• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 4 art leaks (Norse setting, Kratos w/ beard) [Up2: Polygon says real]

Which part of God of War 4 are you most excited about?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Euron

Look everyone I know we're all distrusting of leaks after the NX fiasco but this is definitely legit. This is Sony we're talking about. I'm actually surprised if I do NOT see concept art leak from their games.

Abriael

Banned
They did the usual logical jump that shouldn't be made.

Artist worked for SSM -> Artist has art on his page -> Art is from SSM's unannounced title.

Very, very shaky.

Simo

Looks great!

Kratos model is just some low poly placeholder used in the concept art for scale. Previous GOW games and many other titles do the same thing. lol

Please, a new character. Change it at the last minute if you have to.

Kratos has run his course, and he's a character that got worse with each installment.

Stillmatic

Their concept artists are better than that...

I don't care if Kratos is the main character, as long as there is a GoW4! :)

-Horizon-

Yep, that's kratos with a beard.

I didn't ask for next gen beard physics. I said next gen hair on top of head physics.

VenomBoss

Banned
Oh I wanted Gods of Egypt

not-even-giant-firebreathing-snakes-could-save-this-gods-of-egypt-trailer-from-a-whole-718550.gif

I don't really believe this is real, but if it is, I'm disappointed in the environment art, which is something I never thought I'd say about SSM.

Skilletor

I don't know what they'll do to make me want to control a blood-thirsty Kratos who wants to kill yet another pantheon of gods because anger, but I'm hype as fuck if we get a new mythology.

Should have been a valkyrie.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
why does everyone hate kratos?

Probably because Sony/SSM could use God of War to go into different mythologies with different characters and personalities which would freshen up the franchise. Make it feel new. Instead, it will feel like a retread because he can't do anything else with his current mythology because everyone is dead.

pablito

Yeah if it's real, then I'm out.

Yes I'm happy kratos is back. Honestly screw the haters if they don't want kratos then don't buy, no one is forcing you.

Agreed. I haven't been buying or playing any of the GOW games. If Kratos is in, I'll continue not buying them.

Raylan

Banned
Probably because Sony/SSM could use God of War to go into different mythologies with different characters and personalities which would freshen up the franchise. Make it feel new.
You can "freshen up" the franchise without removing the main character. And btw. Kratos IS the God of War. He IS the franchise and a beloved character.

Probably because Sony/SSM could use God of War to go into different mythologies with different characters and personalities which would freshen up the franchise. Make it feel new.

But Kratos is God of War. It's like asking for The Legend of Zelda without Link.

18-Volt

So, it's been thousands of years since Kratos killed all the gods, right? Norse mythology happens more than a millennia after the Greek legends.

why does everyone hate kratos?

Regardless of whether they like him, people generally are just tired of him, at least chronologically after 3.

The hate stems from 1) him becoming full-tilt asshole after GoW 2) the gameplay formula running its course during 3 and 3) the BS ending of 3 where they try to spin Kratos' actions in a positive way.

Top Bottom