• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GIVEAWAY - Hogwarts Legacy Meme Contest. Some Gold Too.

\
322847678_534073952018144_139770103226982016_n.jpg

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Do you just type "y'all" with nothing else? Sincerelly didn't know.
no. I use it a lot both IRL and online. I like the word because I like southern speech, it's charming and quirky if a bit unintelligible

I also use 'let that sink in' quite a bit too. "ding ding ding" is probably some of the cringiest stuff ive seen typed though

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
no. I use it a lot both IRL and online. I like the word because I like southern speech, it's charming and quirky if a bit unintelligible

Thats cool stuff dude. But Reera just type a single "y'all", thats about it. Pretty much like all the other "catch words" lmao

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Thats cool stuff dude. But Reera just type a single "y'all", thats about it. Pretty much like all the other "catch words" lmao
honestly i use quite a few of these phrases because i find them funny... it's like 20% of them are fine and then there's that other 70% which i dont associate with.

and then theres the other 10% which i use ironically because it's fucking hilarious seeing someone on the internet type out the phrase "i'm shaking and crying right now".

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
“Y’all” is being culturally appropriated by the woke idiots.

My wife had some very left-leaning friend who always used that term patronizingly in her Facebook posts, I guess to make her sound all friendly and relatable before she ranted about something that other people are doing wrong.

Like “ya’ll, a reminder that you shouldn’t use Day of the Dead decorations or costumes unless it’s a part of your culture”

cormack12

Gold Member
“Y’all” is being culturally appropriated by the woke idiots.

Yeah it's basically like digital blackface. What makes it stranger is that for me (UK) I more closely associate it with fat white southerners in the US (rednecks, hillbillies etc.) just because of media and how we see it I guess?

Outside the southern United States, y'all is most closely associated with African-American Vernacular English.

Having said that, it's as transparent as a Tory wearing rolled up sleeves when visiting biilding sites etc. Its just about the image rather than the actuality

Dick Jones

Gold Member
This took me a little bit since I actually had to go and browse the site for references...
dDBMYgE.jpg
Is that top poster still grifting? Absolute scam artist. I'm almost impressed at the utter destruction in their wake.

I know there is a bit of a photoshop here

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Yeah it's basically like digital blackface. What makes it stranger is that for me (UK) I more closely associate it with fat white southerners in the US (rednecks, hillbillies etc.) just because of media and how we see it I guess?

Yeah that’s what I mean, not black culture or even necessarily “hillbillies” but just southern US culture in general. Traditionalism, conservatism, Christianity, masculinity & femininity are embraced (instead of being treated like some defect that we need to correct), meat eating, gun ownership, traditional family & community structure, working class, self reliance, southern hospitality, etc etc

You know, pretty much everything that triggers a disgust reaction in the woke lefty types.

And yeah I’m not sure if it just started as an “irony” thing or what, but they definitely use it as a cheap way to make them sound all warm and relatable when they’re really being bitter, resentful, and judgmental.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I don't have the tools or skills to make something better or worse depending on OP's perspective lol

Top Bottom