• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Retro Trailer GmanLives: Resident Evil Survivor & Its Terrible Sequel

AlteredForms

Oct 22, 2013
You've created multiple threads surrounding Gman's videos in the past. I would recommend creating a master thread and asking the moderators for the ability to change the title.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: IbizaPocholo

stranno

Dec 7, 2016
León, Spain
Code Veronica was alright in the arcades, but the PlayStation 2 version had one of the worst controls layout I have ever seen.

I think there's a patch to improve them tho.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017
England
Why is it childish?
Because reading your comment, you sound like a child. Oh he gets to do it so I should be able to do it too? Realistically there's a better way to do both. Rather than suggest that, you make a comment that sounds like a teenager thats just been told off for doing something their friend is allowed to do even though, realistically, they probably shouldn't be able to do it.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020
Used to watch most of his reviews but man, his jokes are really getting tiresome after so many videos doing the same shit.

Because reading your comment, you sound like a child. Oh he gets to do it so I should be able to do it too? Realistically there's a better way to do both. Rather than suggest that, you make a comment that sounds like a teenager thats just been told off for doing something their friend is allowed to do even though, realistically, they probably shouldn't be able to do it.
No offense, but if he sounds like a child then you sound like some pedantic mod wannabe.

• LOL
Reactions: zaanan

Tazzu

Jul 25, 2020
Used to watch most of his reviews but man, his jokes are really getting tiresome after so many videos doing the same shit.
Yeah, like your mum! (just kidding, don't worry)

Still enjoy his reviews though, actually gives an opinion instead of being a contrarian edgelord.

I never thought I’d see a mod like this, but it’s coming along nicely

Survivor is a great game at it's core so that looks really good. Don't know why they are using low-res unfiltered 3D images for the backgrounds though.

Last edited:
Reactions: TintoConCasera

Soodanim

Feb 24, 2012
United Kingdom
Survivor is a great game at it's core so that looks really good. Don't know why they are using low-res unfiltered 3D images for the backgrounds though.
That’s par for the course with RE stuff, unless it’s a texture pack the backgrounds tend to get left as their default. On PC you can do things to suit your own tastes, so modders don’t need to waste their time only to please some and annoy others.

You can:
  • Run something like ReShade over some games to add some RetroArch-like shaders to clean things up for a more intended look
  • Be fine with original res but up-res the models
  • Use a texture pack like the RE3 HD project
  • Use whatever emulator features and settings you want (for console versions)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza
Here is some early footage of the Sony PlayStation port of Resident Evil: Survivor Redux. It's also playable on original hardware. There is a lot of polishing still required yet such as changing sound effects and more, however this video is just to document what can be done with PlayStation mods.