• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst |OT| "We stand defiant"

RsZAlNx.png

ge2rb_packshots_usfinal.png
ge2rb_packshots_pegi12.png

PSN (Vita stand-alone link to be added) | PSN (PS4 GE2:RB pre-order + free GE:R download) | Steam (PC GE2:RB + GE:R bundle)
Developer: Bandai Namco Studio & Shift
Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
Platform: PS4(Physical/Digital), PSV (Digital only in the US, Physical/Digital everywhere else), PC (Digital only)
Genre: Action RPG/Hunting
Release Date: 08/30/2016
Rating: Teen/12+

Defy all Gods
God Eater 2: Rage Burst takes place 3 years after God Eater: Resurrection (you can visit its OT right here!).

squad-blood.png

Story

Set in 2074, 3 years after the last events of God Eater: Resurrection. A new fatal pandemic named Black Plague strikes the Far East Branch and the mortality rate is of 100%. There is no established cure. Members of the Special Force (pictured above) along with yourself - the protagonist in this story - are sent to investigate and exterminate the creatures that bring destruction to our planet: the Aragami, and to discover a way of preserving and saving the remains of humanity.

Key terms and lore

God Eater: By manipulating the "God Arc" which incorporates the same "Oracle Cell" as humanity’s natural enemy Aragami, they are the only ones who can defeat the Aragami. They are the last trump card. A person who becomes a God Eater is not just able to wield the "God Arc" but also shows a significant improvement in physical and regenerative ability. They exert a superhuman performance. Only those who passed through the adaptability test for administering "Bias Factor" of "Oracle Cell" origin is qualified to be a God Eater; however, even after the adaptation, they are required periodic administration of "Bias Factor" from their right-hand bracelet.

Aragami: Mysterious creatures that suddenly appeared in the early 2050s and began to devour the entire world. Because of the "Devour" ability, conventional weapons have been fallen flat against them. Humanity lost the majority of its population in a short period of time and civilization was cornered to the verge of collapse. In 2071, the presence of various form of Aragami, from small to large, has been confirmed but many of its ecology are still shrouded in mystery.

God Arc: Anti-Aragami Armament which was developed in a few years after the Aragami’s manifestation. God Arc is a biological weapon that has been built in the same "Oracle Cell" with Aragami. Only human beings who are adaptable with the God Arc, aka God Eaters, can wield it. There are different types of God Arc, such as melee type of sword form and long-range type of gun form. Also the development of the next generation variable form type of God Arc has underway. I highly recommend any God Eater to go through the excellent equipment page on the game's Wiki, where weapons, their stats and other important info are outlined.

Features

• Additional Story Content - "Rage Burst": In addition to the story of God Eater 2, a new chapter titled "Rage Burst" is added to the story, featuring content separated into six difficulty levels within the main quests. "Rage Burst" adds a continuation to the story of Julius Visconti's fate. By exploring the Spiral Tree, there will be encounters with some Aragami never seen before alongside with new areas.
  • Blood Rage: "Blood Rage" involves filling an Awakening Gauge by attacking enemies, and then making a pledge to the God Arc once it activates, granting various buffs to the player such as infinite HP, Strength, Dodge, etc. Temporary invincibility can be toggled during the pledge selection process, at the expense of draining the Awakening gauge. You can see it being activated and used against an Aragami here!
  • Blood Arts: The "Blood Arts" are one of the new additions in the game. Blood Arts are an "attack add-on" that can augment normal attacks of all manners into an even stronger attack, thus making it either unlock new Blood Arts, or convert existing one into a much stronger variant. Raising a Blood Art's proficiency requires going on newer missions and completing it, thus finishing a mission with a higher rank gives more experience points to the currently equipped Blood Art, as well as the other Blood Arts of the same variant. There are over 200 different ones to experiment with. You can view them on their Wiki page, but here's a sneak peek of what to expect:

• Skill Install: By accepting random occurrences from a red indicator in the mission screen, it's possible to accept "Special Duties", which are rewarded with "Abandoned God Arcs". With these, it's possible to install these Arcs' abilities into equipment. Skill effect varies depending on their level and low levels could be improved into a higher level by stacking two of the same skill. This system is called Skill Install. Both of these were a part of GE:Resurrection (guess where that game got those from, heh).
  • Character Episodes: Throughout the game, players can interact with various characters and NPCs, though they asked you to accept their invitation to a mission. Completing it will give players additional gameplay bonuses, such as materials, items, and even additional Blood Arts for some of the main characters.
  • Personal Ability System: By spending Ability Points (AP) earned from missions, it is now possible to unlock new Personal Abilities which consist of new skills and buffs to existing attributes of allied NPCs. This same system was later implemented into the first game's Remake, God Eater: Resurrection.
  • Survival Missions: Introduced in the original game as a DLC pack, players can go through a series of missions to defeat Aragamis. 'Camping Scenes' take place between missions where players can catch a glimpse of the characters doing various activities as they take a break. Survival missions have a stat meter called 'Endurance', representing the number of spawns each member has remaining.
  • Play with your friends online: Play with up to 3 additional players online to form a cooperative four man cell, perfect for taking on the most difficult of missions. There is Cross-Play between Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita users.
  • Cross-Save: Just like God Eater: Resurrection, if you own the Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita Versions (sold separately) you can transfer your save between devices so that you can either hunt at the comfort of your home on a big screen, or on the move on your handheld.
  • ...and more than the first game!: More mission variety, more and better looking environments, more unlockables, more customization, more audio tracks, more missions, and more, more, more.
FAQs

Since the release is mutual for many, I brought over most of the FAQs from the GE:R thread, with only a few new things added in.

Q: So... I heard that God Eater Resurrection game comes for free if I pre-order God Eater 2: Rage Burst... How does it work?
A: Rather than having me explain it to you, I will be showing you the official statement on the website for the games, because yes, it is confusing as heck.

US info:
beautyshot-preorder-us-digital.jpg

We’re happy to announce the release dates for our GOD EATER games coming to the Americas. GOD EATER Resurrection is coming out digitally on PS4 and PS Vita on June 28th, 2016 (Steam version will come bundled with GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst on August 30th, 2016). GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst is coming out physically on PS4 and digitally on PS Vita and Steam on August 30th, 2016. Take a look at the various special offers we have for the different platforms:

PlayStation 4 physical bundle

Pre-order the physical Limited Day-One Edition of GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst from participating retailers to receive the following items:

- GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst software
- Digital download voucher for GOD EATER Resurrection
- Digital download for exclusive DLC costumes from SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION, TALES OF ZESTIRIA and TOKYO GHOUL

PlayStation Network digital bundle

Digitally pre-order GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst for PlayStation 4 through the PlayStation Network for the following items:

- Digital download of GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst software
- Instant access to digital version of GOD EATER Resurrection when it is available June 28, 2016. Digital download for exclusive DLC costumes from SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION, TALES OF ZESTIRIA and TOKYO GHOUL

PlayStation Vita DLC Bundle

For a limited time, fans who purchase GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst through the PlayStation Network when it releases on August 30th will receive the exclusive DLC costumes from SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION, TALES OF ZESTIRIA and TOKYO GHOUL.

STEAM Bundle

Digitally pre-order the GOD EATER Resurrection and GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst bundle on STEAM to receive the exclusive DLC costumes from SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION, TALES OF ZESTIRIA, and TOKYO GHOUL.

EU, Middle East and Australia info:
beautyshot-preorder-eu-digital-1024x576.jpg

We’re happy to announce that both GOD EATER games will be bundled together in Europe, Middle East and Australia!

GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst is coming out physically and digitally on PS4, PS Vita and PC Digital the 30th of August 2016 in Europe, Middle-East, Australasia and Africa. When buying GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst, you will be offered GOD EATER Resurrection.

When buying GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst physically on PS4 or PS Vita, you will find a serial code inside the box. You will need to redeem this serial code on this website and get a PSN voucher code for the digital version of GOD EATER Resurrection. With this PSN Voucher code in hand, you’ll need to head to the PSN and download the digital version of GOD EATER Resurrection. You have until 2050 to redeem your code; 2050 marks the collapse of civilization in the GOD EATER universe.

When buying GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst digitally on the PSN for PS4, PS Vita and PC Digital, we will automatically tie GOD EATER Resurrection to the download so you will download the two games at once. Everything will be automatic, you just need to get the digital version of GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst

In a nutshell, whether physically or digitally, on PS4, PS Vita or PC: you get GOD EATER Resurrection for free when buying GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst for Europe, Middle East and Australia

So yeah there you have it.
Yes US Vita owners got shafted :'(

Q: Doesn't that mean I could just import the EU version??
A: You could. But the code to access GE:RB wouldn't work if you aren't a part of that region.

Q: Dang it. I may just go for the PS4 version then instead... But all my friends are going for the Vita version...
A: No worries there, there is cross-play between the two! Sadly as of now the two console versions cannot communicate with PC players.

Q: I'm a PC player. Do I get my sweet 60fps?
A: Yes you do. And not only that, you also get support for resolutions above 1080p.

Q: I heard that the game got censored?
A: Yeah, blood was toned down, most likely due to ratings.

Q: Does the game come with dual-audio?
A: No. If it's a deal breaker though, you have the option to turn the voices in-game off and play with subtitles only.

Q: Sell me on this game. I like [insert Monster Hunter, Toukiden, Souls, your favourite action or hunting game here], will I like this game?
A: First of all let's put this out there, this is indeed an action/hunting game. NO IT IS NOT ANY OF THOSE GAMES. Will you enjoy it if you liked any of the ones I outlined (or more, again general question)? The game is a fast paced hunting game that emphasized on stamina management as you deal the most damage possible. You have tools in your arsenal that allow you to be super aggressive towards Aragami, namely your God Arc that allows for you to use your Blade or Gun, and you have special abilities that allow you to be faster and deal more damage. In order to fully tap into the game's potential you need to Devour monsters as you do your combos in order to enhance your abilities and make yourself faster. Again, the game is all about speed and management. Bullets shot at enemies are replenished by hitting them with your blade, so you must balance when to use either. Bullets too are highly customizable, in an infinitely deep system that allows for you to create your very own Bullet. Want a suction bullet that twirls around monsters for a few moments before exploding a leaving little fragments behind to deal more damage? Want a boomerang effect bullet that ricochets off of monsters? Your options are endless. Lastly comes the crafting. Armour in this game isn't the same as in, let's say Monster Hunter, that allows you to get different skills or enhance different stats. You are able to craft costumes, but those are cosmetic. The craftable items that allow you to change your character come in the form of items called Upgrades. As outlined previously weapons too can be enhanced with skills both from crafting and from finding Abandoned God Arcs. Lastly, Blood Arts allow you to fully customize your attacks giving them different animations and effects/damage. So there you have it. Now I ask you, think the game is for you?

Extras

God Eater 2: Rage Burst Male Version Opening (VIDEO)
God Eater 2: Rage Burst Female Version Opening (VIDEO)
JP PV #1 (VIDEO)
JP PV #2 (VIDEO)
JP PV #3 (VIDEO)
God Eater 2: Rage Burst - Announcement Trailer | PS4, Vita, PC (VIDEO)
"We Stand Defiant" (VIDEO)
God Eater 2 Rage Burst - PS4/PS Vita/PC - It's time [Launch Trailer] (VIDEO)
Developer Diary #1 (VIDEO)
Developer Diary #2 (VIDEO)
Developer Diary #3 (VIDEO)
God Eater franchise timeline (WEB)

Reviews

Destructoid - 8/10

Cubed3 - 8/10

The SixthAxis - 8/10

RPG Site - 7/10

Push Square - 7/10

God Eater GAF Friends List - Join us!

2016-06-08-16-09-59-God-Eater-2-Soma-Alisa-Kota-e1434563953463.jpg

You can find the link to the form here, hidden in EMAIL tags (quote to see)

or the link to the spreadsheet here

Final words

CGA0_PTUIAAVyL3.jpg

It's been a long way, and a longer wait for those of us here in the West. As such on my behalf I'd like to thank those who made everything happen:

Special thanks goes to everyone involved in bringing the series over to the West once again, as well as all the sources I got my information from, such as the official website and the super helpful wiki. Anything you can find here, you can find there and much, much more.

Another huge thanks to ChrisDM for offering himself to proofread this thread!

And once more of course, I want to thank Sal Romano over at Gematsu for having a great source of news and media which helped a lot with the creation of both this and God Eater: Resurrection's OTs!

Kysen

Finally you get to experience the real God eater, easily the best game out of all the releases. So much content.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Played and cleared the story mode when it was released here in Japan and I have to say that RB was by far my favorite God Eater series game (tried Burst and Resurrection, finished 2). Loved the new mode, made the fights feel even more like (the good) anime.

I think clearing the story took me about 55 hours? Might be wrong on this one, it's been a while.

Very very excited, my copy is on its way.

So far, for EU physical copies at least, it seems like the included voucher for GE:R will give you the game for both Vita and PS4. The digital pre-order on PSN does as well.

No idea about NA

Lanrutcon

Coming from Monster Hunter: this the same? hunt the beast, grab components, make cool gear, hunt scarier shit?

Thoraxes

A friend and I will probably grab this on PC during the holidays to play.

Though, if someone mods in an undub on the Steam version, I will be there even faster.

Coming from Monster Hunter: this the same? hunt the beast, grab components, make cool gear, hunt scarier shit?

Lucky for you, I added an answer to your question on the OT!

Q: Sell me on this game. I like [insert Monster Hunter, Toukiden, Souls, your favourite action or hunting game here], will I like this game?
A: First of all let's put this out there, this is indeed an action/hunting game. NO IT IS NOT ANY OF THOSE GAMES. Will you enjoy it if you liked any of the ones I outlined (or more, again general question)? The game is a fast paced hunting game that emphasized on stamina management as you deal the most damage possible. You have tools in your arsenal that allow you to be super aggressive towards Aragami, namely your God Arc that allows for you to use your Blade or Gun, and you have special abilities that allow you to be faster and deal more damage. In order to fully tap into the game's potential you need to Devour monsters as you do your combos in order to enhance your abilities and make yourself faster. Again, the game is all about speed and management. Bullets shot at enemies are replenished by hitting them with your blade, so you must balance when to use either. Bullets too are highly customizable, in an infinitely deep system that allows for you to create your very own Bullet. Want a suction bullet that twirls around monsters for a few moments before exploding a leaving little fragments behind to deal more damage? Want a boomerang effect bullet that ricochets off of monsters? Your options are endless. Lastly comes the crafting. Armour in this game isn't the same as in, let's say Monster Hunter, that allows you to get different skills or enhance different stats. You are able to craft costumes, but those are cosmetic. The craftable items that allow you to change your character come in the form of items called Upgrades. As outlined previously weapons too can be enhanced with skills both from crafting and from finding Abandoned God Arcs. Lastly, Blood Arts allow you to fully customize your attacks giving them different animations and effects/damage. So there you have it. Now I ask you, think the game is for you?

Mephala

Yes. If nothing has changed from GEB then you don't need armor other than for aesthetics it is mostly just weapons and bullets crafting.

The biggest difference is the pace of the combat. Pattern recognition and knowing the ins and outs of your weapons are just as important. You get AI allies to help you in this, not just a cat.

Ah, I see.

One q: is each character bound to use certain gear, or is it like MH where you can equip what you want?

I should probably hit the wiki.

You have multiple types on weapons that you can utilize. Combinations of melee, ranged and shields, that can be taken even further thanks to this game's over 200 Blood Arts systems. This wasn't present in the first game and it gives an even larger pool of moves and skills to add to your already pretty large arsenal of weaponry that you can mix and match.

And yes, please do. I was going to bring all of the stuff from the wiki to the thread, but it was long enough as was. All important links are on the first post.

Lanrutcon

You have multiple types on weapons that you can utilize. Combinations of melee, ranged and shields, that can be taken even further thanks to this game's over 200 Blood Arts systems. This wasn't present in the first game and it gives an even larger pool of moves and skills to add to your already pretty large arsenal of weaponry that you can mix and match.

And yes, please do. I was going to bring all of the stuff from the wiki to the thread, but it was long enough as was. All important links are on the first post.

Thanks. Looks pretty sweet, and 60 fps to boot.

Thanks. Looks pretty sweet, and 60 fps to boot.

Yeah PC folks get the sweet 60fps. Us console users don't, but we do get cross-fade and cross-play between PS4 and Vita, which is neat. For me I loved going through the first game on both consoles, playing on the Vita during my lunch break at work, and transferring over to my PS4 when I arrived home.

My copy should arrive on Wednesday. I hope I don't get burned out playing GE:R first.

FYI, GER is massive. Like 60hrs min to clear the campaign missions only, without straying much. GE2RB is even larger, with even more features added. :p

Don't think of GER as some throw away product just because it was added as a pre-order incentive. Both games will last you very, very, very long.

FYI, GER is massive. Like 60hrs min to clear the campaign missions only, without straying much. GE2RB is even larger, with even more features added. :p

Don't think of GER as some throw away product just because it was added as a pre-order incentive. Both games will last you very, very, very long.

I was wondering how far I could get in GER in a week since Cold Steel II is out soon and I'll drop everything.

I guess not far

I was wondering how far I could get in GER in a week since Cold Steel II is out soon and I'll drop everything.

I guess not far

LOL 1 week. You are funny :') I'd say it's pretty safe to say you have around 150hrs of purely story content between both games. This is without touching online or even any of the side/character quests.

I played the first game for an entire month and a half since launch in the US, every day and still wasn't able to finish off the Burst section of the storyline in time. And in GER's case, Burst is very much where the game gets more interesting mechanically, since it was a section added to the Vanilla game, akin to the Ultimate editions of MH.

Saphirax

Oh, no - I'm actually looking forward to playing both :D. I'd just prefer not to quit halfway or something because I got burned out. It'd take me ages to return to the game(s).

I'll just pace myself; start with GE:R, hopefully finish it and then play something else before I start GE2:RB.

heringer

I think the fact GER will last long is precisely the root of his concern (about being burned out).

LOL 1 week. You are funny :') I'd say it's pretty safe to say you have around 150hrs of purely story content between both games. This is without touching online or even any of the side/character quests.

I played the first game for an entire month and a half since launch in the US, every day and still wasn't able to finish off the Burst section of the storyline in time. And in GER's case, Burst is very much where the game gets more interesting mechanically, since it was a section added to the Vanilla game, akin to the Ultimate editions of MH.

I guess I'll try and dedicate October to it then since CS II will probably take me a month as well

Pretty ridiculous how much game we're getting in one package here

Yeah, it was nice of them to include GER as a preorder bonus, but man I wish they had released it sooner. It's great that we get both games, but I wish they spread em out more. I didn't realize the first game was sooo long, and I've put so much time into and am still not close to being finished. I'm not ready for GE2 yet >_<

LAA

Gonna play GE:R first I guess finally now.
One minor thing I notice though which annoys me. The GE2 RB intro seems pretty compressed/pixelated, and the GE:R intro seems fine, (at least on the vita).
Doubt they'll fix it, but just a waste of the Vitas beautiful screen.

I think the fact GER will last long is precisely the root of his concern (about being burned out).

I know that, that's why I warned him. I myself had to pull away from the game in order to give myself a break. GE2RB just has so much more variety and micromanagement going on, that when compared to GER it is just much better. However the ideal would be to experience both games of course.

Yeah, it was nice of them to include GER as a preorder bonus, but man I wish they had released it sooner. It's great that we get both games, but I wish they spread em out more. I didn't realize the first game was sooo long, and I've put so much time into and am still not close to being finished. I'm not ready for GE2 yet >_<

Even though the US got access to GER so early, it still wasn't enough time for me to beat it. It goes to say just how long the game is. You really do get a huge bang for your buck here in terms of how much content there is. GE2RB alone is insane.

Nice OP name, hope you're feeling better!

Pre-ordered my copy on friday. Cannot wait to play it which will be some time off because also I need to play GE:R first. I played the first GE game but never finished.

Nice OP name, hope you're feeling better!

Pre-ordered my copy on friday. Cannot wait to play it which will be some time off because also I need to play GE:R first. I played the first GE game but never finished.

Thanks! Yeah I had bigger plans for the OP, but my health caught me off guard. Hopefully this is enough for folks to at least get a bit of info and know where to go on the Wiki if necessary!

CmdBash

Game seems to be lengthy enough, but how's the mission and monster variety in this game? Will I be fighting reskins of the same type 100 times over?

Arizato

Got my copy for PS4 today! Currently downloading God Eater: Resurrection. I bought this completely blindly, so I hope I will like it!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Really tempted to give it a go, but looks super casual

Not exactly, since the game throws you against multiple aragami pretty fast and if you are not good at the game it will kick your ass due to taking more damage than you can heal yourself.

Though on the flip side if you understand the bullet system well later in game once you have all of the bullet types unlocked it is hilariously easy to break the game.

Just dont expect the same level of polish as Monster Hunter with the type of melee combos you can do. But for a fine balance between melee / ranged also a better sense of speed this game has it.

But yeah its not really a casual title as you need to be adept to a certain extent in action games if you plan on making it through. The AI can carry you some of the way but they cant do everything for you.

sensui-tomo

I noticed the game was on sale thanks to CAG and Slickdeals for $41.99 on this site.
http://www.dlgamer.us/download-god_eater_2_rage_burst-pc_games-p-36783.html
if anyone has bought from them before(from gaf) it'd make this a good deal with some validity.

Not exactly, since the game throws you against multiple aragami pretty fast and if you are not good at the game it will kick your ass due to taking more damage than you can heal yourself.

Though on the flip side if you understand the bullet system well later in game once you have all of the bullet types unlocked it is hilariously easy to break the game.

Just dont expect the same level of polish as Monster Hunter with the type of melee combos you can do. But for a fine balance between melee / ranged also a better sense of speed this game has it.

But yeah its not really a casual title as you need to be adept to a certain extent in action games if you plan on making it through. The AI can carry you some of the way but they cant do everything for you.
Been meaning to ask, in GE:R i had a setup where i was basically jumping up going in a targeted downward dash toward the enemy which made getting those awakening shots (whatever the term was that ammo you got for devours... it was broken to me in the sense that i could get 9 devores done almost instantly without any issue besides stamina... is that the same in this game?)
basically for short are the devour techniques the same in GE2 as they are in GE:R or do enemies have ways to defend against it?

I noticed the game was on sale thanks to CAG and Slickdeals for $41.99 on this site.
if anyone has bought from them before(from gaf) it'd make this a good deal with some validity.

Been meaning to ask, in GE:R i had a setup where i was basically jumping up going in a targeted downward dash toward the enemy which made getting those awakening shots (whatever the term was that ammo you got for devours... it was broken to me in the sense that i could get 9 devores done almost instantly without any issue besides stamina... is that the same in this game?)
basically for short are the devour techniques the same in GE2 as they are in GE:R or do enemies have ways to defend against it?

There are no devour techniques in GE2RB. You have Blood Arts instead. Over 200 of them with different animations, skills, etc.

Is the original game included even if the game isn't prepurchased.

Yeah, as it is a bundle. Read the OP carefully, it all depends on region/systems. I put a pretty extensive couple of sections to explain it.

Can i transfer my character from ge1 to 2 or is it a new character from scratch?

They were going to do it, but unfortunately, no. Also there are story reasons, so you wouldn't be playing with your character anyway. It's a brand new protag, your old character would be present but not playable. That being said Resurrection doesn't communicate with GE2RB. Burst did.

sensui-tomo

There are no devour techniques in GE2RB. You have Blood Arts instead. Over 200 of them with different animations, skills, etc.

Yeah, as it is a bundle. Read the OP carefully, it all depends on region/systems. I put a pretty extensive couple of sections to explain it.
Nobody got time for that sadly.

Can i transfer my character from ge1 to 2 or is it a new character from scratch?

New character from scratch, remember GE:R was made after GE2:RB

Azuardo

Cubed3 - 8/10

To those players who always were interested with the hunting genre of games but couldn't get on with Monster Hunter, God Eater 2: Rage Burst may be the game for you. It's like an "Arcade" version of Monster Hunter, thriving on fast action and fun combat, while still capturing the feel of the genre. It has an engaging story, fun gameplay, and a mammoth amount of content - perfect for anyone searching for a game to really sink their teeth into.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Its the same basically as being able to do that is part of having skill with the title. Including the devour attacks that you can combo into moves. Would piss off fans more than anything if they actually did change that. With how the game was on the PSP vs now would say that its improved in a positive direction.

Only real "defense" are enemies that have AOE type of attacks which would hit the player while trying to get a bite off. Though that is just more a response based on proximity rather than specific moves done to it.

Wait are you talking about the specific stuff added into the remake? or the actual standard move of devouring an enemy which can be worked into combos. As if you mean the new moves which were added to the original game, then yeah as stated above those are not in as the Blood system is present.

Rephin

Midnight can't come soon enough. Been wanting to play this for a while and had no hope for it coming out here after Gods Eater Burst didn't fare so well on PSP. Glad they gave it a chance.

Zafir

Looking forward to giving it another shot. Remember playing it on PSP, but the controls weren't exactly comfortable, like any hunting game.

Do we know the unlock time for it on Steam? The store page doesn't have a timer for some reason for me. I assume it'll be the usual 5/6PM GMT on Tuesday.

Top Bottom