• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ascension Screenshots - Best looking Console Game this gen ?

Pranay

From the single player demo [via total recall movie] impression thread

The graphics esspecially the iq looks insane and amazing cant wait to see more single player footage. We know how ssm game get a good graphical update when released

well it deserved its own thread [All screens are ingame]

wxqrq6ujkc.jpg

iP9oHmR5tWa2o.jpg

imWve8RXWGi8d.jpg

i8aa9pMFC9gJl.jpg

ibMzhu6QBqRXD.jpg

jjfbFk4J4XiYz.jpg

jb2oCvXmASJkfH.jpg

http://minus.com/mbmqSDKvOIPWbP

legacyzero

Banned
Why do they keep showing this part of the game??

You'd think they would show some new areas for a change.

But yeah, game does look good, though.

Pranay

Why do they keep showing this part of the game??

You'd think they would show some new areas for a change.

But yeah, game does look good, though.

It was taken from sp demo [all screens are direct feed]

They will release new footage and sp screenshots soon

olimpia84

Lightning makes it look...I don't know cheap maybe?
I think the best console looking game so far this gen is The Last of Us, can't wait for that game.

Derrick01

Banned
I still don't think it looks as good as 3 but then again it is an early demo. The E3 demo of 3 didn't look as good as the full game eventually did.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The Last of Us.

and to answer OP's question, no because of water.

Haunted

Unreleased games shouldn't be on such a list, anyway.

Let people get their hands on the game themselves and judge the overall package, good and bad.

M.D

Pictures never do games like this justice.
You need to play GOW3 to believe how good that thing looks

kinggroin

Banned
These screens? No.

But I can believe the final game can very well be the best or one of the best looking games this gen, sure.

Derrick01

Banned
With that texture work? Nah.

EDIT:

lol @ above post

It's like he tried to find the most unflattering picture possible to prove a point. And I agree Last of Us in motion looks far better than what we've seen of this god of war so far. But that's because it's more than just graphics, it's also the animation, AI and voice work.

Pranay

It's like he tried to find the most unflattering picture possible to prove a point. And I agree Last of Us in motion looks far better than what we've seen of this god of war so far. But that's because it's more than just graphics, it's also the animation, AI and voice work.

I am one of the the biggest ND fan here :| Their was a comparision between the water, so i posted a similar screenshots .

[PS- I regret changing my gaf user name -.-, i genreally favour nd a lot time :b]

Hey, a real screenshot of the last of us! Where did that come from?

DF

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-analysis-the-last-of-us

BeeDog

I'd say GoW: Ascension animates as well as, or perhaps even better than, The Last of Us. Though TLoU is a more impressive overall package from what has been shown, yes.

Derrick01

Banned
I'd say GoW: Ascension animates as well as, or perhaps even better than, The Last of Us. Though TLoU is a more impressive overall package from what has been shown, yes.

Yeah it's definitely no joke in animation but ND gets a little more credit because they're trying to animate normal human beings in this game and the Uncharteds. It's easier to be wowed at something more realistic than fantasy.

It'll look immense once it releases. This is a pre-June demo. Looks amazing for a demo that was 9 months away from the release of the game.

Pranay

Last if of us >>>>>>>> It seems like they aren't putting that big of a effort towards single player. I wouldn't be surprised if gow3 overall looks better

Really ?

The team working for gow a is double of gow 3, its just they will start sp marketing next month

gameplay is solid http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506026

Yeah it's definitely no joke in animation but ND gets a little more credit because they're trying to animate normal human beings in this game and the Uncharteds. It's easier to be wowed at something more realistic than fantasy.

Gow runs at a really high frame rate

Those pics don't really look that amazing imo.

Tell me a console game or a console version of a game which looks as good as gow interms of IQ ? and at 30-60 fps

Derrick01

Banned
Of course the textures are going to be iffy at best. It's a 2006 console with 256mb RAM. There's only so many tricks they can use to hide things from our eyes that have experience in 2012 PC games :p

Gesalt said:
Gow runs at a really high frame rate

Because it's an ultra linear game that doesn't have a lot going on at once.

Looks good but kind of what I've come to expect from GoW. When will next gen be here? I need more discussions on renders and polygons and toy story somethingsomething.

W5XST.jpg

Top Bottom