• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

IIRC there's an Australian accent in XCOM 2, Abby!
None of them have even played Enemy Within?

Welp, hopefully it lasts long enough to get to the
base invasion mission.

Because I'm guessing it won't last much longer after that...

I foresee them wiping on there at the latest. It's a tough mission for the unprepared, and the new EW units will make sure they aren't.

None of them have even played Enemy Within?

Welp, hopefully it lasts long enough to get to the
base invasion mission.

Because I'm guessing it won't last much longer after that...

To be honest, I'll be surprised if they even make it to and past the
mission with the chryssalid attack
Not that it's hard necessarily, but if they're caught with their pants down, they're done for.

Edit: uuuughhh I'd forgotten how good some of the soundtrack in XCOM EU is.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Pleasemcelroysdontbesecrethorriblepeoplepleasemcelroysdontbesecrethorriblepeoplepleasepleaseplease

I don't know much about Nick so I'm not surprised one way or another, though still disappointed. McElroys? I'd be flat out gobsmacked if they were. Especially given how well they respond to people giving them other points of view. Open minded people can also be assholes in private but between the Adventure Zone representation feedback and the generally more accepting and open tone they have taken on MBMBaM over the years, it would be a huge shock.

When you put out the best Christian rock album of 1996

iar8sGT.png

I don't know much about Nick so I'm not surprised one way or another, though still disappointed. McElroys? I'd be flat out gobsmacked if they were. Especially given how well they respond to people giving them other points of view. Open minded people can also be assholes in private but between the Adventure Zone representation feedback and the generally more accepting and open tone they have taken on MBMBaM over the years, it would be a huge shock.

I mean, Griffin has that running vore joke, but he's pretty much stopped doing it after people told him it made them uncomfortable. I'd be devastated if it turned out they were shitty.

Can anyone explain the conceit behind exquisite corps? I was hoping beforehand that it was each of them controlling one character in an XCOM squad - not in a place i can watch the video right now.

In the spirit of this being a shitty day I'm going to give the humble monthly games I own/don't want away instead of selling them for sweet, sweet profit. If you want one then I want you to draw a piece of super rad MS paint art that's super positive and GB related. I'll pick my favourites after UPF ends because I think that's a little fairer than first come first serve. You can only pick one game per entry (and can only win one game per person!) so mention what game you want in your post.

Games you can choose from: Pillars of Eternity, NBA2K17, Killing Floor 2, One Piece Burning Blood, Overcooked, Nongunz.

Also as I love the game I'll throw in a copy of Fire Pro World but you need to make a GB wrestling related pic if you want that bad boy.

Post images in the thread and I'd suggest pming me a copy too just in case I miss it here.

Edit: If this makes no sense it's because I'm super ill.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Can anyone explain the conceit behind exquisite corps? I was hoping beforehand that it was each of them controlling one character in an XCOM squad - not in a place i can watch the video right now.

Today is a full ship, but every episode from now on will be Vinny along with one of Abby, Dan, or Alex. They'll be picking up where the last one left off.

Today is a full ship, but every episode from now on will be Vinny along with one of Abby, Dan, or Alex. They'll be picking up where the last one left off.

Ah, so just more of a normal playthrough. Alright that's kind of a bummer, but I'm sure it will still be plenty of fun.

I mean, Griffin has that running vore joke, but he's pretty much stopped doing it after people told him it made them uncomfortable. I'd be devastated if it turned out they were shitty.

They start a game (The first game being xcom) and everyone has to finish the game, but seperately. Abby is first so she will play the game, save at a certain point and pass the save off to someone else (Alex or Dan) and then that cycle continues until they complete the game. Vinny will be coaching/monitoring them while they play.

That's good. I thought it would be pass and play XCOM where they each control one character and they play together.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It isn't normal, people are going to fucking DIE. WE CAN'T GO BACK AND FIX IT. DAN IS GOING TO KILL EVERYONE. Mark my word :p

Dan's got the most experience.

Granted, that likely means that he has sent the most soldiers to their death.

Also it's been so many years since I played the first XCOM tutorial and it is still the wooooooooooorst.

Having listened to all of MBMBAM, TAZ, and Rose Buddies, I think the McElroys are still a safe follow.

-TAZ is pretty inclusive, has multiple LGBTQ characters, including Justin's character. Also, the best NPC happens to be trans.
-On The 'The Adventure Zone' Zone, they have frequently and sincerely discussed how they've fallen into the traps of certain race/sexuality tropes or stereotypes, and how devastated they've felt. They pivoted in a few ways to correct this.

- On MBMBAM, whenever the idea of people listening to their earliest episodes is brought up, they kind of universally go "oh god no", because it was a different era and they had a long way to go as people back then.

-On Rose Buddies, they have been forced to discuss some pretty horrific racism and sexual assault surrounding the Bachelor franchise this year, so much so that they said they felt almost complicit in hurting people by introducing their fans to the show only for it to suddenly get MEGA problematic. The agony in Griffin/Rachel is palpable.

is there a reason at to why the cover of the premium video is of a high school band?

Giant Bomb (Self Titled)

Track 1 - What's My High Score Again?
Track 2 - Up All Night Playing Blitz
Track 3 - Dunkweed
Track 4 - Jon Blow Job
Track 5 - Sausalito, California
Track 6 - Fuck a Dog FT. Rorie

Hindl

Giant Bomb (Self Titled)

Track 3 - Dunkweed
Track 4 - Jon Blow Job
Epilogue - Gauging the temperature of the room

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is every pod crew now suspect because of this one mcasshole?

Nick, Griffin, and Justin all work for Polygon and Nick/Griffin have podcasts and multiple Youtube series together. I don't think they had to have known about his behavior, but I understand why people bring them up.

Scizzy

I'm finding my attention wandering a bit during the Exquisite Corps prologue. I think it'll be more compelling once they get out of the prologue and the stakes are higher.

Harpuia

Giant Bomb (Self Titled)

Track 3 - Dunkweed
Track 4 - Jon Blow Job

Extra Soundtrack: Fondle It FT. J. Bakalar

drabnon

Hi all! New thread, new opportunity for us to criticize every single member of Giant Bomb and their mother.

Can someone remind me what "I think it might be for show" is from? Drawing a blank right now.

Hindl

The only problem with all these GBE premium features is it's delaying Vinny teaches Dan how to cook and Papa Vinny's Woodworking shop
Hi all! New thread, new opportunity for us to criticize every single member of Giant Bomb and their mother.

Can someone remind me what "I think it might be for show" is from? Drawing a blank right now.
One of the Jeremiah appearances. I think the first one on whatever Beastcast that was. Like 3 weeks ago

Top Bottom