• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst |OT| "We stand defiant"

Mentok

Banned
Lol I am soooo lost with the bullet editor (only BB3, so not in any hurry to create bullets). Most of the bullets I create don't seem to increase their effectiveness.

Yes they do but it depending on which part. Kongou for example, have its tail weak to slash, hind legs weak to pierce, and head weak to crush. Sometimes they tell you about this in the mission description but for most part you have to look it up online or experiment it on your own.

Yeesh that sounds complicated, wonder why they made it that way when the elemental stuff is straight forward.

Shengar

Yeesh that sounds complicated, wonder why they made it that way when the elemental stuff is straight forward.

Probably to make team loadout diversified and not focused on one type of damage.

Anyway, Jesus fuck Kanon stop shooting your flamethrower and sparkthrower at me after you heal me.

There's a long blade rank 4 that has all 4 elemental damage on it- is it a good idea?

How does elemental weakness works? It's just reduced damage right?

So if say I whack the crocodile with that sword the spark damage would be reduce, but the damage from the other elements would make up for it right?

Ephidel

There's a long blade rank 4 that has all 4 elemental damage on it- is it a good idea?

How does elemental weakness works? It's just reduced damage right?

So if say I whack the crocodile with that sword the spark damage would be reduce, but the damage from the other elements would make up for it right?
You won't be dealing four lots of damage because it has all the elements, the elements just change the attribute of the damage you are doing.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that in that sword's case it will ignore the weak and irrelevant elements and just use the strong one.

You won't be dealing four lots of damage because it has all the elements, the elements just change the attribute of the damage you are doing.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that in that sword's case it will ignore the weak and irrelevant elements and just use the strong one.

If so that sounds like a keeper! Especially against new bosses.

Boogins

So I'm looking to get this on my vita soon after finishing up resurrection's last missions. Do I get anything for having a save from resurrection?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Finished the main arc.
local idol save everything
the pacing was terrible during difficulty 5, other than that, its good

So I'm looking to get this on my vita soon after finishing up resurrection's last missions. Do I get anything for having a save from resurrection?

Nothing, since GE resurrection released after GE2RB. Transfer save functionality work from God eater Burst to GE2->GE2RB

Shengar

How many mission are there in GER? I want to enjoy my playthrough, then I remember there's God Eater 2 to tackle and focus my time there.

Ascheroth

How many mission are there in GER? I want to enjoy my playthrough, then I remember there's God Eater 2 to tackle and focus my time there.

There are 13 story difficulties, Difficulty 14 and a lot of Challenge missions after that as well as the 2 Predetor Packs with missions ranging from Difficulty 13-14.
If you exclude all the free missions there are 124 story missions.

Shengar

There are 13 story difficulties, Difficulty 14 and a lot of Challenge missions after that as well as the 2 Predetor Packs with missions ranging from Difficulty 13-14.
If you exclude all the free missions there are 124 story missions.

That's an awful lot of mission. I'll probably take a break after I finished with GER first before tackling GE2RB. Thanks!

Also anyone know when bullet editor accessible?

Mephala

You mean in GE2RB or GER? I think both are accessible straight away but I could be wrong about GER.
Just go to your bullets menu, find empty slot and hit triangle to bring the menu. Or do so on an existing bullet to clone and tamper with it.

Shengar

You mean in GE2RB or GER? I think both are accessible straight away but I could be wrong about GER.
Just go to your bullets menu, find empty slot and hit triangle to bring the menu. Or do so on an existing bullet to clone and tamper with it.

Silly me, I never thought it's how you access the bullet editor lol

Well, the bullet editor looks pretty complicated. Anyone willing to give a trick or two? I know SkyOdin make a good post about this. Maybe I should read that.

Ascheroth

Finally started Rage Burst yesterday, after finishing most everything in Resurrection. (Here's some sort of review gibberish I wrote about it)

Lack of predator-styles took some time getting used to, but it definitely makes the game more challenging, since now Devouring actually has some risks again.
The Blood Arts are really cool. They open up a whole new layer of melee-customization and are a nice incentive to switch weapon types.
The 2 new maps I've seen so far look way better then the old ones and I like how they feel more spacious. I also like how there are way more weaker Aragami around during missions.
The few new Aragami I've met so far are also a huge step above the old ones. Makes me excited for what's still to come (Difficulty 2 right now, at the point where
Ciel awakened her Blood Power
).

Story is interesting so far and I like the new cast.
Dub is alright. I like the voices, but the mixing is... weird at times and I feel like the delivery is really dry compared to Resurrection, but it's alright.

Hikami

I've been playing this on Vita and feel like I should've gotten it on PS4 or PC..

Anyways, liking the game a lot more than I thought. I was kinda meh at the start but then I unlocked blood arts and that made it a lot more fun.

CmdBash

Thinking of picking this up the two games on the steam sale for $33.49, is there any news that they'll be fixing the audio issues in 2?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Finished rage burst arc and epilogue. Yeah, that was good. There's way too many survival mission during the story though, which i thing kinda ruin the pacing. Other than that, i like it. I clock around 70 hours, and i haven't done hard or special mission!

I wonder if anyone is still playing this? Just started playing this. It's even better than ressurection I think. Can't wait for three! Anyone know if it sold well?

Shengar

I wonder if anyone is still playing this? Just started playing this. It's even better than ressurection I think. Can't wait for three! Anyone know if it sold well?

Steamspy shows that GE2RB have sold 60k copies on Steam. Not very good, but not bombing either in my standard. I don't know Bamco expectation on this sadly.

mstevens

I finished up GER yesterday and jumped right into this one. I'm really liking it! I played long sword and sniper (mostly sniper) in GER, so I'm going with a scythe focus this play through. I really like the blood arts.

Ascheroth

I finished up GER yesterday and jumped right into this one. I'm really liking it! I played long sword and sniper (mostly sniper) in GER, so I'm going with a scythe focus this play through. I really like the blood arts.

I played mostly Buster Sword / Sniper in Resurrection, so I figured I'd go with Blast Gun and a different weapon for 2.
Tried all the melee weapons and had generally fun with all of them, but something didn't click and I didn't have as much fun as in Resurrection. Figured it were the missing Predetor styles and I'd get used to it sooner or later.
But that nagging feeling didn't go away. Then I figured I'd just use the Buster Blade again, since it was my fave weapon in GER. Started great, but something still felt off. Fights against larger Aragami felt like a slog, like they took longer then they should, coming from GER.
And then today I just said 'screw it' and replaced my Blast Gun with a Sniper again. And lo and behold, it's fucking awesome again.

What do I want to say with all this? Dunno.
I just wanted to say that Snipers are great. And Buster Blades.

caliph95

Asking question for Australian/European user. If i buy this game on the psn since i can't find digital will it allow to separate the games so it wouldn't eat up my memory. As giving me the option to only download 2 but leave ressurection. Cause as of right now 13 gbs for download is too much

mstevens

So I'm about to hit end game. Is there a general consensus on the best scythe, buster gun, and shield to craft? I don't want to waste mats on creating something if there's something better out there.

Shengar

So should I play the first game?

Just got this in from best buy and im not sure if the stories relate.

The story is related, but if you want to just smack monsters, then you can play 2 right a way.

Though if you have Resurrection, the remade version of the first game, you should try it ayway since it contain not just story but gameplay that unique to it as well.

Rymuth

Started this yesterday.

- Julius is coming across as a bit unhinged...

- No personal quarters? Shame. I get they were superfluous in Resurrection but their inclusion gave the guys some personality

- Also, haha, never realized the Scythe is the weapon on the cover and I ended up picking it up as my main (or perhaps I did see it from the corner of my eye and chose that weapon subconsciously? Hmmmm...)

Edit: Yeah, after catching up with this thread, I agree - the audio mixing is garbage at times.

How long is this game? Longer or shorter than Resurrection (which I admit, ended up putting down with the second arc with
Lindow's Resurrection
and didn't bother with the barebones 3rd arc)

Ascheroth

Started this yesterday.

- Julius is coming across as a bit unhinged...

- No personal quarters? Shame. I get they were superfluous in Resurrection but their inclusion gave the guys some personality

- Also, haha, never realized the Scythe is the weapon on the cover and I ended up picking it up as my main (or perhaps I did see it from the corner of my eye and chose that weapon subconsciously? Hmmmm...)

Edit: Yeah, after catching up with this thread, I agree - the audio mixing is garbage at times.

How long is this game? Longer or shorter than Resurrection (which I admit, ended up putting down with the second arc with
Lindow's Resurrection
and didn't bother with the barebones 3rd arc)

It's definitely longer, but that is also partly due to it having a lot more optional missions, so I'm not sure how it compares if you just play the story missions.

I found the audio mixing also gets better after a while, so there is that at least (or it's just placebo).

Ogawa-san

I've beaten it last week and was clocking close to 90h by the time I was "done" - all story missions, character episodes
(including those unlocked later)
, missions under extras and some but not all optional ones. But I guess it was inflated a tad because at some points I had to stop and grind, like that
infamous 4-step survival mission with Livie, she was totally underdeveloped and so was my gear, 4 ranks behind
, or those light grinds to up character "affinities" to unlock their next character episode.

It's a far meatier game than GE:R, that's for sure. Really liked it.

Rymuth

Okay, I really need to share how incredibly stupid the Gil flashback was. For one, it went on for way too long.

For two,
rather than transforming his God Arc into a gun and blowing Kate's head off, he decides to kill her with a blunt end of his weapon. I just pictured him not being able to kill her with one hit and he got forced to bash her repeatedly until death and I lost it!

MissChief

I accidentally found a loop hole in Steam's pre-order bonuses. When the game first came out I bought it and played it for about 30 minutes. But in retrospect I had too much other games that I wanted to finish first, so I returned it.

So, during last Steam winter sales I rebought the game at a discounted price, and guess what, all the pre-order stuff are still here, GE-R and the costumes ;)

Ascheroth

I accidentally found a loop hole in Steam's pre-order bonuses. When the game first came out I bought it and played it for about 30 minutes. But in retrospect I had too much other games that I wanted to finish first, so I returned it.

So, during last Steam winter sales I rebought the game at a discounted price, and guess what, all the pre-order stuff are still here, GE-R and the costumes ;)

Resurrection isn't a preorder bonus.
Might be because they don't remove your 'license' but only deactivate it (since achievements are probably not lost as well) and just activate it again when you rebuy it, so the 'preorder bonus' stays with you.

I really wouldn't advise trying to exploit that loophole though, because Valve can just ban you from the entire refund system on misuse.

Rymuth

Finished the main storyline but I'm not going to continue to the next arc. The story in this one, I felt, wasn't as good as the first. GE felt like it was leading up to something - this was lower in scope.

Will be back for GE3 when that comes out!

pariah164

Apologies for the necro, but I was considering picking up either this game, or Resurrection. I've never played GE before. Should I go from this one, or play the first one due to story reasons?

Top Bottom