• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the 28th OT hastefully rushed with much love! I am not an artist.

qmNAEhd.png

Jeff: The Hype man. He grunts and he loves video games.
Rorie:The hidden hand behind all transactions
Jason: Video guy for the west coast!
Drew:He has beautiful hair and is the coolest
Vinny:He's the dad of GBEast. Keeps the family together
Alex: A dead pan fellow who is sardonically the greatest.
Dan: From the West coast to the East coast, he shakes up the offices!
Brad: He's the sinew that keeps everything together

Thanks to Anjin for allowing me to "Borrow" this:
HERE'S WHAT'S BLOWING UP RIGHT NOW:

Free Video Series:
  • Quick Look - The guys jump into a new release and give it a whirl for about 40 minutes or so. Unedited, no bullshit - your Giant Bomb meat 'n' potatoes.
  • Unfinished - Basically Quick Looks of unreleased games. It can be games in Early Access, or other forms of pre-release builds of games.
  • Ranking of Fighters - Jeff and Jason play different fighting games and rank them in a VERY SCIENTIFIC WAY. Right now Samurai Shodown 2 is the best fighting game of all time. This show is part of the rotating schedule of live shows every Wednesday.
  • The Old Games Show - Jeff, Brad and other staff members play old games and talk about them. This show is part of the rotating schedule of live shows every Wednesday.
  • Encyclopedia Bombastica - Quick Looks for older games, basically. Generally comes with more of an "in the know" feel.
  • Giant Bomb Mailbag - The crew opens mailbags from the community. Don't just send them your trash, put some effort into it!
  • Choose Our Own Adventure - The GBEast team opens up their livestream to a popular vote. If the game is good enough, maybe it will graduate to a GBE Playdate and the premium paywall.
  • Kerbal: Project B.E.A.S.T - Vinny is going to land a Kerbal on the mun, even if that Kerbal has to climb a tower of corpses to do so.
  • Best of Giant Bomb - TurboMan/xpantherx brings his fantastic "Best Of" Giant Bomb videos to the site that inspires them.
  • Game Tapes Raw - A massive archival project to save old video game press footage in high quality format. A free addendum to the premium Game Tapes series.
  • Matthew Rorie Streams WoW - Not an official Giant Bomb series, Rorie has been streaming a World of Warcraft retrospective on his YouTube channel.

Premium Video Series:
  • Unprofessional Friday - Premium member exclusive show. Just 2 hours of whatever nonsense the crew feel like showing off. Giant Bomb at its most chaotic.
  • Demo Derby - Dan, Drew and Jeff look at old Demo Discs across multiple platforms in this feature. Some times we get to see demos of good old classic games and other times we get to see demos of the worst games ever made.
  • Metal Gear Scanlon - Drew is on a mission to play through all numbered MGS games as he has never played them before. Local MGS nut Dan Ryckert tries to help/troll Drew throughout the playthrough.
  • VinnyVania - Vinny is playing through every console 2D Castlevania game, and maybe some more?
  • Breaking Brad - Brad plays particularly difficult games and challenges in games. Will he conquer it, or will it break him?
  • GBE Playdate - Vinny, Alex and Austin play 2-ish hours of a game, either as a one-off thing or as a series for one particular game.
  • Mario Party Party - The Gang play 50 fucking turns of every single numbered Mario Party game. NOBODY WINS.
  • Jar Time - Jeff answers questions from the community into a microphone.
  • Unplugged - The gang plays various DnD games, and Avalon.
  • Game Tapes - The GB Prime team watch old footage and comment over it. Sort of like E3, but all historical like.

Free Podcasts:
  • The Giant Bombcast - Up every Tuesday, with an accompanying thread popping up here on GAF near enough on the dot.
  • The Giant Beastcast - Giant Bomb's second flagship podcast, with Vinny, Alex and Austin as regulars and JEFF SPEKTAKULAR in the rotating fourth chair. Like with the Bombcast, every episode gets its own thread here on GAF.
  • Giant Bomb Presents - Previously Interview Dumptruck. It's the podcast feed where they can post whatever doesn't fit in the other podcasts. It's probably still gonna be mainly the GB crew interviewing a wide range of people from the industry and gaming community, and posting the mostly raw audio straight to the site.
  • Giant Bomb Gaming Minute - One minute news, reviews, and commentary produced for radio, Jeff puts these on the site in podcast format because why not?
  • Alt+F1 - Previously a premium podcast but now free, Drew and Danny discuss Formula 1 and a lot of random shit.

Premium Podcasts:
  • Danswers - Danny & Dan with a wide array of guests discuss and danswer the listeners' personal questions.
  • The Powerbombcast - Alex, Jeff, Dan, Giancarlo Varanini and guests discuss the latest happenings in the world of professional wrestling.
  • Also available are ad-free versions of The Giant Bombcast and The Giant Beastcast for subscribers only.

And the newest member of the family-Film and 40's from the Eastcoast-
The Fast And Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast and Furious
Fast Five
Fast and Furious 6
Furious 7

Remember: It's about the GB family.

Jintor

man i kinda want to get back to my persona 5 splash screen versions for the duders, except i'm too busy actually playing persona 5 to do it

tumblr_oe1gl2P4rz1rnx5rho1_400.png

Twin Tails

Pay The Dark Price is from a Yakuza 0 sidequest and is also a running joke on Team Beast now. It also gets involved with the poo emoji hat at times.

Hearing Vinny, Alex, and Dan cry at the end of Furious 7, I now want them to watch Hachi, and be too emotionally wrecked to go to work for a week. That movie pretty much murdered me, and I usually never get teary eyed at films.

Mr. F

Banned
I feel left out for not choosing a vaguely Japanese sounding name for my persona MC.

also hey thisssgameisdoooope

Edit; yay thread

daveo42

Banned
Missed the end of the old thread but awake fucking late to see the birth of a new one. I played Persona 5 for close to 12 hours today.

Just finished the Battlegrounds Unfinished, and I gotta say - I'd absolutely be down for more. I don't know if there's a tin more depth to the game itself, but the tension seems pretty fantastic. A livestream series where Vinny tries to be the last man standing would be some good content.

That said, that video desperately made me want one of those Battle Royale games done in an engine that isn't clunky as hell.

Zaph

"boy" is the title of a gb thread... i hoped i'd never see the day. smh

gj Breezy. Looks like nobody wants to make these things any more

Jintor

i just realised Alex dropped an Airplane quote halfway through the battlegrounds stream and I cracked up at his delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom