• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War 3: Remastered gameplay

This is a joke, right? That below screenshot can't be a genuine image from the same location?! Or you've switched the 360/Xbone labels around?

This is one of the most unfair comparisons I've ever seen, it frustrates me every time someone brings it up. You need to see the water in motion to see what it actually looks like.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
GOW3 came out 5 years ago. There isn't that much to talk about. The conversation is naturally going to wander.

What is new is the fact that it's a remaster, and people are talking about the concept of remasters and comparing it to other remasters. That seems at least as interesting and relevant as "yeah, this game is now in 1080." "yup, sure is."

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Could be just an impression, but controls feel slightly more responsive than the PS3 version.

11071388_10204479868023816_829008401302527104_n.jpg

The best looking PS3 game looks like a PS4 game. Still a stunner.

Three

This is a joke, right? That below screenshot can't be a genuine image from the same location?! Or you've switched the 360/Xbone labels around?

Not a joke. It's the same location.

This is one of the most unfair comparisons I've ever seen, it frustrates me every time someone brings it up. You need to see the water in motion to see what it actually looks like.
Video is in the link too. Doesn't look much better. Doesn't excuse missing islands either but anyway it's better to discuss that in the other thread I linked to.

Goddamn it that's awesome! Some of the scenes and backgrounds in this will make for amazing screenshots - everything from Kratos shielding his eyes from Helios' light, to battling Poseidon, to smashing Hercules' face in. Shit man, talking about this is making me want to play the game again!

PSX 2015 for the GoW4 reveal, please, SSM!

I reckon that's how it'll happen; a teaser reveal at the end of the year, a full blowout at next E3 and a release early 2017.

I kinda don't want GoW 4 or whatever to be about Kratos and Greek mythology.

Right there with you Boss. I've resigned myself to the fact that Kratos will probably still be the protagonist, but hopefully they at least change mythology. Egyptian, Indian or Norse would be awesome, but I think Kratos will still be there as he's too big a character for Sony to just scrap.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Is PSX the best place to announce GoW4 though? It's quite a big title for them, so wouldn't E3 be the best place for that? I still want it to be announced this year though.

Son Of D

Is PSX the best place to announce GoW4 though? It's quite a big title for them, so wouldn't E3 be the best place for that? I still want it to be announced this year though.

Spreading out announcements is better. That way it stops games like GoW4 being overshadowed by Shenmue 3 and FFVII Remake. Also if they announced everything at E3 they wouldn't have much for PSX (and vice versa).

Loudninja

Yeah it actually a pretty fantastic time really.
Spreading out announcements is better. That way it stops games like GoW4 being overshadowed by Shenmue 3 and FFVII Remake. Also if they announced everything at E3 they wouldn't have much for PSX (and vice versa).
Yep.

GoW3 was announced at the VGAs, so there's precedence for a December unveil. Then they can show off an insane set piece at E3 and release it in March 2017.

chrislowe

I remember buying this day one for my ps3 and was blown away with the graphics. Still looks like current generation a few years later.

Friction

Have this game on ps3. Still looks great. No way im getting this remastered. Then again its probably not targetted for me, but people who missed it. Still wish there was BC. :(

Arondight

Little expensive compared to other remastered efforts but seeing the poseidon battle running irl for the first time rather than gifs and videos is going to be great.

I wish sony had just made this 20 bones so I didn't have to wait for a sale. Either way though, photo mode in GOWIII (I actually can't even process how awesome this will be to move around the environments) means I'm in either way.

I feel like that wording doesn't answer the question.

Hey people who have the game, what is the photo mode functionality like?

Well it's not out yet so... hard to say.

EDIT: My bad - didn't realize some peeps had gotten it early.

I kinda don't want GoW 4 or whatever to be about Kratos and Greek mythology.

So you would like a different game series. Fair enough, but not sure why you're posting it here

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So you would like a different game series. Fair enough, but not sure why you're posting it here

Not saying I definitely want some totally different universe, but what is there left for Kratos to do and what Greek mythology can SSM pull from that isn't either too obscure or a retread of old territory?

5taquitos

Not saying I definitely want some totally different universe, but what is there left for Kratos to do and what Greek mythology can SSM pull from that isn't either too obscure or a retread of old territory?

I just want them to make good on their teases from the secret ending in GoW I "Fate of the Titan"
with the helicopters approaching Cronus' corpse, and the hint that a team would be exploring inside.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I wish sony had just made this 20 bones so I didn't have to wait for a sale. Either way though, photo mode in GOWIII (I actually can't even process how awesome this will be to move around the environments) means I'm in either way.

Same. Waiting to buy it new when it has a sale.

You can have the same series, but shift out of Greek and head to either Norse or Egyptian next like Jaffe originally wanted. I would be enamored if it shifted to those next.

So many games in my backlog, but I'd like to squeeze this in.

Is it a long game and is it something that requires an investment in learning lots of combos?

Top Bottom