• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 4 art leaks (Norse setting, Kratos w/ beard) [Up2: Polygon says real]

Which part of God of War 4 are you most excited about?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eggbok

The ashes are the ashes of his wife and daughter that he killed blindly in his blatant rage.

Oh btw, I think someone already spotted that both chains and ashes are gone from him:

The chains came off of Kratos at the end of God of War III when he was beating the shit out of Zeus. He also released the powers he gained from Pandora's box when he stabbed himself with the Blade of Olympus. So the lack of chains makes sense.

The chains came off of Kratos at the end of God of War III when he was beating the shit out of Zeus. He also released the powers he gained from Pandora's box when he stabbed himself with the Blade of Olympus. So the lack of chains makes sense.

Exactly. Also after the end when he repents from all his deeds and kills himself (if he is dead to start with), reviving him will give him another chance. Thus the removal of the ash curse from him makes sense too.

Exactly. Also after the end when he repents from all his deeds and kills himself (if he is dead to start with), reviving him will give him another chance. Thus the removal of the ash curse from him makes sense too.

I actually really hope the ashes are gone in this. Change up his look a bit

I actually really hope the ashes are gone in this. Change up his look a bit

What are you talking about?

The ashes are gone now:

Here is the old Kratos (completely white)

8DwIlmN.jpg

And here is Kratos in GOW4:

9CY0lCG.jpg

The ashes are completely gone (just like the chains) and he looks exactly like his old body before the curse.

I don't mind the character, but honestly is there anything left for him to do? What reason does he have to get into a huge conflict with another pantheon? Of course the writers can cook something up, but it won't be as strong as his original story where he had a long-running history with the series' antagonists.

His reasons for killing anyone other than Ares, and maybe Zeus, is pretty flimsy, so I wouldn't expect his reasons for killing other random folks to be super compelling. The guy is kind of an asshole.

It would be weird for them to call it GoW4 without Kratos, but if this leak is real SSM is losing their touch... bearded Kratos looks dumb.

What are you talking about?

The ashes are gone now:

Here is the old Kratos (completely white)

And here is Kratos in GOW4:

9CY0lCG.jpg

The ashes are completely gone (just like the chians) and he looks exactly like his old body before the curse.

I mean it looks that way but that is also an unfinished model. We have no idea what Kratos will look like in the final game. There could be large differences between how we see him here and how he appears in the final product.

I'm just saying I do indeed hope the ashes are gone

I mean it looks that way but that is also an unfinished model. We have no idea what Kratos will look like in the final game. There coukd be large differences between how we see him here and how he appears in the final product.

Ofc. It needs to make sense just like the removal of the chains. :)

Tbh, I have a kind of prediction that the devs wanted to make him so generic, normal looking. The removal of ashes is intended so he will no longer keep the notorious frightening nickname of "Ghost Of Sparta". He will be just nameless, incognito there so the folks and norse gods will underestimate him. This will lead to exciting surprises for the game. ;)

As soon as GOW: Ascension was revealed I predicted that the game will have one of the Hekatonkheires and I even tweeted that to the director and he was amazed how I found out that. ;)

I predicted the same thing lol

I mean it looks that way but that is also an unfinished model. We have no idea what Kratos will look like in the final game. There could be large differences between how we see him here and how he appears in the final product.

True. But i don't think he will look that far off from that concept.

Ok Ok. After some digging. I think we already had norse clues in GOW games.

Look what I found in God Of War Ascension:

http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Mjölnir

latest

Yep that is Mjölnir; Thor's hammer. I don't think this is innocent or pure hazard.

In fact ascension had a hidden secret mentioned in Neogaf before: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522813 which may be an opening to a new adventure: http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Predictions_and_Revelations

Look at the second mural pic: Kratos is still alive after the second great war is over.

The third mural is the most interesting one:

In greek mythology and GOW there are some analogies between greek and norse lore:
this example of analogy is very interesting since it may be the connection between both worlds if it is the place were all the pure souls from the universe go to:

http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Elysium_Fields

Kratos fighting with the norse has already been applied in this non official de-make called Bit Of War: http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Bit_of_War

From Kratos wiki page: http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Kratos

And from God Of War III wiki page : http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/God_of_War_III

You see? The idea has been planned for long time now, or let's say from the beginning and it has been plotted by the directors of all epiosdes. That is why I am sure that Cory Barlog knows very well what he is doing now.

Gooing back to what shinobi602 said: http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200185766&postcount=980

What I highlited above and what shinobi602 sparkled is making me confidently assert what I said before: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200224402&postcount=1449

What I fear from shinobi602 post is that we may face another MGS2/DMC4 syndrome where devs wanted to try forcing a new character to the series helped by the series main protagonist with whom we play only for a short time while the rest of the game is being played by the new rookie. This will result in being nostalgic about the previous hero and just waiting for the moment to control him even if it is short or late in the game.

I just hope I nailed it and uncovered most of what is being cooked for this game. Also Egyptian mythology incoming (in this episode or in a newer one).

Nicely done plastica.

I can't wait to see this game.

The power he released was the power of hope, which he had gotten from Pandora's box.

His reasons for killing anyone other than Ares, and maybe Zeus, is pretty flimsy, so I wouldn't expect his reasons for killing other random folks to be super compelling. The guy is kind of an asshole.

His only goal was Zeus, but of course Zeus kept throwing other people/Gods in his way. Dude didn't even want to fight Hercules but Herc insisted.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I'll repeat again. Kratos or his son as the main character, SSM. Kratos...or his..son. I don't want a whole new norse hero as the main character. I doubt that would happen anyway because it would be completely disjointed and pointless.

God of war is my favorite franchise of all time, as someone that is Greek I can relate to it even more. Please don't fuck this up SSM.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'll repeat again. Kratos or his son as the main character, SSM. Kratos...or his..son. I don't want a whole new norse hero as the main character. I doubt that would happen anyway because it would be completely disjointed and pointless.

God of war is my favorite franchise of all time, as someone that is Greek I can relate to it even more. Please don't fuck this up SSM.

It's possible they go the whole multiverse route for this, and have Norse version of Kratos. Same guy, but not exactly.

Why do people even want Kratos back? His story was completely done in every sense of the way. I wish we had a new character where we would have a chance for a new intriguing story, instead of angry Kratos is angry with GOAT level lore like the current franchise. I'd like the new guy to be a killing machine as well, but some more depth wouldn't hurt here or there.

Why do people even want Kratos back? His story was completely done in every sense of the way. I wish we had a new character where we would have a chance for a new intriguing story, instead of angry Kratos is angry with GOAT level lore like the current franchise. I'd like the new guy to be a killing machine as well, but some more depth wouldn't hurt here or there.

One faithful day, Thor was travelling with his idiot friend Gabe through Denmark, which was at the moment full of poor people eating mostly vegetables and selling no beef in local Wal-Marts, and Gabe got really hungry looking at Thor's goat. Unlike himself, Thor couldn't let him eat it since Gabe regularly visited dentist and would undeniably crush the bones, interfering with goat revival magick. So after a few days of his friend dying of restraint Thor grabbed random goat of side of the road and made a stew for him. The Kraetos's childhood friend goat. Too bad Kraetos was watching.

Join Kraetos in an epic quest against Gabe. Will he take revenge of Thor as well? Well, probably, but we have to save something for the sequels.

Sorry, not sorry. The GOAT acronym is just too much for me.

Blues1990

I personally would’ve like a retelling of God of War I/II, in a similar fashion to how the new Ratchet and Clank PS4 video game/movie is a retelling of the original game.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I personally would’ve like a retelling of God of War I/II, in a similar fashion to how the new Ratchet and Clank PS4 video game/movie is a retelling of the original game.

Umm, how would that work out, exactly? A GoW3 remake with a new story, set-pieces and bosses?

Top Bottom