• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Go! Go! Kokopolo (DSiWare) |OT| of Indie, Sprite-based, Hyperactive Awesomeness!!!

Winnie the Pimp said:
i was gonna get this for SURE after those awesome impressions but what is this H boss bug exactly? i am now scared to get the game :(
When you get to the boss in World H, Kokopolo gets stuck running in place for some reason and so the boss battle doesn't start. Don't worry, I'm sure Nintendo'll put up the updated version sometime before 2015. Maybe.

nincompoop said:
When you get to the boss in World H, Kokopolo gets stuck running in place for some reason and so the boss battle doesn't start. Don't worry, I'm sure Nintendo'll put up the updated version sometime before 2015. Maybe.

do they usually patch those games then?

also: is there a way to avoid this bug and if you DO get it then what? you won't be able to progress the game anymore?

CANLI

hi Keith, I just bought the game. I hope that people as me will go on contributing on the sales of Kokopolo.
Keep the good work.
Let us know when the new version of the game is available (patch).

Greetings from belgium.

Winnie the Pimp said:
do they usually patch those games then?

also: is there a way to avoid this bug and if you DO get it then what? you won't be able to progress the game anymore?

Okay, I really giggled at your name! :lol

Tyeforce

So, I got some random inspiration from Kokopolo in my ceramics class the other day which led to this:

3IdMn.jpg

Did I make the first Kokopolo fanart? :O It's the first I've seen, at least.

And I kinda feel bad for what I said about the game's lack of polish now. I still stick by my words, but I have to remember that this game was made by a very small development team comprised of only a few people. That's quite the accomplishment, despite a few grammatical errors and other nitpicks. It really is a fantastic game, and I really hope it sells well enough for Tanukii Studios to make the 3DS and/or Wii U sequels (which would undoubtedly be much more polished, too). I would love to see Kokopolo become a successful franchise.

So... EVERYONE BUY KOKOPOLO. NOW. D:<

zigg

I would buy now, but I want to know I'm buying the fixed game. I'm not hard-hearted, I expect the fault is split here with Nintendo dragging their feet; but as a consumer I really need that done first before I buy.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
zigg said:
I would buy now, but I want to know I'm buying the fixed game. I'm not hard-hearted, I expect the fault is split here with Nintendo dragging their feet; but as a consumer I really need that done first before I buy.
I just finished the download of an update from the DE eShop.

Tyeforce said:
I can confirm that the update isn't available on the US eShop...yet. =/

but it IS on the EU shop? or at least DE then? I am based in EU so that means i can safely buy the game and get the patch then right? hmmm

zigg

Tyeforce said:
I can confirm that the update isn't available on the US eShop...yet. =/

Confirm for me when it is please :) If it's soon, I'll get into that instead of starting something else.

blu

Winnie the Pimp said:
but it IS on the EU shop? or at least DE then? I am based in EU so that means i can safely buy the game and get the patch then right? hmmm
Well, I'm not aware of a unified EU shop, so I usually get my stuff from the DE shop for convenience (prices in euro, etc). I got the update both on my 3DS and my XL (I have two copies of the game), so the update is up both on the eShop and on dsiware (again, DE).

Hi Guys!

The bug should be completely fixed in all the European versions now, so if you go onto the DSiWare store or Eshop, an update notification should automatically appear for you!
As far as I know, all save files should be kept intact too, so that's good news!

USA fix, will hopefully be sometime pretty soon too (fingers crossed), but I'll let you know :)

blu

skullomania said:
As far as I know, all save files should be kept intact too, so that's good news!
I can confirm the savefile on my 3DS is intact. I'll check tomorrow if that's the case on the XL.

zigg

Hope the update goes live tomorrow with the shop update... ready for it now.

preemptively shaking fist in NOA's direction

blu

Post-update savefile on the XL is also intact.

skullomania said:
For those that didn't manage to see the glitch in all it's glory - here is an exclusive look at how everyone most likely reacted -

Ah ah another reason why Kokopolo should be angry with those of all creatures :D

TheOGB

Banned
Dat rageface. He kinda looks like Stewie from Family Guy in the next panel too.

Downloading update

wow this is a long time for 1 block

tolkir

Completed the game. Awesome, very fun. Best game Dsiware that i have played.

I'll try to complete Go! Go! Mech Jinbe. Although it looks very hard

I just beat the game as well and will take a break before Muhahahahahaha Mode.

I hope Skullomania/Keith knows he's going to hell for the final level before the boss.

hahahahaha.

9/9.5 game for me.

I took a break waiting for the update to fix Boss H and that cost me being into the game as much and having that flow and while I was beginning to think the best ideas were all used up, the game actually finishes strong.

It's altogether brilliant, play it, fools.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I just beat the game as well and will take a break before Muhahahahahaha Mode.

I hope Skullomania/Keith knows he's going to hell for the final level before the boss.

hahahahaha.

9/9.5 game for me.

I took a break waiting for the update to fix Boss H and that cost me being into the game as much and having that flow and while I was beginning to think the best ideas were all used up, the game actually finishes strong.

It's altogether brilliant, play it, fools.

Hehehe :) - I trolled you good! ;)

RandomVince said:
Any word on it coming out on Australia's eShop? :)

:(

We didn't manage to get an Australian rating for it yet...but we hope to very soon :)
I think I heard that there was a way of changing your location in the settings to access the European titles, but I might be wrong?

Just a quick experiment open to everyone-

can you post a quick reply if you haven't ever played Kokopolo? ;)

or even better, posta reply if you are reading this, and have never heard of the game before! :)

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I have not played it, but intend to when I buy a 3DS (I only have a DSlite, no downloads!). I like the look and character of Kokopolo so I check the thread occasionally.

skullomania said:
Dunno, can't afford a 3DS until it sells more copies, lol :)

^^^^ true story bro!^^^^

:( I already did my part.

Btw, I was curious and I took a look at the categories in the eshop, to see if it was featured somewhere... and I found this:

What's bad is that Go! Go! Kokopolo is not in this category. (And I didn't find it anywhere either)

Tyeforce

Hugh Buelow said:
:( I already did my part.

Btw, I was curious and I took a look at the categories in the eshop, to see if it was featured somewhere... and I found this:

What's bad is that Go! Go! Kokopolo is not in this category. (And I didn't find it anywhere either)
It should be in that category... I'm certain I saw it in there. It's somewhere in the middle.

i heard about it due to this thread and i really would like to try it but i have SO many games in my backlog it's not funny and literally NO time at all to play games right now so yeah that's pretty much that :(

Yagharek

skullomania said:
We didn't manage to get an Australian rating for it yet...but we hope to very soon :)
I think I heard that there was a way of changing your location in the settings to access the European titles, but I might be wrong?

I missed this reply, thanks.

I'll wait til the ambassador games come out, then grab it from Europe stores if it doesn't hit Australia any time soon.

@MUWANdo

Banned
skullomania said:

You can do this on 3DS but not DSi, just so you know.

Tyeforce said:
It should be in that category... I'm certain I saw it in there. It's somewhere in the middle.
I looked again this morning and it wasn't there. It is not the first time that the game in the banner is nowhere to be found in the list. IMO, they should always put them in the list as sometime, people browse the category because the banner picked their curiosity (like I sometime do).

Tyeforce

Hugh Buelow said:
I looked again this morning and it wasn't there. It is not the first time that the game in the banner is nowhere to be found in the list. IMO, they should always put them in the list as sometime, people browse the category because the banner picked their curiosity (like I sometime do).
Huh, you're right... I swear I saw it in there last time I checked. Odd. At least Go! Go! Kokopolo has been featured in a few different shelves since its release. It's almost always in a shelf or two every week.

I should probably also mention that there is a
secret ending
in the game too...but it is so well hidden that I doubt anyone will ever find it!

Top Bottom