• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 3| Light the signal! We've got guyposts, guyposts everywhere!

Misha

Banned
Random thought: how come you don't see any women with Jr or III's in their name?

According to Wikipedia its cause women are less likely to have the exact same name down to the middle name and cause of marriage losing the last name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffix_(name)#Generational_titles
I would assume the only cases why people give their kids the exact same name is so they have a legacy name and since women wouldn't likely retain their last name theres no reason to make sure that happens

(get well from whatever ban that is soon!)

I was reading the article about toxic fandom and I think the rise of women fans makes some of the male fans pissed because those men are aren't used to seeing women as anything other than sexual beings. The thought of a fellow woman who is asserting herself as an independent person with agency and opinions and thoughts, and not as a sexual companion who is pleasant and amenable to all the dude's thoughts, scares, confuses, and downright angers some of them.

damn us women

always ruining things

>:3

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
My fiancée isn’t a direct junior, but she does share the same name as her aunt, with the same spelling. Of course they have different last names because of patriarchy, but that’s one of the few times I’ve ever seen this happen.

Hope your ban isn’t too long =( NipplesAndToes

Linkura

My mom has the same first name as her mom, but a different middle name. Close enough. I have the same middle name as that first name.

My dad is a junior.

Soulfire

My mom and grandmother have middle names that start with the letter 'K' so my middle name does as well and I picked one for my daughter too. I like that better than doing a junior, when I worked with a credit card company I saw too many instances where people that were Jr's or Sr's got their credit screwed up by one or the other. Credit agencies have issues differentiating between them, even when the SSN are different and the addresses are too.

Media

My mom and grandmother have middle names that start with the letter 'K' so my middle name does as well and I picked one for my daughter too. I like that better than doing a junior, when I worked with a credit card company I saw too many instances where people that were Jr's or Sr's got their credit screwed up by one or the other. Credit agencies have issues differentiating between them, even when the SSN are different and the addresses are too.

Me and my three siblings all start with K. So my middle child got a K name as tribute

WaffleTaco

Most of my family on my mother's side name starts with a D. I am apparently the only child of hers that seems to want to continue the tradition. Also there are far more boy D names than girl D names.

Soulfire

Most of my family on my mother's side name starts with a D. I am apparently the only child of hers that seems to want to continue the tradition. Also there are far more boy D names than girl D names.
You could always name a daughter Deanna after Troi in Star Trek.

Media

My mom didn't give a shit, and changed Cody to Kody for a boy lol. I have a traditionally C name too that's K instead.

WaffleTaco

You could always name a daughter Deanna after Troi in Star Trek.
I was honestly thinking of this at one point, but more so because of Walking Dead (and I have only seen Star Trek Enterprise).
I've always really liked the name Dierdre for some reason
Not a bad name, certainly beats Dhalia Black . . . (this was my ex's suggestion)
My mom didn't give a shit, and changed Cody to Kody for a boy lol. I have a traditionally C name too that's K instead.
I thought about doing that for a name at one point, but am not sure of the name now. My name is technically gender neutral and would have been the same if I was a boy or a girl (Drew). My mother later told me that maybe she should've named Drewcilla or Drucilla or something. Which I am quite glad did not happen due to Buffy =p

Media

I was honestly thinking of this at one point, but more so because of Walking Dead (and I have only seen Star Trek Enterprise).

Not a bad name, certainly beats Dhalia Black . . . (this was my ex's suggestion)

I thought about doing that for a name at one point, but am not sure of the name now. My name is technically gender neutral and would have been the same if I was a boy or a girl (Drew). My mother later told me that maybe she should've named Drewcilla or Drucilla or something. Which I am quite glad did not happen due to Buffy =p

Drusilla would have been cool imo lol

Keri

I have the same name as my father (although it's spelled differently). Our name is technically unisex, but it's more common with women these days. I always thought this made me a kind of junior, though. Also, I think it's kind of neat that my parents did a cross-gender name sharing thing.

Me and my three siblings all start with K. So my middle child got a K name as tribute

LOL, my family did the same. Specifically with the letter K (although my father was a "C"). Weird how our families were all doing the Kardashian thing, at about the same time?

_Ryo_

So, this is a question that is going to seem kind of weird but with all the recent revelations I've personally been thinking it would be a good idea to join all the Gaf discords that I think are important and for threads and topics that interest me. And since this is my very first post in this thread, and I presently I identify as male, it's twice as awkward to ask.

So, my question is are men allowed to join your discord and if so what are the criteria of obtaining an invite?

So, this is a question that is going to seem kind of weird but with all the recent revelations I've personally been thinking it would be a good idea to join all the Gaf discords that I think are important and for threads and topics that interest me. And since this is my very first post in this thread, and I presently I identify as male, it's twice as awkward to ask.

So, my question is are men allowed to join your discord and if so what are the criteria of obtaining an invite?

you can join, but there are rooms which are not accessible

quote for link

Top Bottom