• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater: Resurrection has a bit less blood but no other edits in localized version.

From Bandai Namco's USA Twitter account:

There's just a bit less blood in the US/EU versions for ESRB/PEGI ratings. No other content is being censored.

Bandai Namco did previously confirm that there would be edits in the April 28th stream. But now we know what's being changed. If the link doesn't automatically go to where it's discussed, it's exactly at the 41 minute mark.

Incidentally, Bandai Namco have essentially reposted that same tweet a few times now for different users on Twitter.

Regardless, I think the blood getting slightly toned down over here for ESRB/PEGI ratings is a change that most people will be okay with, especially considering that Bandai is saying it's the only change.

Yasumi

Banned
Guess people who fap to anime blood will have to get their jollies elsewhere.

Seriously though, if they're doing this to get a T rating in as many regions as possible, I'm kind of okay with such a minor, one-off edit.

We can't have blood and bathing suits? Thanks a lot Nintendo.

Edit: Preorders out yet? Last I checked I couldn't see anything.

Corpekata

Banned
Less blood and the boobs stay in? But how can I make my tired LOL MURICANS LOVE VIOLENCE BUT SCURED OF BOOBIES arguement everytime someone insults my waifus?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Its usually the other way around with CERO cutting out all the violence and ESRB keeping all of it.

I'm wondering what blood was needed to be cut out!?

This sucks but at least they told us months before hand and it's not a major edit.
Still would be nice if they could bring it over with no changes.

-Horizon-

I'm surprised the amount of blood is the thing that could bump a rating up that much. Especially since from all the videos I've seen so far, its not even that bad.

Yasumi

Banned
Less blood and the boobs stay in? But how can I make my tired LOL MURICANS LOVE VIOLENCE BUT SCURED OF BOOBIES arguement everytime someone insults my waifus?
The edits are consistent between both the NA and EU releases of the game. Australia or Germany are probably why blood was removed, to keep that T rating over there.

udivision

Considering violence and nudity are always the first to go when "Kid's Show in Japan" becomes localized "Kid's Show in America", that meme always seemed weird to me.

mankoto

Outside of the anime, I can't remember the game having that much blood. Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Seems like an odd change.

Ridley327

This reminds me of when Capcom beta tested the original Monster Hunter in the US and actually increased the size of the hit markers to make it seem like the monsters themselves were gushing blood, which gave the beta an M rating. It was quite ridiculous, and I was not at all displeased with them toning it way the hell down.

That being said, I wonder if this was done so that they would be able to keep everything else untouched. IIRC, the original game had some pretty dark fates and backstories for some of the characters, so a bit more blood could have potentially pushed it into M-rated territory.

hao chi

All of the Halo games until 5 were rated M because of blood, actually. Meanwhile all of the Uncharted were rated T. Don't look for logic here.

Uncharted is extremely light on blood, whereas Halo has blood that remains on the ground.

Though if I remember right, I read that the M rating had more to do with the atmosphere in the blood levels, and Bungie wasn't willing to change it.

Either way, Halo being M does seem a bit excessive. If we had a +15 rating I think that would be more appropriate, maybe even for Uncharted as well.

zeelman

Uncharted is extremely light on blood, whereas Halo has blood that remains on the ground.

Though if I remember right, I read that the M rating had more to do with the atmosphere in the blood levels, and Bungie wasn't willing to change it.

Either way, Halo being M does seem a bit excessive. If we had a +15 rating I think that would be more appropriate, maybe even for Uncharted as well.

Bungie said the Halo games got M ratings because of the Flood but that doesn't explain the M rating for Reach and ODST.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Gods Eater Burst for NA was censored (there's a scene that got cut, and risque looking aragami altered). So this is a good news if the only thing altered is less blood.

Now the only problem is the gameplay being boring.

I played the PSP game and while I liked the characters the game was kind of dull.

cj_iwakura

I played the PSP game and while I liked the characters the game was kind of dull.

It took me a while, but I grew to really enjoy it once I solidified a strategy to the gameplay. it has a ton of variety.

Ridley327

Gods Eater Burst for NA was censored (there's a scene that got cut, and risque looking aragami altered). So this is a good news if the only thing altered is less blood.

I did not know this!

And even though I couldn't tell you their name from memory, I already know which aragami would have been the one to see edits.

Blackage

Unfortunate, but if that's all they're changing it's not a huge deal really.

It's not a "huge deal" but I'm growing increasingly irritated with the acceptance of things getting changed/censored in the Western releases of things for no good reason. =/

Yasumi

Banned

2 has some new gameplay systems, like Blood Arts, different special attacks you can select based on your weapon, and Blood Rage, which is pretty much like a Devil Trigger.

Ridley327

It's not a "huge deal" but I'm growing increasingly irritated with the acceptance of things getting changed/censored in the Western releases of things for no good reason. =/

Ensuring a lower rating doesn't seem like a bad reason, especially for a genre that's been T-rated almost entirely across the board. I think only Soul Sacrifice has gotten an M-rating.

Tohsaka

Yeah, I'd rather it not happen at all either. I'm probably skipping the game since I hate the fact that it's dub only on top of being censored, (and releasing in a month with a bunch of other games I'm more interested in) but whatever.

Mh, it's not a terribly big thing, but combined with no Japanese voice-overs is not enticing me at all :/
I think I'll get the Japanese version on PS4 if the Western PC version doesn't get a JP voice pack mod by the community.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
In other news: Ni Oh brings dismemberment, exclusively for the west.

it's just funny, that's all

Thats because in Japan CERO is pretty strict on things like dismemberment. Esp if it contains stuff where you can see the dismembered location basically the stump of whatever.

I've never understood this part of age ratings. "No, this amount of blood is too much, make it a little less... oh, right! This is the perfect amount of blood."

I think if some teen is okay with blood, it's amount shouldn't matter that much. Of course I am talking solely about blood and not about gore.

Rymuth

What about Photo mode?

ulJOqMP.jpg

That's still in there, right? RIGHT?

Top Bottom