• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

give blood and you could get bloodborne free (Playstation Denmark and GivBlod)

iNvid02

So there is a shortage of male blood donors in Denmark apparently, this sounds like a great way to encourage donations.

Getting a copy of Bloodborne is not guaranteed. "A blow with a cube determines the premium." - I guess this means you roll dice to determine what PS4 game you win
edit: actually you can choose whichever game you prefer, the dice roll is for the bloodborne themed PS4 console

Imagine sitting there watching your blood taken from you, only to find out your reward is a copy of the order. hue hue

Computer games to attract more male blood donors

GivBlod and PlayStation Denmark has entered into a gory cooperation where blood donors can donate blood and as thanks for helping get a computer game and a chance to win a unique Bloodborne PlayStation 4.

Cooperation to encourage more men to give blood and to register as a blood donor since there is a great shortage of just male blood donors.

About the event at ITU (IT University on Amager - right at Metro st.)
Date: Monday, March 23
Time: 00 to 17.00
Room: Atrium (entrance hall)

https://givblod.dk/computerspil-skal-tiltraekke-flere-mandlige-bloddonorer/

kTzS9At.jpg

Looke

Neo Member
interesting promo, i wonder how this will affect future donation drives in denmark

also what other games are being given away...

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Gave blood for the first time recently and would recommend everyone do it if they can, such an important thing for people who need it. Would love a free copy of bloodborne for doing it mind you!

Tigress

Damn, I'm phobic of needles but this might convince me to give blood.

Except I'm not in Denmark nor am I male (and why is male blood different than female blood?).

Mets9

They pay like $35 per donation where I'm at, could just go twice and buy a guaranteed copy.
They pay to donate blood? Here you can get a day off work for donating, but they won't give you money.
Beautiful idea btw.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Getting a copy of Bloodborne is not guaranteed though, "A blow with a cube determines the premium." - I guess this means you roll dice to determine what PS4 game you win

Imagine sitting there watching your blood taken from you, only to find out your reward is a copy of the order. hue hue
If you want, Bloodborne is a guaranteed gift. You also have the option to get different games but they don't elaborate on which.

The premium that they refer to is that you also have the chance to win a Bloodborne themed PS4.

iNvid02

I think the hormone levels and RBC's differ in male and female blood slightly

If you want, Bloodborne is a guaranteed gift. You also have the option to get different games but they don't elaborate on which.

The premium that they refer to is that you also have the chance to win a Bloodborne themed PS4.

Oh cool so it is guaranteed, thats an even sweeter deal.

Dargor

Thats nice. Are there any photos of this BB themed Ps4? Should look great.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Thats nice. Are there any photos of this BB themed Ps4? Should look great.
Not on the site, but I haven't seen a good officially branded PS4 yet.
The ones I know of is just the hdd cover that is being replaced.

---

I think this is a fun campaign they thought up.

OBS! Der skal gå 60 dage, fra vi har modtaget din tilmelding, til du kan tappes første gang.

Så man skal vente i 60 dage før man kan blive tappet og få spillet ? lol

You have to wait 60 days between them recieving your registration and to actually go donate blood and get the game.

Or at least that's what I think it is.

EDIT: Oh nevermind that's just optional registering to their database. Go and donate!!

Noobcraft

Damn, I'm phobic of needles but this might convince me to give blood.

Except I'm not in Denmark nor am I male (and why is male blood different than female blood?).

Is there a difference between male and female blood?
not knockin' this campaign, just curious
It is a little bit different between men and women, but I think the campaign is just trying to get men to donate more because apparently the women in Denmark already have it down.

As far as discrimination goes, blood donations are technically discriminatory against homosexuals though, because they aren't allowed to donate blood within a year (I think) of being sexually active. This is because homosexuals are statistically much more likely to carry new strands of HIV and other bloodborne pathogens.

Hanmik

where did you read that,,? I have the press release here.. it does not say Bloodborne is a guaranteed gift..?

Top Bottom