• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GmanLives: American McGee's Alice Review - And Its Sequel

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

0:00 Intro & Premise
03:23 The Presentation
07:22 The Toys
13:38 The Enemies
16:00 The Bad
17:26 The Platforming
18:58 The Sequel
22:18 The Sequel - The Bad

Animated GIF

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Considering the sequel was a very average game (save for the general visual design), I somehow doubt that the original was this best game no one remembers.

Scotty W

Gold Member
American did some great levels for Quake, but I can’t stand this late nu-metal twisted asthetic. You know, the Slipknot and Disturbed “I learned a lot about psychology by studying serial killers” slated wall faeces.

BigBooper

I tried playing the original a few weeks ago and boy it's rough. Dropped it after a couple hours. I played the sequel though and liked it still.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I liked the first game when it came out but I have a feeling going back and playing a platformer with FPS controls today would be a nightmare.

Considering the sequel was a very average game (save for the general visual design), I somehow doubt that the original was this best game no one remembers.
It's not even the best American McGee game no one remembers. That honor belongs to Scrapland.

Last edited:

Dav-Kripler

To date, my favorite thing from American McGee. Insanely creative and honestly, these games were to Alice what Arkham asylum/city were for Batman

bender

What time is it?
Madness return was a good game that was exactly three times as longa as it should have been. What a slog.

kiphalfton

Alice Madness Returns was a third person shooter, when it should have been a more action adventure game that focused more on exploration (I mean FFS you're in Wonderland, take full advantage of that).

Top Bottom