• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gifting 4 Gaffers Ion Fury. Lets have a positive impact GAF *Rules in OP*

I am gifting 4 Gaffers Ion Fury via Steam Store

The rules are simple.

1. Have interest and want to play the game
2. Play the game
3. If you like the game, gift another Gaffer the game.
4. Have an avatar lol

I know a lot of people will be hesitant in supporting the game now. Obviously I won't go into detail about what happened. You can look HERE!!! for that. But the summary is this.
1. Voidpoint made a game that reviewed well from Sites and Consumers
2. Some SJWs threw a hissy fit over Discord messages and a few things in the game.
3. Devs bent the knee and said sorry. Censored the game to stop the crying.
4. Gamers not agreeing with the bending of the knee and censorship requested refunds, refused to purchase, and/or left poor user reviews for the game.

I personally didn't want to purchase the game at first.

While its certainly fact to say that the Gamers had a bigger impact on the game than the SJWs, its also fact to say no one won. Everyone lost, the Devs losing the most. So much so that they told people to "Just Pirate the Game".
ion-fury-pirate-tweet.jpg

They just want people to play their game. They worked hard on it. Put in a lot of hours. They are passionate about it. And most reviews say the game is really good.

And that is the type of Dev I personally want to support. They didn't ask for this non sense. Yes they fucked up by listening to the man babies.

And while currently Game "Journalist" mostly haven't reported past the apology and censorship, if/when they do we will be the ones blamed (not just GAF but the none SJW PC group). It will be the man babies fault. And no one will step up to correct them.

And the Devs suffer through all of it. But we can help eliminate that by supporting a good game.

So if you are interested in playing and haven't already, AND WILL REGIFT IF YOU ENJOY/LIKE THE GAME (Its $25 you cheap fucks) reply below.

When you regift, and you will because its a fun game and you aren't a cheap fuck, contact the next reply that is waiting and gift it. If you don't want to play it or regift it, don't participate. :messenger_heart::messenger_heart::messenger_heart:

Whitesnake

Banned
Yo

I've had a good amount if interest in this game but not enough to buy it

If I get it and like I'd gladly get a key and give it to someone else

Last edited:

Fake

I like those games, but actually never understand 'why' such a small team make such a huge decision. Anw, believe or not I still play Ultimate Doom, Final Doom, Rise of the Triad, Heretic and Hexen. Never say never for those games.

One of the gaf members is my real brother, so we play those games via TCP/IP most of the time when he could.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Im going to buy it eventually. At this point I feel bad for the developers and by all accounts its a great game and I refuse to let SJW/anti-SJW war kill this.

But if someone wants to gift it to me, please do. :)

Waiting for this bad boy on Switch/PS4 because I use my PC & Laptop solely for work. I know, it's weird, but it's just something I do.

Really looking forward to playing it though as DN3D was one of my favourite games growing up. Great thread Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese that's my commish yeeee

Haeleos

Gonna pick this up when I have some spare change since I love 3D Realms' old build engine games. Playing through the Blood rerelease at the moment.

Gargus

Banned
Part of me wants to participate but the larger part says no way in hell will I touch that game or have any part in it from a company that has no spine or backbone to stand by their product. I can't support a company that folds like a cowering dog in the face of the politically correct nazis of the world and go as far as to send employees for sensitive training.

I want support for companies that have the balls to make the game they want to make.

Iorv3th

I really really wanted to get this game. Played the demo at pax and loved it, also wanted to support a local company.

Then this shit happened. I hate that the media reporting on it is using "transphobic" in their news stories, nothing was transphobic. I wish these guys would have stood up to these nut jobs.

I don't think I could re gift the game. I can't support it at all financially, especially since that then are giving that money away.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Honestly guys i gave the guy a thumbs down after the shit storm.

It supports 3440x1440 @120hz gsync and all.
I just think its shitty how they handled the drama but i still reccomend it.
Game is really on the same level as duke3d

Last edited:
I would join but I'm not a PC gamer. Can we do the same for people on other platforms? Maybe give people a digital gift card upto the value of the game? I have all three current gen consoles, just not a pc!

It's a nice idea and would definitely like to support it if I can!

I would join but I'm not a PC gamer. Can we do the same for people on other platforms? Maybe give people a digital gift card upto the value of the game? I have all three current gen consoles, just not a pc!

It's a nice idea and would definitely like to support it if I can!
When it comes to Console, definitely gift a copy to someone if you'd like. That would be awesome

Revenile

Holy shit my account still works! I basically stopped visiting this site a while ago, but since most the crazies are gone to another forum, figured I'd check back in.

On topic:
I still have some interest in this game, though I'll probably wait for a sale. I feel bad for the devs as from what I have seen it was 3D Realms as the publisher who made the apology (even said other forum has members whining that it wasn't the devs themselves apologizing), and feel they should still see (as devs) success and interest in their game so that maybe next time they can ditch 3DR and make exactly what they want with no publisher forcing things on them. I'd put my name here, but my current income situation means I couldn't pass it on any time in the near future to others. But it's nice to see someone trying to do something positive for guys who got screwed by their publisher.

Top Bottom