• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

def sim

Chapter 17 and 20 on crushing are realllllllyyyyyyy unbalanced and hard for no reason. It felt like no one playtested those sections on that difficulty.

For the elevator fight, it was odd that they'd let you get into a scenario where you absolutely do not have enough ammo to win, so you're better off reloading before you go any further. It was such a waste of my time.

At least the battles in chapter 20 let me fight on solid ground and provided me with plenty ammo. Still, though, it felt like work. No satisfaction from any of them, except for the mummy room fight. That one was alright by me.

Hasney

Last time I had KFC I got food poisoning too. Also cracked a tooth on some hard gristle so maybe I shall avoid that particular chain in the future.

Harpuia

Are we not getting a crew livestream for the Nintendo Direct tonight? Considering the time, that is somewhat disappointing.

I don't think they've ever done a livestream for a run of the mill Nintendo Direct.

We're probably gonna get info on their upcoming stuff and maybe, maybe one new thing at most.

oti

Banned
Time to watch that XCOM video I heard so much about. Good fit to pass the time until the Direct.

Are we not getting a crew livestream for the Nintendo Direct tonight? Considering the time, that is somewhat disappointing.

Since they didn't say anything I wouldn't count on it. I really don't get them at times. If they had started at the usual time this would have been an absolute no-brainer. They've finally figured out that people like GOTY talk and now they bring it up in every other video. Guess it will take a few years for them to get that people like watching them watching announcements.

Harpuia

Though it is odd, it does feel like they started early to not overlap with the Direct. Maybe they just want to see it for themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like it if they streamed their thoughts. But they might not think it's worth it.

Also it IS at 6pm here in the East. Most people have been working all day. Maybe they just wanna go home. :p

tesqui

I think they would have beaten Sunshine like 2 episodes ago if they just went for the story shines. They really are torturing themselves for our entertainment. Thanks guys!

GihkF9a.jpg

the new IT was fantastic you guys

BTA

Bored enough pre-Direct to start making this checklist/spreadsheet and it's always a cool feeling when you immediately randomly scrub to the point you needed in a video.

EA's E3 stream is weird and borders on self parody plus they announce new games so I'd argue it has much more value. Plus, it's part of the GB E3 lineup where they also stream the Nintendo Direct.

There was like one game announced this year at EA's thing. There's no vaue there aside from the brief moments of proxy embarrassment. It's mostly a boring slog through sports games.

I'm playing through the Des2ny opening again as my titan and it is still bad

I'm near the end of that game and if you thought the beginning was bad then oh boy lol. I thought it started out pretty strong. It seems to be ending somewhat strong as well judging by the last mission I played but yeah, it isn't even on the same ballpark as Bungie's previous stuff(excluding Destiny 1).

BTA

Oh good god, there's Smash Deluxe rumors on this direct. be still my beating heart.

Is it anything of worth or just the usual (sometime accurate) 4chan stuff?

(Also I don't think it'd be called Deluxe since Melee is DX in Japan, right? But who knows.)

Oh good god, there's Smash Deluxe rumors on this direct. be still my beating heart.

That would be awesome. The sooner they finally get all those ports/re-releases out of the way, the better though. We need new games, but I understand that to most developers, the succes of the Switch kind of came as a surprise.

2018 should be interesting.

Salarians

I'm near the end of that game and if you thought the beginning was bad then oh boy lol. I thought it started out pretty strong. It seems to be ending somewhat strong as well judging by the last mission I played but yeah, it isn't even on the same ballpark as Bungie's previous stuff(excluding Destiny 1).
I actually didn't hate the ending stuff, seeing (Destiny 2 campaign spoilers lol)
Ikora zipping around on a sparrow, firing her pistol
was pretty cool
HAVE FEELINGS
HAVE FEEEHEEELINGS!!!
it's on the same level as this stuff to me

There was like one game announced this year at EA's thing. There's no vaue there aside from the brief moments of proxy embarrassment. It's mostly a boring slog through sports games.

Yeah absolutely. EA's E3 streams are total shitshows. GB only stream them because they're part of E3, if an EA stream was happening today they wouldn't be talking over it.
I should have just focused on that part in my post, I don't know where I was going with the whole "they have some value" part. Let's call it temporary insanity.

Hasney

Is it anything of worth or just the usual (sometime accurate) 4chan stuff?

(Also I don't think it'd be called Deluxe since Melee is DX in Japan, right? But who knows.)

They found an unlisted video on Nintendos channel with the word Smash in it apparently.

That would be awesome. The sooner they finally get all those ports/re-releases out of the way, the better though. We need new games, but I understand that to most developers, the succes of the Switch kind of came as a surprise.

2018 should be interesting.

I'm pretty sure this direct is going to be mostly ports, so I'm not particularly excited.

Unless the ports are games I really like. That's fine.

BTA

They found an unlisted video on Nintendos channel with the word Smash in it apparently.

Oooooh, rad.

Even if it's just a straight port (I doubt it will be but still) I'd be down for another way to play more of that game with friends.

EDIT:
You actually listen to it?

Love how their idea to shorten the 5 minute kisses segment turn it into a 20 minute segment. Wonder how long before they get rid of it.

There was a single postcard last week so I think it might not be a problem.

I listen to it; it's cute and harmless though funny to think about how Max Fun podcasts charge $100 for essentially the same thing.

Aselith

For anyone that's into clickers. try out XTeam. That game is actually kind of crazy complex by clicker standards. Like there's tons of different kind of upgrading that goes on.

You start with just this minigun turret that then you start getting little heroes that help you shoot stuff

Then you get upgrades for the dudes equipment

Then you get relics that you can buy to enhance your whole teams abilities

Then you get the ability to go into the items and do these little mining tasks to upgrade the items sort of like upgrading items in Disgaea. This is EVERYTHING heroes, relics, and all of that shit each have their own upgrade path that you can do.

Now after like a week and a half of play I opened up a galaxy map where you can buy battleships to upgrade and like an arena which I guess is PvP? Haven't tried the arena yet.

But yeah this game has hidden depths that they don't even tell you about at all until you get to it. Very curious to see if it has more stuff even deeper in.

It's apparently made outside the US cause it does have some Engrish in it but it's not too bad.

Hasney

Oooooh, rad.

Even if it's just a straight port (I doubt it will be but still) I'd be down for another way to play more of that game with friends.

Just hope they can up the controller support to 8 somehow and my GC adaptor works!

... If it happens. Must reign in my expectations.

Salarians

ok, I have one positive thing to say about the Destiny 2 opening

Nolan North did a really good job making Ghost sound completely devastated and broken, I genuinely felt bad for him

Lunar FC

For anyone that's into clickers. try out XTeam. That game is actually kind of crazy complex by clicker standards. Like there's tons of different kind of upgrading that goes on.

You start with just this minigun turret that then you start getting little heroes that help you shoot stuff

Then you get upgrades for the dudes equipment

Then you get relics that you can buy to enhance your whole teams abilities

Then you get the ability to go into the items and do these little mining tasks to upgrade the items sort of like upgrading items in Disgaea. This is EVERYTHING heroes, relics, and all of that shit each have their own upgrade path that you can do.

Now after like a week and a half of play I opened up a galaxy map where you can buy battleships to upgrade and like an arena which I guess is PvP? Haven't tried the arena yet.

But yeah this game has hidden depths that they don't even tell you about at all until you get to it. Very curious to see if it has more stuff even deeper in.

It's apparently made outside the US cause it does have some Engrish in it but it's not too bad.

I've been looking for a good mobile clicker for months now. Downloading.

BTA

Hah, scrubbing through episode 4 and I got the exact point when Abby talked about the rice cooker previously.

Gonna stop for the Direct and finish this after though. Pretty easy to find them getting Shines on the site's video player, at least.

Aselith

I've been looking for a good mobile clicker for months now. Downloading.

When you get to the Wingsuit, it's going to seem like a really hard hump to get over. I had to restart about 4-5 times at that point but you also get to level up your relics a lot with the honor points you get and the upgrades to your base that you do with the mining will give you some bonus honor points so make sure you keep up with that. After you get Wingsuit is when the stuff I was talking about pops off.

(I realize this is gonna look like gobbledygook but you'll know what I'm talking about if you stick with it that far.)

After you get level 600 on your main hero the honor point system will open up for you.

Its kinda weird that the only person on my PSN friends list playing Destiny 2 at all is the one guy who had the platinum in the first game.

Everyone else just seemed to have passed it.

Wonder how the heck Bungie wins those people back. It seems they already fell into the COD / Assassins Creed hole when the bad previous game ruined the sales potential for the much better games that followed but they did it with their first game.

Will word of mouth that Destiny 2 is actually good help D3? Will D3 be next gen anyway?

Top Bottom