• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Jeff and Brad dropping some inside baseball about the Giant Bomb/CBSi merger on Octobercast.

Sounds frustrating.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Somebody "took" Drew's bow and arrows he left at work :(
qE3r0.png

Zaph

Gary's response to Jeff's question about UK gaming press should be interesting as his friend Colin at IGN has been directly implicated in some shady shit...

Fox Mulder

Apparently that 100nugs in a 100 minutes thing pissed off CBSi HR.

And someone stole Drew's bow after the BLLSL

HR is the worst.

But this stuff isn't surprising, and a main reason why people were upset they sold out to a giant corporation. More red tape and regulations.

W1SSY

Wasn't that someone else's bow though? Sadly I missed that part but am watching the rest. I love Jeff's insight about stuff, dude knows his stuff.

To be fair it probably wasn't a good idea to shoot bow and arrows in the office in the first place.

As long as they had people making sure nobody could walk in from either direction then it's as safe as can be. Health and safety these days is a joke.

But even so, that's no excuse to steal something.

This is why I love the guys at Giant Bomb. They're so open about their views on all of this shady shit in this industry. I don't often see that in the gaming "press".

jediyoshi

HR is the worst.

But this stuff isn't surprising, and a main reason why people were upset they sold out to a giant corporation. More red tape and regulations.

I'd be hard pressed to find someone who wouldn't consider HR literally doing nothing to someone who fired a weapon in an open office to be uptight.

Fox Mulder

As long as they had people making sure nobody could walk in from either direction then it's as safe as can be. Health and safety these days is a joke.

But even so, that's no excuse to steal something.

It was still kind of dumb and pretty unsafe to do in an office, but it was 100% giantbomb. Back in the day, they had a video where Kessler and Drew ate some old tainted canned fish from Sweden. Eating 100 nuggets is also dumb to do to your body, but corporations are all uptight about promoting healthy lifestyles for employees on their health care.

I hate if stuff they want to do is held back because of some corporate bullshit.

jediyoshi

Eating 100 nuggets is also dumb to do to your body, but corporations are all uptight about promoting healthy lifestyles for employees on their health care.

The implication was that they'd be liable for anything bad that happened because it was on company time and on their premises, they could probably give a shit less about what they'd be up to on their own time.

I guess they probably feel more comfortable talking about it somewhere neutral as it doesn't come off as nazel-gazing/excuse-making as it would on their own livestream.

Pretty sure he's joking seeing as their first order of business after the transition was addressing jeff getting laid off originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom