• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 4 Announcement At Destination PlayStation Hinted By Future Shop, Removed

Sounds likely, last great game on ps3 before ps4 makes it's debut.

Would like to see a completely different story though, this time set in Norse mythology.

Amir0x

Banned
After Jaffe described the way he wanted the story to go, and the gameplay opportunities that would have opened up in the future series, I'm still grumpy about the way they ended the trilogy. I wanted Kratos to be fucking Jesus shit up

After Jaffe described the way he wanted the story to go, and the gameplay opportunities that would have opened up in the future series, I'm still grumpy about the way they ended the trilogy. I wanted Kratos to be fucking Jesus shit up

Even Jaffe's potential idea for GoW4 is amazing (Zelda meets GoW).

Takao

Banned
FS Gamer has removed all of the announcements they reported on at Destination PlayStation.

I'm guessing Sony told them to STFU :(

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου

Link?

Is that his idea? Or is there more to it?

There isn't much more to it. He just said that people have asked him if he'd ever be willing to make another GoW, and he said that he would as long as it's something like Zelda meet GoW. He'd want to move it away from the QTE/cinematic structure.

Takao

Banned
Yeah, Sony should update the blog some time tomorrow with some of the announcements. That's what they've done in the past.

Doesn't necessarily mean they'll announce everything on one day with the blog. Sony has a tendency of doing embargoes for media events to have a slow trickle of news.

He wanted to make Darksiders?

I can't help thinking jaffe can make a better darksiders. I love darksiders, but the only thing bothering me is that the game mechanic they throw at you doesn't mix well with the world they're making. Like, why is there a conveniently placed air vent in a middle of the world just so I can use my glide ability to reach higher platform. Or the various floating platform scattered to provide platforming gameplay, the portal puzzle is especially felt out of place to me.

Not saying jaffe never done this in god of war, double jumping is example of ability just for the sake of double jumping, no story reason why kratos can do that. But generally, I felt jaffe mix the puzzle elemnt better ingod of war than darksiders. Pandora temple felt massive, complex with puzzles, and somehow, it doesn't rub me the wrong way like darksiders did.

I don't know why everyone ignores the Hekatonchires, one of the biggest, baddest beings in Greek mythology that has not been touched on in the GoW games yet.

For those who don't know what the Hekatonchires are, look them up. They're basically the Lovecraftian primordial beings of Greek myth.

Jacob4815

I don't know why everyone ignores the Hekatonchires, one of the biggest, baddest beings in Greek mythology that has not been touched on in the GoW games yet.

For those who don't know what the Hekatonchires are, look them up. They're basically the Lovecraftian primordial beings of Greek myth.

They are a boss fight in Rygar the Legendary Adventure

rygar_boss.jpg

Liamario

Banned
Well obviously we aren't going to see anything on this for a while. When is the next possible opportunity for an announcement?

jbug617

Banned
Off-topic but this is the best place to quickly ask. Do you know when Microsoft's thing is coming? Wasn't it in early March too? Soooo...both Sony and Microsoft are revealing things in early March? If so, suhweeeeet.

Really looking forward to God of War IV. It's by far my favorite Sony series.

Microsoft stuff is at the end of Feb but the embargo ends in early March.

I wonder what the premise of God of War 4 will be, they really can't kill off Kratos right?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I love GoW. I just hope it will be single player-oriented, and not multiplayer-oriented as rumors said.

Top Bottom