• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 3 announced

blackjon24

God eater was my gateway to monster hunter and other hunting games but when I went back to god eater with resurrection on ps4 I couldn't get into it any more.

Games like soul sacrifice and freedom wars were definitely a better take on the genre. This should have been freedom wars 2

Cool to finally get a reveal, new twin blades lookin mighty fine!

Though somehow I feel like the game doesn't look as detailed as Code Vein?

Everything looks a tad step down in comparison, though will wait for better quality footage before I say anything else.

That being said, glad to see GE back!

Also seems like we got a new mobile game too? :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKNyeZvnT4U

Ridley327

Cool to finally get a reveal, new twin blades lookin mighty fine!

Though somehow I feel like the game doesn't look as detailed as Code Vein?

Everything looks a tad step down in comparison, though will wait for better quality footage before I say anything else.

That being said, glad to see GE back!

Also seems like we got a new mobile game too? :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKNyeZvnT4U

They almost trick you into thinking that it's a regular-ass turn-based RPG and then GACHA!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
GE on PSP was really nice back then... Never played the second because it looked a bit too samey. This one could get me back.. Like it much more than what I've seen from Code Vein so far.
Not sure why Japanese developers continue to announce games with no platforms specified. It's pointless.
This.

Especially since 99% of the time the games are for the most obvious platforms. It's just stupid.

Between begging for ports and keeping the plattform unclear after the initial launch of wish Japanese publisher would stop with this.

Skbzi

Neo Member
Here’s hoping they have fixed the choppy animations that riddled the previous iterations.

I mean Tekken, Tales of and Gundam games from Bamco have great animations so I am not sure why GE have that glaring issue...

Looks strikingly similar to Code Vein, not that that's a huge issue, I just hope the two games aren't as similar as they currently seem to be. So long as it plays like GE 1 & 2 I'll be happy, since I love me some Anime Monster Hunter.

GE on PSP was really nice back then... Never played the second because it looked a bit too samey. This one could get me back.. Like it much more than what I've seen from Code Vein so far.

This.

Especially since 99% of the time the games are for the most obvious platforms. It's just stupid.

Between begging for ports and keeping the plattform unclear after the initial launch of wish Japanese publisher would stop with this.

Yeah, it just doesn't serve any purpose and if I'm honest, is borderline bad PR. It just serves to wind people up.

Oregano

Yeah, it just doesn't serve any purpose and if I'm honest, is borderline bad PR. It just serves to wind people up.

The only people it winds up are people that won't be able to buy the game anyway and in the meantime it keeps people talking about it even where there's next to no details. This thread wouldn't be on its third page.

BigEmil

Not sure why Japanese developers continue to announce games with no platforms specified. It's pointless.
To get people talking more of the game then they announce platforms more media attention and people talking more and more free extra marketing

Not Drake

I enjoyed past two games on PS4, but they really have to put more effort in this one considering how MHWorld is shaping up on home platforms.

As someone who is more interested in the story and characters of the God Eater franchise, I didn't see anything here that excited me. In comparison to MHW's most recent trailer, this one was really disappointing.

I mean, where's Alisa, Rindou, Nana and that humongous capybara of theirs?

Is it just me or do none of these MH knockoffs do well? Like how many God Eaters or Toudiekens do we really need?

God Eater does pretty well all thing considering. They wouldn't keep making them if they didn't. Same for Toukiden.

Different enough that they can exist.

Also to people saying it looks like Code Vein yeah, you shouldn't be too surprised by that.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Code Vein graphics looked like upgraded God Eater, now God Eater graphics look like a skin for Code Vein, i guess it makes sense.

Ogawa-san

It's sad that this subgenre will die because people can't understand the differences between MH and "the clones" past the fact they have bosses and loot. It's like Bioshock being a Doom clone because it's a FPS where you pick up ammo.

Anyway, glad that like Capcom they're unshackling themselves from Vita/Switch. Will buy, might as well since it might be the last in the series, just like Toukiden 2.

It's sad that this subgenre will die because people can't understand the differences between MH and "the clones" past the fact they have bosses and loot. It's like Bioshock being a Doom clone because it's a FPS where you pick up ammo.

Anyway, glad that like Capcom they're unshackling themselves from Vita/Switch. Will buy, might as well since it might be the last in the series, just like Toukiden 2.

Sadly people aren't willing to try them and see the differences. Thankfully I saw the differences when I tried God Eater Burst on the PSP when it was free on PS+ once. Saw that GE wasn't just a MH clone wholesale.

Caim

I wonder if they'll still do another version like Resurrection and Rage Burst.

YjYDNAO.gif

SkyOdin

God Eater now has Lord of Apocalypse Dual Swords lol. Wonder if this will keep the Arts mechanics from GE2.
If God Eater 3 combines the Blood Arts system of 2 with Ressurection's Predator Style system, that alone would be a pretty cool evolution in the series' gameplay.

I am also tooking forward to the very first God Eater game that isn't built primarily for PSP hardware. That alone should mean larger environments and such.

Looks good but the series has been the one monster hunting game that just doesn't appeal to me. Find the focus on bullets as well as the slower pace compared to other hunting games to be off putting. I do find the character and monster design usually pleasant.

I only played a bit of the first one when it was free with Ps plus, didn't speak to much bit I'm willing to give this a chance if it comes to One.

I'll spoil the platforms, it's coming to everything but Switch.

If you want it on Switch, Bandai Namco execs want to see you begging for it.
The only begging we will see is the begging for bigger sales when this bomba comes out next year.

Hahahahah.

Top Bottom