• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 3 announced

Bandai-Namco just announced God Eater 3.
No plattforms yet.

01t7sn5.png

02dfsz5.png

03cvs3w.png

Description:

After the successful launch of God Eater 2: Rage Burst, leading video game publisher and developer Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia announces that it will be bringing God Eater 3 that is totally upgraded from last series, the latest iteration of the monster slaying action RPG series. God Eater 3 is developed for home console.

A lot of years have been passed from the last battle. The earth is not anymore the place humans were used to live. The Aragami, terrifying beats are still raging around the world creating misery and destruction. To save the world and re-establish the balance new heroes has been raised – the God Eaters – man who have been gifted or cursed with new version of the God Arc weapons – special implants powered by Aragami cells. Team up with your other God Eaters to take down monstrous new Aragami that are tearing apart locations around the globe. But this won't be your only mission, something is happening to the God Eaters and the line between dark and light has never been so thin... It's time to start breaking free from the cursed shackles that bind the soul of the God Eaters while the battle will rush as never before...

Edit 1: Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMXG2-RA4eM&feature=youtu.be

Edit 2: The keywords from the Trailer are
"keywords":["God Eater","Monster Hunter","Dark Souls","Code Vein","PlayStation 4","Action RPG","RPG","Console Game","Gaming","XboxOne","PC","Aragami","Final Fantasy"]

Edit 3: BN Asia Press release:
After the successful launch of God Eater 2 Rage Burst, leading video game publisher and developer BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Asia announces that it will be bringing GOD EATER 3 that is totally upgraded from last series, the latest iteration of the monster slaying Action RPG series. GOD EATER 3, developed for home console will be available across Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia,Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia).

ggx2ac

I'll spoil the platforms, it's coming to everything but Switch.

If you want it on Switch, Bandai Namco execs want to see you begging for it.

Laplasakos

Don't care about the platforms. From the screens i like what i am seeing and it looks similar to Code Vein.

They'll probably want to release Code Vein first before fully revealing GE3's features. My guess is GE3 won't release within the next 12 months.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
Is it just me or do none of these MH knockoffs do well? Like how many God Eaters or Toudiekens do we really need?

Kyoufu

I don't know why companies announce games but not the platforms said games are for. Why does it have to be a mystery?

Ydelnae

I don't know why companies announce games but not the platforms said games are for. Why does it have to be a mystery?

I guess they make people who own any platform check the game because it could be coming to a platform they own. Once they are interested in the game and are looking forward to playing it, if it's revealed that it is releasing in a platform they don't own, there's a chance they will eventually buy that plaftorm to play the game.

It also keeps the talk going about the game when the only thing to discuss are a pair of screenshots and a logo.

wrowa

And for so long to boot. They‘ve showed the first GE3 teaser an eternity ago and they still don‘t name the platforms. Which is especially bizarre because it’ll just end up releasing on the platforms everyone’s expecting anyway (PS4, PC).

Rymuth

Reminds me of Code Vein.

I think it's just part of their marketing strategy.

Code Vein had an expose in a Playstation magazine, so that kind of was a sly way of unveiling the platform.

You thinking this is another sign they want Microsoft to come over and negotiate an Xbox port?

Funny thing is that despite everything Capcom did to turn people off of MH XX on Switch, it still sold WAY more than the God Eaters on PS4 in Japan IIRC.

Is it just me or do none of these MH knockoffs do well? Like how many God Eaters or Toudiekens do we really need?

I'm pretty sure they do decently. Obviously none of them sell at the rate of MH, but God Eater has definitely been a success given its various games, remakes, anime and figures.

sublimit

Banned
Didn't Spencer visit Namco in his trip to Japan?Maybe that's why they haven't announced platforms yet.

I'm joking obviously.

Laplasakos

Funny thing is that despite everything Capcom did to turn people off of MH XX on Switch, it still sold WAY more than the God Eaters on PS4 in Japan IIRC.

I don't know what this has to do with the thread but since when GE is comparable with MH in terms of sales?

I don't know what this has to do with the thread but since when GE is comparable with MH in terms of sales?

Just saying that what's literally a late port of a game that already sold over a million on 3DS, against the announcement of a new HD mainline game on everything else, sold more than the previous God Eater games on PS4 which IIRC were simultaneously released on both PS4 and Vita.

Meaning Switch is 100% a viable system for God Eater 3 to be on. Bandai Namco going by history will disagree for whatever reason, you know it, I know it.

Laplasakos

Just saying that what's literally a late port of a game that already sold over a million on 3DS, against the announcement of a new HD mainline game on everything else, sold more than the previous God Eater games on PS4 which IIRC were simultaneously released on both PS4 and Vita.

One is the best selling 3rd party franchise of the decade in Japan and the other is a franchise where only two titles managed to crack 500k. Of course MH would sell more.

One is the best selling 3rd party franchise of the last decade in Japan and the other is a franchise where only two titles managed to crack 500k. Of course MH would sell more.

Granted. But to me XX always seemed like a last minute low key release, it was no MH5 obviously.

Whatever, you see my point. :p

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
PS4/PC and MAYBE Switch?
Vita is basically dead in NA and EU.
Bandai Namco will rather release it on the dead Vita than Switch.

But if you beg hard enough they “might consider to planning to port it to Switch”

Top Bottom