• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

: - ) ALL

giphy.gif

I doubt that this will work well, but I'm going to try to watch Fate of the Furious with the Giant Bomb spoilercast running to make a weird films and 40's.

It certainly is the superior convenience store.

6v3P5sC.gif

This video is up there with UPF 12/05/2014 as videos I'll always get back to when I'm having a terrible day and they never fail in making me feel great again.

Pretty much all of the goty video content they put out this past year was A+, it really made the holidays much better for me.

Rainmaker

Banned
The VR video was fun with Vinny freaking out over heights, the UPF with Vinny hurting his hand, and the Gamespot documentary were all fun

Tagyhag

Pretty much all of the goty video content they put out this past year was A+, it really made the holidays much better for me.

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, the skits were fun, but we get waaaaay more content out of this.

And without Ryan, I really don't think they'll ever recapture the magic of them.

BTA

Didn't watch the rocket league rubber match? Austin came back for that one.

I'd never watched their earlier Rocket League games (I really liked what I played of the game but watching it wasn't super appealing) so I didn't, but I realized I'd never even seen the intro of it recently and watched that much.

The gag continued...

The VR video was fun with Vinny freaking out over heights

Oh, I did watch that one too! That was good.

BTA

Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, the skits were fun, but we get waaaaay more content out of this.

And without Ryan, I really don't think they'll ever recapture the magic of them.

I think you're dismissing how good The Day Mario Cried was!
I have to admit I haven't watched all of the older GOTY stuff because some of it was before my time watching GB.

With Abby onboard, even without Drew I think it's reasonable to hope for edited skits again. GOTY time's gonna be fun, especially if we get a Beastcast holiday tabletop game with Abby and Dan in it.

So uh, is Destiny the Diablo of shooters? Basically what Borderlands tried to be although the depth in that series isn't all that great.

Salarians

"just when you thought you were safe and secure in your ironic love of Knack, then you found yourself genuinely loving Knack"

2776158-0471975364-o4GPS.gif

So uh, is Destiny the Diablo of shooters? Basically what Borderlands tried to be although the depth in that series isn't all that great.
Yeah, Destiny actually has more loot than guns though so it's more effective in that respect as well. Also the shooting doesn't feel like complete garbage so it's got that going for it too.

Waiting for PC with Des2iny. If it had cross-save I'd probably cave and buy the console version right now, so maybe it's for the best that it doesn't lol.

Went back to Hellblade tonight. It pairs well with Twin Peaks s3 for headphone-worthy scary fucking sound design.

Many compare it to MMOs because of raids and social spaces, but yeah, the loot, RNG, and dopamine fixation share more with Diablo 3 post Taken King.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, Destiny actually has more loot than guns though so it's more effective in that respect as well. Also the shooting doesn't feel like complete garbage so it's got that going for it too.

But borderlands also has more loot than just guns? Shield, grenades, car paint, etc. etc.

But borderlands also has more loot than just guns? Shield, grenades, car paint, etc. etc.
I was lumping grenades with guns, and shields never had a cosmetic effect attached to them so it was missing part of the loot appeal. What I mean is armour is an important aspect of loot, and Destiny did not overlook that.

Megasoum

Banned
Wasn't convinced by the first 2 episodes of the 3rd season of Black Mirror but man the third one delivered (Dance Fucker Dance).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was lumping grenades with guns, and shields never had a cosmetic effect attached to them so it was missing part of the loot appeal. What I mean is armour is an important aspect of loot, and Destiny did not overlook that.

Ah yeah fair enough.

Though the one thing I always preferred when it comes to borderlands is the skill customisation stuff. Destiny seems really lacking when it came to that.

Joeku

Wasn't convinced by the first 2 episodes of the 3rd season of Black Mirror but man the third one delivered (Dance Fucker Dance).

You mean "Shut up and Dance"? Or do you watch it en francais and it's titled differently?

Either way, season 3 has some crazy highs and crazy lows. Enjoy!

Megasoum

Banned
You mean "Shut up and Dance"? Or do you watch it en francais and it's titled differently?

Either way, season 3 has some crazy highs and crazy lows. Enjoy!

Yeah sorry...close enough... It's geting late (and I was mixing it up with that Offspring song haha).

San Junipero makes the whole season worth it. Everything else ranges from pretty good to meh. Thankfully none of the episodes were outright bad.

Top Bottom