• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 3| Light the signal! We've got guyposts, guyposts everywhere!

Media

I haven't had a lot of time to game, so my youngest son has been playing on my Overwatch account when I'm not on my computer.

I log in tonight and see I've jumped from level 15 to level 45 and am gold league o_O

Jesus he's good lol

When I play now people are going to be all "Wow, she sucks."

Platy

Is that what that's doing? Seems like a pretty complicated issue.

It is talking like feminism was not necessary, considering it says that gender equality wins are "the status quo, not an exception" and we all know the status quo is VERY sexist and sadly, feminist wins are still the exception.

Saw this linked on twitter and it's quite perfect:

I think the “women are mysterious” thing can also come from:

1) Women actually being quite clear, but not telling men what they want to hear. "She said she doesn’t want to talk to me? So many mixed messages and confusing signals!“

2) Women not having cheat codes. "I tried being nice, and she didn’t have sex with me. I tried being an asshole, and she didn’t have sex with me. Come on, there’s got to be some kind of solution to this puzzle!”

3) Women not being a hive mind. "First a woman told me that she likes guys with big muscles. Then the very next day a woman told me she thinks muscles aren’t attractive at all. Make up your mind, women!“

4) An individual woman doing something confusing, and instead of asking "why is she doing this now?” men ask “why do women always do this?”

Misha

Banned
Saw this linked on twitter and it's quite perfect:
related to 4
how_it_works.png

StoneFox

Sonic Boom's TV show is a strange product where it's a normal kids show most of the time except for about 20 seconds where it shatters it's own universe to deliver some form of dadaism to the confusion of viewers everywhere.

Oh god, I'm at the pool and there is a guy subtly masturbating... Disgusting and pathetic to do it in public family friendly place.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Honestly, it's fucking weird. I've had run ins with randomly masturbating dudes on several occasions. Like I don't fucking get it.

Maybe some boys can only get laid by walking thin lines and that's why they're so concerned.

Honestly? It doesn't surprise me one bit.

That's horrible, Neverforget. I'm so sorry.

Thank you. It definitely was a bad event in an otherwise awesome day.

If there's a next time, record it.

I feel dumb for not thinking of it! Man, I would have just recorded, transfered the video to the life guards to let them deal with it while I go on about enjoying my day.

Damn, I feel stupid.

Honestly, it's fucking weird. I've had run ins with randomly masturbating dudes on several occasions. Like I don't fucking get it.

First time it happened to me, I read articles about this phenomena but I have never experienced it in real life, it was kinda shocking to be honest, the dude was ok looking too, just short.

I guess I figured people who do things like that to be less "normal" looking.

ShyMel

That rape thread is sooooooooooo gross.

So many snarky comments I could make in there but I'll refrain.

Maybe some boys can only get laid by walking thin lines and that's why they're so concerned.

Yes, just about any thread dealing with rape on here goes downhill pretty fast, along with threads dealing with micro-aggressions against just about every marginalized group.

I wonder about a cross check of posters cheering outing racists and are in there saying nah.

I don't think I can roll with that today. I've got too much to do for the new semester to listen to some dudes wail about people sharing their experiences.

How dare she out a rapist in private group and talk about the traumatic event she endured after going through a legal system that failed her for two years! How dare she I say! Clearly she is barbaric and uncivilized for doing so.

I cannot possible understand the mental gymnastics the people do to spout this nonsense.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Ragggggggeeeeeeeeeee

Freaking hell. Such gross undermining of women's pains and the very real threat of rapes in our lives. Ugh. Fuk. *unintelligible frustration*

My feelings exactly. I was reading this thread this morning and kept getting so angry. I need to step back and get some work done...

Man, this thread's OT title has never been more apt!

Platy

Everyone's first instinct when they got mugged is make a new thread ... and people complain about this girl ?

Pau

I wonder if GirlGAF would like to do a book club for The Gendered Society or parts of it? It's a textbook so it's expensive unless you just borrow it from a library (like I'm doing) but I'm really interested in reading through it with some folks!

I wonder if GirlGAF would like to do a book club for The Gendered Society or parts of it? It's a textbook so it's expensive unless you just borrow it from a library (like I'm doing) but I'm really interested in reading through it with some folks!

Is that the Michael Kimmel? I could get a copy.

Man, I have been so good lately about not getting involved in controversial threads but this week I just cannot. Maybe it's the stress of my exams but I just want to go in on folks.

shiba5

It's a good thing that Junior got banned in the Nick Robinson thread because I was about to say something that would have gotten me the ban hammer. It began with the letter F.

Edit: I was off watching videos for an hour and missed Vivian James flashing her tits. What is happening?!

gaiages

Banned
Yay new thread \o/

http://www.eshakti.com/

You can choose size for EVERYTHING and neck and sleeves and EVERYTHING HAS POCKETS but it is ok you can remove it if you want (why would you YOU MONSTER)

Oh man that site is awesome, I love that you can adjust sleeve and neckline too. Sleeves have always been a problem with dresses for me... mostly that there never are any.

AND they're not overpriced to all hell!

LionPride

Banned
I always find it funny that when a racist or homophobe is outed, people on GAF will go bananas with glee, the moment someone is outed as a sexual harasser or possible rapist, people sure as shit start to come out the woodwork asking a whole lotta questions...

http://www.eshakti.com/

You can choose size for EVERYTHING and neck and sleeves and EVERYTHING HAS POCKETS but it is ok you can remove it if you want (why would you YOU MONSTER)

eShakti is amazing! They are pretty awesome about sending out coupons when you're on their mailing list too. I've gotten more than one $20 off coupon from them.

In my experience, their dresses do run a bit big, but that sort of thing varies from person to person.

I've mostly been avoiding Modcloth because of the Walmart buyout and issues inaccurate information about sizing. Probably going to cave and buy this dress before fall starts, though!

That rape thread is sooooooooooo gross.

So many snarky comments I could make in there but I'll refrain.

Both rape threads were disgusting. I'm mad about one of those threads getting closed when they did; I'd written up a big post with a lot of links, and I am mad that some gross posts never got rebutted. Plenty of posters here that aren't even trying to hide their hatred for women.

I've mostly been avoiding Modcloth because of the Walmart buyout and issues inaccurate information about sizing.

I always want to love Modcloth but yeah, you just never know what you're going to get in terms of sizing.

A friend of mine used to work for them (writing descriptions!) and she had a WILD discount so I have a ton of stuff from those days. I would go on a spree and send her a list. We were about the same size so it never stood out that she was buying tons of stuff.

ShyMel

Didn't even get through the first page of the Milkshake Duck thread without someone saying anti-abortion is just a belief and junk.

Pau

I haven't ordered a lot from ModCloth so I haven't had any issues with sizing. I just want more of their stuff. ;-;

gurrrrrl i just replied to u replying there omg

we baes fo lyfe yo

Haha. Just saw and replied. We are definitely on the same wavelength today~

Thread's pretty unsurprising, though, huh? It's like the one about the women-only concert after all the sexual assaults at the other one. No solution is good enough for guys if they perceive any disadvantage to themselves even if it doesn't involve them at all! Who cares if the scales aren't even to begin with. :p

Haha. Just saw and replied. We are definitely on the same wavelength today~

Thread's pretty unsurprising, though, huh? It's like the one about the women-only concert after all the sexual assaults at the other one. No solution is good enough for guys if they perceive any disadvantage to themselves even if it doesn't involve them at all! Who cares if the scales aren't even to begin with. :p

it's our love for coffee

it is affecting our sync ratio

and yep. pretty much as per expectations, sadly. if anything benefits only women, seems like it's actually hurtful to men????

but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many things benefits only men for a very, very long time :( dont they realize this????

also, i found the gif ^ ___ ^

ice-cream-misandry.gif

Top Bottom