's opinions line and I can't get away from them. Where did all of the normal people go?.

Sorry for the vent latest...

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
These guys pussy footing around trying their hardest to appease the children of Twitter. The main point I learnt from the latest podcast was that there are no other ways to hold the accused accountable "cough" the authorities "cough" the only way we can get revengE, I mean justice is to call them out on twitter!!..

These people who are supposedly progressive make me feel like I am the last sane adult in a child run world.. I feel like I'm going crazy.. The people who dress up as horses and goats eating grass while salivating over underage big titty waifu furry fake females are trying to tell everyone else that their Morales should be the norm.

Last vent, but after all I have read in the past few me too movements and especially this latest one is that none of the accusers will take responsibility for their own actions. "I didn't call or text anybody for 5 hours because he asked me to be respectful!!!!", " He got me blackout drunk!! I couldn't say no to all the free alcoholic beverages and it's all his fault".

I'm going insane reading these types of people's opinions line and I can't get away from them. Where did all of the normal people go?.

Sorry for the vent latest...
As a longtime liberal, your post kind of sums it up for me. Lol. Some of these so called progressives, many from a forum I won't mention, literally want to fuck kids and kill cops. But god forbid some extremely middle of the road guy like Gerstmann played cards with someone who was awful five years ago, like he could even know.

While were on the topic, way back around 2008 I stopped trusting any of those Penny Arcade dudes. Especially "Gabe" (whatever his real name is). They came off as real scum bags.

IDappa

Neo Member
Nov 20, 2018
As a longtime liberal, your post kind of sums it up for me. Lol. Some of these so called progressives, many from a forum I won't mention, literally want to fuck kids and kill cops. But god forbid some extremely middle of the road guy like Gerstmann played cards with someone who was awful five years ago, like he could even know.

While were on the topic, way back around 2008 I stopped trusting any of those Penny Arcade dudes. Especially "Gabe" (whatever his real name is). They came off as real scum bags.
To be honest I don't really think they know what to be angry at. Each day there's another trivial thing thats been made a huge problem.

People need to take responsibility for their own decisions in life. Attempting to ruin people's lives because of your stupid decision or because you want internet fame is not right.

DangerStepp

Sep 14, 2007
I was curious too and found this:

It just happened. But who really cares about Pascual anyway?
Can we break down 'emotional abuse', 'gaslit' and 'cheating'?

Couldn't one action cause the other? Has she been locked up in Pascual's sex dungeon for a week going unfed or he catted around (cheated), lied about it (gaslit) and she understandably was upset (emotional abuse?).

The gussied up words people use in lieu of just telling it like it is gooses the story to be something more than it is and looks ridiculous and I can't help but not care. There are people with bigger problems than this.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
They're all white men. They know if they even get out of line in the slightest, it's the cancel button for them.
I’m just saying between the leaks and the fact the game has been out for almost a week already, everyone and their mother already pretty much knows about the Kojima twist and major death. Statute of limitations is up. Fucking discuss it.

Cheesewheel

Jun 16, 2013
To be honest I don't really think they know what to be angry at. Each day there's another trivial thing thats been made a huge problem.
In the past they would put out 1 statement or make one podcast comment on a controversial topic and be done with it.
Now they're turning their brand into some "games + social/political commentary" amalgam and its infesting their site, podcasts, videos, forums and social media.

uhhh max who, nope never heard of him, nope nope

Absolutely zero communication in regards to the state & direction of the website, but they'll immediately provide transparency on topics that they can virtue signal on.

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
. But god forbid some extremely middle of the road guy like Gerstmann played cards with someone who was awful five years ago, like he could even know.
I completely agree, but that’s not the rational question that they would pose to someone else in the hot seat, so fuck em. They can eat their own.

They’d also crucify someone else for this answer. It’s his website, he doesn’t get to claim ignorance of what was going on and then pin it on the one guy who can’t answer.

And again to be clear - I don’t think GB has anything to apologize for. But if they were reading some of their statements/apologies on the Bombcast from another website, they’d be scoffing and rolling their eyes at the lack of accountability and out for blood.

Reactions: JovianLizards

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019

Too often sexual allegation and other misconduct had been swept under the rug through terminations or buyouts, but I do agree that the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction.
Thanks for linking me that story. Call me a horrible person, but I don't see what the fuss is about Max. It's all just accusations anyway.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I’m just saying between the leaks and the fact the game has been out for almost a week already, everyone and their mother already pretty much knows about the Kojima twist and major death. Statute of limitations is up. Fucking discuss it.
I haven't played it, and I didn't know that, as I was waiting till I had some time later this week to get to it. I avoided all the leaks and discussion until just now... thanks.

A game being out a five days doesn't mean that statue of limitations is up. People have real jobs where they can't play games every day or even on the weekends. You have to give it time for a majority of people to finish a 20-30 hour game.

Also, remember Giant Bomb, a website covering video games has staff who live in the only two cities in America, everything in between and up and down don't actually exist and America is just a big void other than San Francisco and New York. So they don't have time to do their jobs, because the news told them to be afraid of going outside and seeing sunlight, and that the world is ending on a daily basis. They can't play one of the only big video games coming out this year as they are in too fragile state of mind to do their jobs. Even if they are forced to stay home and can't go anywhere, they need to find some excuse not to do an hour of work for a few days of work they have because someone they once knew may or may not have done something bad.

I'm so much better off removing Giant Bomb from my life. Sadly it isn't a cold turkey thing, I still listen to the podcasts when I'm commuting to work, or throw on GB infinite on in the background and I do stuff, and my wife loves watching Mass Effect.... but just getting further away from them as the largest gaming site I spend my time with has been so freeing.

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
In the past they would put out 1 statement or make one podcast comment on a controversial topic and be done with it.
Now they're turning their brand into some "games + social/political commentary" amalgam and its infesting their site, podcasts, videos, forums and social media.

Absolutely zero communication in regards to the state & direction of the website, but they'll immediately provide transparency on topics that they can virtue signal on.
Brad specifically says in this latest Bombcast that they want to be that kind of website and it made me throw up all over my screen.

I cant wait to see the Beastcast coming up, it's gonna be a hoot an' a holler.

• Triggered
Reactions: Drunkenski

Xyrmellon

Mar 30, 2010
Florida
I don't have the desire or energy to go look it up, but I do seem to recall that Ryan was the primary buddy of Temkin/CAH guys.

bearofparadise

Neo Member
Jun 11, 2020
I miss the days of Jeff and Ryan would read nintendo digital releases. Vinny leaving GB west was the beginning of the end for me. I guess considering their age and forced to deal with this tabloid drama really takes a toll on your psyche. I just consider myself lucky that I can enjoy videogames as a hobby, and not be forced to produce content from your teet like all these content producers.

DangerStepp

Sep 14, 2007
Help me out here please, someone: How does the misconduct of some pervert(s) in the game industry lead to Giant Bomb apologizing with hat-in-hand over their past use of alcohol?

Apparently partying is now looked down on and whoever has or will participate in said partying should be ashamed?

That's the message I got out of the most recent Bombcast though I shouldn't be surprised as the overall tone of GB the last few years has devolved into avoiding fun at any cost.

Last edited:

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
Giant Bomb changed demographics, they only care about whatever they need to, to stay afloat. If that means getting into "politics" and social justice, then so be it. Whatever they have to cover and feign outrage at to make their subscribers stay, so they can keep their 10-3pm 4 day a week jobs, then they will pander to whoever they need to. I'd be surprised if Giant Bomb stays with video games in another year or so. I'm pretty sure they will cover the election more than they do Cyberpunk 2077. Mark my words. They should just start the rebrand to "Ourskincolormakesushumangarbage.com/wedidn'tdoanythingbutwearesorryanyways"

Jmarshall

Mar 28, 2018
I was really surprised that Jeff as man in his 40's is still naive enough to think that sexual dynamics are because someone was bullied at school.

Men like women, when they gain status or wealth they are instantly more interesting to women. This is going to lead to situations where people misjudge the situation.

Greedings

May 23, 2016
I feel like practically all media is going in that direction. So sick of politics infiltrating everything.

Aug 11, 2019
Brad specifically says in this latest Bombcast that they want to be that kind of website and it made me throw up all over my screen.

I cant wait to see the Beastcast coming up, it's gonna be a hoot an' a holler.
That's lame. Is this on the newest episode? I haven't tuned into a bombcast for a while I kinda want to hear this.

This is the kind of stuff that just turns me off completely. Nowadays damn near every form of entertainment has to put their 2 cents in. I miss the days of when I could get away from all the politics and crazy shit of the world by going to a games site or listening to a podcast. It really started to seep into everything during and after the last election and its gotten exponentially worse since.

I haven't listened to their podcast in probably a year but I saw one of the guys from kinda funny recently tweet about how he essentially doesn't want any trump supporters to be fans of kf. I assume this kind of stuff has spilled over to their podcast, I could be wrong, but that shit just annoys me. I don't even like trump - dude just chill with the virtue signalling

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
Help me out here please, someone: How does the misconduct of some pervert(s) in the game industry lead to Giant Bomb apologizing with hat-in-hand over their past use of alcohol?

Apparently partying is now looked down on and whoever has or will participate in said partying should be ashamed?
Brad is pretty specific that they aren’t trying to shit on party culture.
Agree with your first point tho. Jeff talks about how he just doesn’t drink with this job anymore, and then goes on to rattle off a list of situations where he drinks for this job. Hell Giant Bomb has a segment about drinking and watching movies. Shit is dumb.

Reactions: DangerStepp

DangerStepp

Sep 14, 2007
Brad is pretty specific that they aren’t trying to shit on party culture.
Agree with your first point tho. Jeff talks about how he just doesn’t drink with this job anymore, and then goes on to rattle off a list of situations where he drinks for this job. Hell Giant Bomb has a segment about drinking and watching movies. Shit is dumb.
Thanks for pointing that out.

R.I.P. Film & 40s

Harts316

Neo Member
Jun 11, 2020
Giant Bomb changed demographics, they only care about whatever they need to, to stay afloat. If that means getting into "politics" and social justice, then so be it. Whatever they have to cover and feign outrage at to make their subscribers stay, so they can keep their 10-3pm 4 day a week jobs, then they will pander to whoever they need to. I'd be surprised if Giant Bomb stays with video games in another year or so. I'm pretty sure they will cover the election more than they do Cyberpunk 2077. Mark my words. They should just start the rebrand to "Ourskincolormakesushumangarbage.com/wedidn'tdoanythingbutwearesorryanyways"
They are playing to their audience. I guess the younger demographic which buys into this stuff now outnumbers the people that are tired of all of this. If they were losing their audience as a result of this, I can't imagine CBS allowing it to continue.

The most discouraging aspect of all this: It is clear that that there is money to be made by capitalizing on the outrage. If there wasn't, we wouldn't be seeing what are essentially corporate sponsored protests. The fact that people are not seeing through this is mind-boggling.

What's disappointing to me is that I want to detach myself from all of this, however it is impossible to do so because it is integrated into everything that interests me.

Shantae

Gold Member
Jul 7, 2019
I completely agree, but that’s not the rational question that they would pose to someone else in the hot seat, so fuck em. They can eat their own.

They’d also crucify someone else for this answer. It’s his website, he doesn’t get to claim ignorance of what was going on and then pin it on the one guy who can’t answer.

And again to be clear - I don’t think GB has anything to apologize for. But if they were reading some of their statements/apologies on the Bombcast from another website, they’d be scoffing and rolling their eyes at the lack of accountability and out for blood.
Jesus Christ. Am I crazy or does this sound like he’s throwing Ryan under the bus? So yeah, because Ryan isn’t alive anymore to join the woke crowd, it’s okay to talk shit about his past associations because he didn’t know any better, is that it?

I just fucking can’t anymore. I don’t even want to watch old content from these people anymore. Fuck you Jeff. I thought being lazy was his worst offense, but mother fucker has no brain.

Last edited:

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
That's lame. Is this on the newest episode? I haven't tuned into a bombcast for a while I kinda want to hear this.

This is the kind of stuff that just turns me off completely. Nowadays damn near every form of entertainment has to put their 2 cents in. I miss the days of when I could get away from all the politics and crazy shit of the world by going to a games site or listening to a podcast. It really started to seep into everything during and after the last election and its gotten exponentially worse since.

I haven't listened to their podcast in probably a year but I saw one of the guys from kinda funny recently tweet about how he essentially doesn't want any trump supporters to be fans of kf. I assume this kind of stuff has spilled over to their podcast, I could be wrong, but that shit just annoys me. I don't even like trump - dude just chill with the virtue signalling
Yeah, give the latest (6/23) Bombcast a listen. For like the first half hour they virtue signal. Rorie even posted a trigger warning on the Youtube video because they talk about sexual abuse stuff, which is pretty funny.

brap

Jan 9, 2018
I was really surprised that Jeff as man in his 40's is still naive enough to think that sexual dynamics are because someone was bullied at school.

Men like women, when they gain status or wealth they are instantly more interesting to women. This is going to lead to situations where people misjudge the situation.
Are you really? Jeff talks and acts like a teenage girl. Has for years.

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Thankfully I found the solution to all this, in a Youtube comment no less:

"Andrew 14 hours ago (edited)
Dear Giant Bomb, here is at least part of the solution for you: hire more women. Why is it that three dudes talking about it? Yes, sure, you can’t just go and fix the whole game industry, but you can start with yourself. Abby alone is such a great addition to the team and brings so much to everything you do, including serious discussions like this.
"

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Last edited:

brap

Jan 9, 2018
Thankfully I found the solution to all this, in a Youtube comment no less:

"Andrew 14 hours ago (edited)
Dear Giant Bomb, here is at least part of the solution for you: hire more women. Why is it that three dudes talking about it? Yes, sure, you can’t just go and fix the whole game industry, but you can start with yourself. Abby alone is such a great addition to the team and brings so much to everything you do, including serious discussions like this.
"

I couldn't have put it better myself.
Somebody should reply yeah hire mary kish shes hot as fuck.