• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl, 7, stabbed to death by "stranger" (BBC™) in Bolton, UK [23th Mar]

The BBC had this to say in a short buried article about a 7 year old being murdered in broad daylight;
The parents of a seven-year-old girl stabbed to death by a stranger in a park said she had a "heart as big as her smile".

Emily Jones was randomly attacked by a knife-wielding woman at Queen's Park in Bolton on Sunday.

She died a short time later, Greater Manchester Police said.

A 30-year-old woman arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder has been detained at a secure facility under the Mental Health Act.

'Little social butterfly'
Emily's parents said she was their only child and "the light of our lives".

"She was always full of joy, love and laughter," they said.

"Emily had such a cheeky smile and was beautiful inside and out. She had a heart as big as her smile."

Describing her as a "little social butterfly", they said Emily had a "passion for the outdoors and loved to play any sport, even when she was wearing her pink sparkly dresses".

"This random act of violence means that we will never get to see our beautiful little girl grow up into the wonderful young lady she was showing such promise of becoming," they said.

"It is truly heartbreaking to wake up to a world without Emily in it and we cannot comprehend why this has happened".

Heard nothing about this until a friend brought it up to me today..... No name of the attacker, except a mentally ill 30 year old woman now in a secure facility.

Seems very suspicious. You would think it very much in the public interest to know.

OP thinks he's slick by adding that tweet.

Typical UK sensationalism bullshit. We don't need that kind of news nowadays.

-> 1st Result
-> 2nd post

This is how I found the story.

-> 1st Result
-> 2nd post

What does your thread bring to the forum at the end? Will it bring joy? Laughter? A cathartic reaction that changes their perspective in a positive way?

You need to be more considerate of the situation right now more than ever.

I could easily extract sensationalist news from anywhere in the world and paint a grim picture of whatever ethnicity/religion/culture/nation, but I'd rather make GAF laugh or smile or, at the very least, cringe.

What is suspicious?

The mentally ill unidentified attacker who murdered a 7 year old at random in which some have mentioned is a diverse part of the UK, which would be headline news but is simply a story buried because of potentially what it involves. It's a reoccurring theme with the media and establishment in the UK which is how the rape gangs epidemic was allowed to go on for 20+ years with thousands of victims.

So you link to a site where a bunch of racist muppets draws the conclusion that the woman is a Somalian immigrant based on that fucking tweet? Talking about reasonable conclusions without any evidence at all? Embarrassing.

I told the truth of how I ended up finding the story through Twitter because issue was taken with it. I am not Google.

You're from Sweden so you should know how these perpetrator narratives work more than I do.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
EUozIHJXsAEd_V6

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
-> 1st Result
-> 2nd post

So...they have no proof or even reason to believe the person was Somalian? Just that they dont like Somalians and are hoping they can use this child’s murder to shit on them?

I got to be honest, I was getting tired of reading all the Covid19 news. Thank you for posting this thread. Very refreshing.

Makariel

The mentally ill unidentified attacker who murdered a 7 year old at random in which some have mentioned is a diverse part of the UK, [...]
I'm a diverse part of the UK, i.e. someone not born here, neither is my wife. So you assume we are more likely than the average person to try to behead random children? Or are you just trying to be mean because it's saturday and all the Corona news got boring?

Disappointed that MHK is posting like a ResetEra poster about this.

Yeah it's fucking savage but you can't turn away from reality. She shouldn't be dead, especially to get stabbed on the fucking street. Norf FC people are honestly garbage regardless of race.
What does this news actually contribute to the overall bigger picture for GAF members?

Reinforcing xenophobic narratives about immigrants? Yes, mass immigration is probably the worst thing to happen to many countries in terms of their sovereignty being under attack, but this bit of news is ultimately not beneficial except to those who live in that country and local area.

I could be reporting about the child who got murdered the same way in my country, but I'm more considerate of member's psychological wellbeing in this time of pandemic.

GHG

Gold Member
Seems very suspicious. You would think it very much in the public interest to know.

Let me stop you right there.

The woman who did this => no longer a threat.

Coronavirus (which is what's currently dominating the news) => still a threat, both to everyone's health and the economy for as long as this goes on.

As tragic as this story is, it doesn't take a genius to work out why this story isn't headline news at a time like this.

And your subsequent posts in this thread...

-> 1st Result
-> 2nd post

That's a hell of a "source". Good luck with that.

Last edited:
You're quoting a website populated by prehistoric old farts who spout nationalism, racist remarks and have a hard on for Enoch Powell?

Got something you want to tell us OP?

You're quoting a website populated by prehistoric old farts who spout nationalism, racist remarks and have a hard on for Enoch Powell?

Got something you want to tell us OP?
Geez, he's probably British and this news has disturbed him so he decided to make a thread about it.
I don't think he has some ulterior motive here.

Whitesnake

Banned
What does this news actually contribute to the overall bigger picture for GAF members?

Reinforcing xenophobic narratives about immigrants? Yes, mass immigration is probably the worst thing to happen to many countries in terms of their sovereignty being under attack, but this bit of news is ultimately not beneficial except to those who live in that country and local area.

I could be reporting about the child who got murdered the same way in my country, but I'm more considerate of member's psychological wellbeing in this time of pandemic.

Bro what the fuck are you talking about?

What is this bullshit of “we need to only post threads that are considerate of people’s headspaces” and “threads need to be beneficial in some way”?

Fuck off, you have no right to say what news stories people can and cannot share. Either you’re in the middle of a mental breakdown or you have some other beef with OP that you’re trying to tiptoe around, because I would’ve never expected this bitch shit from you.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I think this news needs to be reported on even more now. Anything "non corona" is being severely under-reported on. Murders, rapes, robberies, and other crimes are still happening and there are grieving families out there not getting any justice because their cases aren't getting any attention. And we are losing officers on the streets to infections who can't be there to help with these crimes.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Perfectly normal to be a 30 year old, see a little girl at the park and think "gee why haven't I stabbed her yet"? I bet whoever did this has a long criminal history or is off her rockets.
Do you need permission for all the garbage threads you make on here or do you think you're special in some way?

Just asking questions of course.

O0i15Qh.jpg

Atleast my threads are not disturbing news that could easily be avoided during a time when we use GAF as an escape from emotional turmoil.

Go seek attention somewhere else, loser.
Why are you picking fights over a news thread?

So...they have no proof or even reason to believe the person was Somalian? Just that they dont like Somalians and are hoping they can use this child’s murder to shit on them?

The word is through the grapevine that this is the case, my friend picked up somewhere and I can't find it in any of the major stories. Anecdotes in the twitter feed that someone that they know has been robbed by a group of Somalians in the same park. There's a community who have been placed there through some sort of government program? And when we consider the story being so horrific and nobody seems to know about it, well it's becoming common place in the news to not talk about this stuff in the UK.

Besides that I think everyone should know who the story and who the person is, no matter who they are. I don't see why being mentally ill gets you off scot free to a comfy secure facility after stabbing a kid in the throat.

I'm a diverse part of the UK, i.e. someone not born here, neither is my wife. So you assume we are more likely than the average person to try to behead random children? Or are you just trying to be mean because it's saturday and all the Corona news got boring?

Your wife. Do you beat your wife? Are you bad person?

I don't give a shit where you're from, if something's unclear I will talk about it until the truth is found. But weird flex, not far from having your black friend.

My longest not-white friend (FLEX cause this is important) is the one who gave me the story and questioned the identity of the those involved because of stupidly PC our media and law enforcement is. Does one have to be a brown person for it to be okay to talk or question how fucking horrific this story and why it was buried without "Are you an awful person" rhetorical questions? In other times I can remember this type of thing to go on for days in the news. A 7 year old being stabbed to a death in a public park, just roll it off your tongue friendo. Maybe it is about time we heard about the important things that aren't corona.

DESTROYA

RIP
My one question is where were the parents for this little girl?
I mean with all the social distancing if a stranger was approaching my little one I’d be pretty protective. I know things can happen in a blink of the eye but with these times you always have to be on high alert , even more so with the Wu Flu going around.
What a tragedy.

"I'm just reporting a story."

Could have ended at that.

I am not NobodyImportant. I'm not going to post "JUST SHARING" then bail and I'm not going to tell lies.

I am sharing a story that blew my mind because I didn't hear a peep about it given the nature. Usually my mother or someone would whisper it to me, small talk, "Wasn't that story awful", but nothing.... I'm also deeply concerned why the suspect is not named and is living luxuriously because they're so mentally incapable they have to be protected from any responsibility. I'm having to rely on unsavory places to have any potential clues as to the identity of the suspect. There's no end to the rabbit hole.

Searching around some more I'm still seeing word is;
Somalian immigrant
Attempted beheading

However none of these facts can be published because the perp has been deemed mentally unfit, and because of UK law they are no longer "not in the interest of the public", there is no legal process to go through for the public to find out anything more and comments sections are shutdown to prevent any speculation on the Daily Mail for example. She was also known to police, I read.

She died as a result of an "incised wound to the neck", which is typically a slicing motion, not a stab, which would be consistent with the speculations.

We're relying on shit doing the rounds on Twitter because there CANNOT BE an "official reliable source";

You need only read the replies.

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I am not NobodyImportant. I'm not going to post "JUST SHARING" then bail and I'm not going to tell lies.

I am sharing a story that blew my mind because I didn't hear a peep about it given the nature. Usually my mother or someone would whisper it to me, small talk, "Wasn't that story awful", but nothing.... I'm also deeply concerned why the suspect is not named and is living luxuriously because they're so mentally incapable they have to be protected from any responsibility. I'm having to rely on unsavory places to have any potential clues as to the identity of the suspect. There's no end to the rabbit hole.

Searching around some more I'm still seeing word is;
Somalian immigrant
Attempted beheading

However none of these facts can be published because the perp has been deemed mentally unfit, and because of UK law they are no longer "not in the interest of the public", there is no legal process to go through for the public to find out anything more and comments sections are shutdown to prevent any speculation on the Daily Mail for example. She was also known to police, I read.

She died as a result of an "incised wound to the neck", which is typically a slicing motion, not a stab, which would be consistent with the speculations.

We're relying on shit doing the rounds on Twitter because there CANNOT BE an "official reliable source";

You need only read the replies.

Yawn.

Same old tired narrative.

I remember after the recent German shisha shooting and Volksmaren car attack, all the usual suspects (including your so called twitter "sources") were pointing their fingers at immigrants and a media cover up. There was even a thread on this forum where seemingly reasonable posters were arguing that it had to be a muslim, because why else would the media not report the ID of the perpetrator?

Of course, in both cases, it turned out they were just old stock Germans.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
RIP
My one question is where were the parents for this little girl?
I mean with all the social distancing if a stranger was approaching my little one I’d be pretty protective. I know things can happen in a blink of the eye but with these times you always have to be on high alert , even more so with the Wu Flu going around.
What a tragedy.
Really? Blaming the parents? I have two kids around the same age and I am not gonna permanatly hover 2 feet from them at a park in broad daylight ever vigilant for a knife wielding psycho.
a) I would go crazy
b) God knows what kind of fucked up kid I would raise

DESTROYA

Really? Blaming the parents? I have two kids around the same age and I am not gonna permanatly hover 2 feet from them at a park in broad daylight ever vigilant for a knife wielding psycho.
a) I would go crazy
b) God knows what kind of fucked up kid I would raise
I’m not blaming anyone but the crazy person, it happened on March 22 with all the virus craziness happening and hell yeah I would keep a closer eye on my kid with the social distancing recommendations.
Kid’s are more susceptible to the Wu Flu so I ain’t letting any strangers anywhere near my kids.
Relax, maybe you don’t agree but at this time you have to be a bit more vigilant. I know I am where groups of people gather.

Karma Jawa

The British press couldn’t give a shit about covering something up because it might be race sensitive. Quite the opposite. The Daily Heil would be all over it.

It’s a horrific tragedy carried out by someone who is probably on a list for mentally ill people that excludes them from having their name publicly released.

Bigrx1

Banned
Heard nothing about this until a friend brought it up to me today..... No name of the attacker, except a mentally ill 30 year old woman now in a secure facility.

I don't see where the "seems very suspicioius" comes in. News is currently dominated by Corona and even when it isn't true crime stories often are localized to the areas they happen in, especially if it's overseas. Hell even the Lori Vallow case has mostly been pushed into obscurity with Corona going on. Plus they have no requirement to release the name of the woman there could be multiple reasons as to why. It's a sad case to be sure but I don't think there is some big secret being held from the public.

Top Bottom