• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

NEW THREAD SMELL

Lets try not to stink it up, yea?

cp6G5dn.gif

Ashby

That crew pick is all kinds of fly.

Hats off to Kessler for being so direct about things.
I need this from Ben if I'm being honest. The dude seems awfully tight with Nick. I sympathize with a close friend ending up being a scumbag but you got to cut ties with people like that.

GB's XCOM feature needs to fix its name.

This is X-COM:

Designed by Julian Gollop, released in 1994.

This is XCOM:

Designed by Jake Solomon, released in 2012.

Choose one, and stay consistent.

I know Nick appears to have been a massive prick but hopefully his friends can help him understand why and help him change, that's what I'd try to do if one of my best friends fucked up bad.

Maybe that's what Ben is doing and maybe he doesn't need to publicly disown him for the 'need' of his Giant Bomb audience who know nothing about the situation.

BearPawB

Banned
I need this from Ben if I'm being honest. The dude seems awfully tight with Nick. I sympathize with a close friend ending up being a scumbag but you got to cut ties with people like that.

*edit: Massive said what I was trying to say better than I did

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I know Nick appears to have been a massive prick but hopefully his friends can help him understand why and help him change, that's what I'd try to do if one of my best friends fucked up bad.

Maybe that's what Ben is doing and maybe he doesn't need to publicly disown him for the 'need' of his Giant Bomb audience who know nothing about the situation.
I agree with this 100%

Well said and I agree.

fuck this shit very hard

it's 2017, no one should need to be sat down and calmly explained why it's a bad thing to creep on women

I mean I'm not going to be repping him hard or anything, but if I was his best friend, I'd at least want to talk to him before going "FUCK NICK ROBINSON" on Twitter for a NeoGAF thread.

People fuck up in a multitude of complicated ways, even in 2017. Maybe he doesn't learn, maybe he is not self aware, in that case fuck him as a friend right?

All I'm saying is that trying to dictate the response of Ben Pack with regards to one of his good friends is a bad thing.

imBask

Banned
Ben is screwed in this thread no matter what he says on the subject unless he violently throws his friend under the bus which any normal person wouldn't do to any close friend no matter what, so i'd rather have him remain silent and take care of whatever's going on outside of social media

I see where you're coming from, but I think the benefit is more for the people Nick has hurt rather than the GB audience. I do think that if I were in Ben's shoes I'd try to talk to Nick (not necessarily for his 'side of the story', but just to make things clear) and ask for advice from Jeff & co first.

As me, the GB fan, I do hope pure silence isn't what we get. I'd rather not have a lingering doubt about Ben for the rest of time.

Ashby

What the fuck is this? Fuck Nick Robinson, fuck anyone who sexually harasses people and fuck anyone who gives them any quarter.

Ben is screwed in this thread no matter what he says on the subject unless he violently throws his friend under the bus which any normal person wouldn't do to any close friend no matter what, so i'd rather have him remain silent and take care of whatever's going on outside of social media

Too late.

daveo42

Banned
I mean I'm not going to be repping him hard or anything, but if I was his best friend, I'd at least want to talk to him before going "FUCK NICK ROBINSON" on Twitter for a NeoGAF thread.

People fuck up in a multitude of complicated ways, even in 2017. Maybe he doesn't learn, maybe he is not self aware, in that case fuck him as a friend right?

All I'm saying is that trying to dictate the response of Ben Pack with regards to one of his good friends is a bad thing.

This highlights very well the difference in how you deal with someone you truly consider a friend vs someone you only know through a website on the internet.

Ben can do what he likes because he probably understands the situation at hand far better than anyone in this thread including myself and also knows the nature of his friendship with the person at the centre of it.

If he wants to throw his friend under the bus then he probably deserves it. If he doesn't, there are probably good reasons.

Ashby

The correct and only response to finding out your best friend sexually harasses people is to throw them under the bus. This being up for debate is ridiculous. Put your self in the shoes of his victims.

kiguel182

I think the fact that Nick is an influential person makes it different from an unknown doing it. I think a public statement makes sense. Not for us but for the victims.

I don't know their friendship and I'm not blaming Ben of anything. I can see how this is a shitty situation for his friends but the victims can't be forgotten.

As far as I'm concerned, fuck Nick Robinson.

Lari

Yay this time it didn't take me like a month to realize there was a new thread!

Also hyped for blue bombin', is it possible he finishes the game today?

What the fuck is this? Fuck Nick Robinson, fuck anyone who sexually harasses people and fuck anyone who gives them any quarter.

At no point did I say it was out of order to say fuck Nick Robinson.

Fuck Nick Robinson.

Nobody is apologising for him or giving him quarter and fuck you and others in this thread for insinuating I am.

I'm out. This thread is fucked.

LiK

"Vinny, you're my dad!" - Abby

Haha, I'll never get tired of Vinny feeling weird when Abby says that.

I think the scariest thing about all of this is that if Overcooked on Switch was a fantastic port, we wouldn't have found out about anything.
Yay this time it didn't take me like a month to realize there was a new thread!

Also hyped for blue bombin', is it possible he finishes the game today?

Very possible.

This is very disappointing to hear and I feel terrible for everyone who may have been affected by it. I do enjoy podburglars, but I I think it would be a good idea to just end that podcast completely after this.

All you really need to say. He gets jumped on for a lot of other stuff as it is, and now this is "on" him too.

Ashby

All you really need to say. He gets jumped on for a lot of other stuff as it is, and now this is "on" him too.
It's not "on" him unless he tries to keep a piece of shit in his life. I'm assuming Ben didn't know about any of this and I feel for him.

Top Bottom