• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast |11/12/13| With Brad and Jeff

eot

Banned
great eps. one of the few podcasts where I look forward to emails, especially these days where its just experts dropping knowledge bombs.

and disappointed brad, One of the rare shooters coming out that is fast paced, and you rather play it on consoles than pc!

Which shooter?

Fox318

Best episode in years.

They should skype in people more often. I always thought Ryan was an idiot for his no Skype rule.

Bedlam

I totally feel the same way. It's honestly not mean-spirited towards Jeff (I think he's awesome), but the energy is just that much better with Vinny leading through. It's more brisk, inquisitive and joyful.
I agree. And it's not even that Vinny has more energy or something. I feel Jeff's energy is better spent on coming up with fun stories and jokes instead of steering the podcast. His head his never really "free" when he hosts.

I'd be happy if they switch it up from time to time.

Best episode in years.

They should skype in people more often. I always thought Ryan was an idiot for his no Skype rule.
Skype only works when everyone is on Skype. When you Skype one person in while everyone else is in a room together, it's terrible more often than not.

bjork

I think Vinny is a good host, but the downside is that you get zero angry father Vinny that you'd get when Jeff is hosting. Angry Vinny outbursts are gold every time. But hell, I like it whoever is on and whoever is hosting, so whatever works.

Was I imagining this or did the mood change dramatically once Patrick was on? There was a distinct feeling of unease, negativity.

He was genuinely salty because he didn't went to the PS4 Event. But dunno, apart from that, if I will say the part was more negative than the usual for "the news" section.

ShapeGSX

I started counting the number of times Brad used the word, "like". But I ran out of fingers after one sentence. Warning, do not use this as a drinking game!

Still, an awesome podcast this week. The music and editing was hilarious.

kmg90

I'm glad Vinny inserted the creepy slow effect for Patrick's Portillos story, I was going crazy with some of the subtle music additions... Thinking I'm going crazy or is their actually music added in the background... and the record scratch!!

One of the best episodes of the year

fuzzyset

Was I imagining this or did the mood change dramatically once Patrick was on? There was a distinct feeling of unease, negativity.

Haven't made it to that part, but Skyping with 1 person while the other people are in person is tough. The latency really throws off the flow of a convo.

Also, surprisingly fantastic ep. Vinny is greatest.

Dylan

He was genuinely salty because he didn't went to the PS4 Event. But dunno, apart from that, if I will say the part was more negative than the usual for "the news" section.

You guys read wayyyy too far into things. Patrick was totally fine, but think of it this way; your friends are having a party, they've been hanging out for 3 hours, and then suddenly they call you on the phone. You aren't automatically going to be bouncing off the walls with enthusiasm because you likely just got off the couch or maybe you just finished typing up some work.

As for the NYC event, any number of things might have caused him to miss the event; maybe he decided to stay home and knock up the wife. Who knows. Regardless, he didn't actually seem cheesed about it, but he was playing it up as a joke.

Proceed with caution. If people stop registering sarcasm the government is going to take it away from us.

edit: Sorry TheBaronofNA this post wasn't actually directed at you. Just following the thread of discussion.

Odrion

Banned
Patrick actually did sound salty about not being able to go to the NY event.

Tension!

Also, Vinny is the best host and editor, sorry Ryan/Jeff.
I thought that review press events were hellish landscapes where poor defenseless game journalists are chained and poked with tridents until they endure a 72 hour onslaught of playing videogames. Why would Patrick ever want to go?

Did reddit lie to me?!

Fox318

He did move to a city where there isn't many gaming events. He went from somebody who covered events to a blogger so I'm not sure what he was expecting. If he wanted to be flown out to more places he should have tried working for Vox.

Not to mention Giantbomb has been running on a shoestring budget since the CBSi move so I wouldn't be surprised if they spent most of their budget for the year replacing the stolen equipment and the flights to New York.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they don't go to E3 or Pax next year.

JDPoZ

Banned
commando-o.gif

Classic Arnold.

SummitAve

Banned
He did move to a city where there isn't many gaming events. He went from somebody who covered events to a blogger so I'm not sure what he was expecting. If he wanted to be flown out to more places he should have tried working for Vox.

Not to mention Giantbomb has been running on a shoestring budget since the CBSi move so I wouldn't be surprised if they spent most of their budget for the year replacing the stolen equipment and the flights to New York.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they don't go to E3 or Pax next year.

You're drunk.

cdkee

Banned
Jeff Gerstman is the Bombcast.

This episode was good. I like enjoyed listening to like brad Muir but like he has this like vocal tick and like after like 2 hours I'm like this is like really like distracting.

The likes were indeed distracting after a while. Once I focused/noticed, I couldn't stop.

But it was still an amazing episode. Vinnycasts with the post editing are great.

Chipotle is great. Fuck these guys.

Edit: I feel I should clarify that I'm just saying that in fun. I shouldn't have to clarify, but there are so many a-holes online that say stuff like that and actually mean it.

DangerStepp

Yeah, I believe some of you are reading too deep into Patrick's mood.

He kicked off his playing salty about "The Bomcast being desperate enough to Skype him in..." and signed off by leaving Brad Muir hanging.

He picked an angle and committed and it was hilarious. Either that or Chicago winters really are depressing.

When Bizarro-Brad was talking about his want of a Rogue-like Dark Souls, it sounded like what Deep Down is going to be. Play with your friends, random dungeons, Dark Souls-ish controls; if they don't fuck up the f2p elements, it could be really great. Can't wait!

Also, caught a bit of Real-Brad playing Dark Souls on his Extra Life stream, and he never put his shield up. If you're reading this, always shield up, or at least double hand your weapon so you do more damage. But I prefer shield up.

Only halfway through, but this is the best ep in a long time.

Santiako

I really hope they make Vinny the regular host, he's much better at it than Jeff, Jeff is just too wild and unruly to host.

KLonso

Wow, this episode is definitely the best one in recent memory. The comedic timing of the music edits is just perfect

see5harp

From my experience, Chicago proper has very very good mexican restaurants. There are a couple decent Rick Bayless spots that were super impressive. Also a lot of good Korean, which I would not expect.

Dragon

Banned
Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but this was the best podcast Giantbomb has ever done in my opinion. I love both Brad and Jeff but getting such a different perspective on things is so refreshing.

LiK

Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but this was the best podcast Giantbomb has ever done in my opinion. I love both Brad and Jeff but getting such a different perspective on things is so refreshing.

Where are you. The last third is fucking amazing.

Alucrid

Banned
When Bizarro-Brad was talking about his want of a Rogue-like Dark Souls, it sounded like what Deep Down is going to be. Play with your friends, random dungeons, Dark Souls-ish controls; if they don't fuck up the f2p elements, it could be really great. Can't wait!

Also, caught a bit of Real-Brad playing Dark Souls on his Extra Life stream, and he never put his shield up. If you're reading this, always shield up, or at least double hand your weapon so you do more damage. But I prefer shield up.

Only halfway through, but this is the best ep in a long time.
Always shield up is stupid. Just have good reactions

Andrew.

Banned
I tried listening to GiantBombs podcast for the first time yesterday after Jeff Greene's announcement of leaving PopCap.

I started up last weeks or whatever the most recent episode was which coincidentally had Jeff as a guest. Unfortunatley I couldnt even get through twenty minutes. I guess Ive been spoiled by the Brodeo.

Whoever that kid is on there that uses the word "like" as every other word coming out of his face needs to get off radio immediately. He's fucking awful. Pretty sure its the same kid that was obnoxious as hell interrupting Levine with senseless comments during GB's pre Infinite release interviews.

Top Bottom