• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

god damn this DOOM box art is bad

Tizoc

The uninspired and simple boxarts of many video games this gen are disappointing, like the SF5 cover of Ryu crossing his arms to invoke a V-Sign.

Dio

Banned
At least there's no blue in it

Uh

O9GijpF.jpg

Serra

Bethesda doing what bethesda do. They have terrible covers always. Even Morrowind the GOAT had a boring cover.

Sullichin

You ever play DOOM before

I know you weren't talking to me but

latest

New Doom guy looks a lot more like a Master Chief / Crysis exosuit guy than this old style, with his confusingly exposed abs.

If you took off the logo and told me it was a new Crysis game I'd believe it

Looks cool to me. Too many people are trying to take this game out constantly, why is that? It looks fucking sweet to me. It's box art, anyways? Who cares? You guys judge games by their cover?

Think most people are just judging the box art. Can't wait for the game. Box art just looks bad is all.

Doesn't bother me but not nearly as awesome as this:
latest

'Course, the modern gamer market would probably actually prefer the one they went with. The darker, more "mature" box art. Blah!

The demon staring back at you on the bottom left always bothered me. Dude, fuck off. Party's over there, bro.

Overside

Banned
I like it, very 2016.

Not everyone lives in a museum thinking how shit was better some decades ago.

You know nobody actually LIKES the fact that shit was better decades ago.

We would all love games that were as good as they were 10+year ago with modern graphics.

CamHostage

do we really care this much about box art

When you're a cutting-edge company, inspiration radiates out as every member on the production focuses their creative energy into their contribution to the team effort...

So yeah, it's just box art, but in a larger context, looking at lame box art feels like yet another indicator that id Software is no longer a leader and that Bethesda isn't invested from the heart.

Uncharted 4's is similarly disappointing, but at least it has a kickass steelbook for the people who care. Does Doom have a similar edition?

Edit: Huh

338923-doom.jpg

That's hardly an improvement, IMO.

Lingitiz

When you're a cutting-edge company, inspiration radiates out as every member on the production focuses their creative energy into their contribution to the team effort...

So yeah, it's just box art, but in a larger context, looking at lame box art feels like yet another indicator that id Software is no longer a leader and that Bethesda isn't invested from the heart.

lol cmon.

Artdayne

brooding big guy walking away from the bad times.

Like holy shit, I wasn't a fan of DOOM 3's cover art but most Id games, or rather Id IPs have some pretty good box art covers. Even Rage's box art wasn't that offensive to the eyes but...man, this kind of sucks.

I've seen fanart and photoshops better than whatever the fuck this is, goddamn Bethesda/Id.

I would hope, at least, that there would be a reversible cover or something cool for the CE but even the screaming Revenant isn't that...good.

Doom: Master Chief in Hell.

This time it's personal.

oti

Banned
I would love to witness someone buying this game because of the cover.

"Yo bruh the cover has like a dude with gunz and shit it must be KILLLAAAAH dude!"

Thread idea: GAF, make a better [XY] cover in Paint

Ganondorfo

If I think about it, Doom always had generic boxarts, its not a franchise known for their artistic boxarts like Zelda, Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania.

Syf

Banned

lmao dude really

Top Bottom