• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Gina Carano Explains Her Politics

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
California
manabyte.com

“The whole reason I started speaking out is because I feel like there is a large group of people that were being silenced this year and being forced to play this game of wokeism or whatever it is,” Carano explained. “No matter who you voted for, no matter who you are, I want to create a platform where everybody can have an opportunity. Everybody.”

Expect Twitter to take this as the tolerant people they are and definitely not demand her to be fired from the show and the upcoming spin-off.

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018

ArtemisClydeFrog

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2020
Leftists everywhere desperately trying to tear down a strong woman who doesn't strictly conform to usual gender norms.

Isn't that the righties thing? As long as she doesn't have purple hair or kiss another woman I guess it's fine, right?

Anyway we all know whose opinion we really need on this subject

dave chappelle where is ja GIF

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
Too white
Which I don’t get I mean Daniel San is what Italian and dark skinned for one and was trained by the model minority. Then Miguel is Latino and up until this season Sam’s best friend was an Obese black girl. What more do they want?

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Which I don’t get I mean Daniel San is what Italian and dark skinned for one and was trained by the model minority. Then Miguel is Latino and up until this season Sam’s best friend was an Obese black girl. What more do they want?

All white actors unemployed. And once they finish with Hollywood they'll move on to the next industry.

showernota

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2020
Of course, like I said she doesn't have purple hair
You should let this purple hair thing go, it's a strange deflection from the topic. Gina has unorthodox political and social convictions for a Hollywood actress.

Despite her uncommon physicality, and portrayal in roles usually typified as masculine, she has been chronically harassed by leftists. Unusual considering that side's obsession with identity, and breaking down gender norms.

It goes to show they only care about superficial physical diversity, and not diversity of thought or opinion. It's sad.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
So glad she's taking a stand.

And I'm glad that Disney/Lucasfilm is standing by her despite repeated calls on Twatterverse to get her fired. Only speculation on my part but I think they know how popular she is among Star Wars fans and that canceling her would erode whatever good will they've won back with The Mandalorian. Disney is cash strapped right now and they need Star Wars to be financially successful.

Lupingosei

Oct 24, 2017
All white actors unemployed. And once they finish with Hollywood they'll move on to the next industry.

They already killed comics, YA-novels, a lot of sci-fi and also board games.

Gaming is quite resiliant until now, but that is why they bring up Gamergate over and over again, because it was the first time people said no and stood their ground. Still they try it again and again.

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde
You should let this purple hair thing go, it's a strange deflection from the topic. Gina has unorthodox political and social convictions for a Hollywood actress.

Despite her uncommon physicality, and portrayal in roles usually typified as masculine, she has been chronically harassed by leftists. Unusual considering that side's obsession with identity, and breaking down gender norms.

It goes to show they only care about superficial physical diversity, and not diversity of thought or opinion. It's sad.

And she's the only actress that can do a fight scene with a man and not look utterly and unbelievably ridiculous.

NeilH1982

Jul 9, 2019
This modern notion that you have to agree with the views and ideas of every single person in a piece of media is just fucking insane. If a piece of media is enjoyable just fucking enjoy it. Who gives a shit what an actor, writer or grime-artist connected to the show thinks in their personal life it has no bearing on that piece of media nor your enjoyment of it.

Grow the fuck up

FunkMiller

Aug 14, 2014
Good for her 👍 perfectly reasonable position to have. The fact we’ve reached the point where someone wanting everyone to have equal opportunity is perceived as a bad thing is cringe inducing.

Reactions: NeoIkaruGAF

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
This modern notion that you have to agree with the views and ideas of every single person in a piece of media is just fucking insane. If a piece of media is enjoyable just fucking enjoy it. Who gives a shit what an actor, writer or grime-artist connected to the show thinks in their personal life it has no bearing on that piece of media nor your enjoyment of it.

Grow the fuck up
Exactly. Two of her fellow Star Wars actors certainly qualify. Pedro Pascal has compared Trump supporters to Nazis, and Mark Hamill is also just as bad in his hatred of Trump.

I still enjoy watching the Original Trilogy and The Mandalorian despite that.

GeorgPrime

Bonus Member
Jan 9, 2020
Rofl.

All those woke people remind me of the "BLEACH JAPAN" group from Yakuza - Like A Dragon

It's Jeff

Aug 28, 2015
These people are actors. They're not civil engineers, Poet Laureates, or geologists. They're not subject matter experts of anything beyond acting. Some aren't even that.

Their political opinions are as meaningful as your barber's. Possibly less.