• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Has peak of 73k on Steam, overtakes MHR for #1 weekly sales spot

Sygma

Audio is all messed up in the pc release, I can remember never hearing the same convo on the boat more than once on ps4 / 5 and it happens all the time on pc

Goalus

And people still can’t shut up about it two years later lol

Nice to see Kratos absolutely dominating steam charts 4 years after release. It’s clear monster Hunter is not in the same league.

Sonys PC strategy is working.
It will soon be overtaken by Sea of Thieves, which was also released 4 years ago. The difference is that Sea of Thieves has been on Steam for almost 2 years.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I wonder if these strong sales will lead to Sony releasing games sooner on PC. They spend so much time marketing, they might as well take advantage of that with a dual release.

yamaci17

playing at 4k+dlss balanced+80 fps is a a great, transformative experience for me over ps4's 1080p/30 fps

i'm doing a replay just because how damn smooth it is and how even more gorgeous it looks! i'm glad for the port and i hope more finds their way into PC.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I wonder how many times it got pirated
Probably not that much.

Movie piracy is far, far bigger than game piracy.

On the biggest torent site there are less than 200 seeders for GoW, and ~20 people currently downloading.

PC piracy still happens but it's not as massive as anyone thinks.

Last edited:

Goalus

And why do you think i needed this info in a god of war thread?
Because you were emphasizing "absolute domination 4 years after release".
If another game that was originally released at about the same time, but has been sitting on Steam for about two years now, is able to overtake the game in question within the next eight weeks, then I would hardly call it an "absolute domination", and "4 years after release" isn't that remarkable either.

Because you were emphasizing "absolute domination 4 years after release".
If another game that was originally released at about the same time, but has been sitting on Steam for about two years now, is able to overtake the game in question within the next eight weeks, then I would hardly call it an "absolute domination", and "4 years after release" isn't that remarkable either.
Yeah, but honestly I don’t care about comparing a single player game to an on-going service game

yurinka

I wonder if these strong sales will lead to Sony releasing games sooner on PC. They spend so much time marketing, they might as well take advantage of that with a dual release.
I think it's the opposite. With this game they first milked the PS sales, then discounted it or applied price cuts, added it to their game subs and once it didn't generate more revenue there (getting the 100% for them) then they released the PC port, without negatively affecting PS software or hardware sales.

They prefer to sell games on their platform, because there they don't pay a 30% of the revenue to Steam, plus each player there buy an average of over a dozen games, plus dlc, season passes and microtransations, plus also pay their game subs.

So they may go closer to release, maybe releasing the games 2-3 years after the PS release. But once they consider they milket it enough there, and keeping some good games there without being ported to PC to make appealing to buy their console.

Braag

Probably not that much.

Movie piracy is far, far bigger than game piracy.

On the biggest torent site there are less than 200 seeders for GoW, and ~20 people currently downloading.

PC piracy still happens but it's not as massive as anyone thinks.
Gaben was right, provide a good service and people will buy rather than pirate. I never was into pirating games, but I do know some people online from my old WoW days who used to only play pirated games (WoW being exception obviously). Those same guys now have 200+ games on Steam.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
By that logic neither is BOTW. It's a much worse game overall.

You use logic to determine weather you like a game or not?

Im sorry to break it to you but reviewing or somones opinion on a game is subjective.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
I think it's the opposite. With this game they first milked the PS sales, then discounted it or applied price cuts, added it to their game subs and once it didn't generate more revenue there (getting the 100% for them) then they released the PC port, without negatively affecting PS software or hardware sales.

They prefer to sell games on their platform, because there they don't pay a 30% of the revenue to Steam, plus each player there buy an average of over a dozen games, plus dlc, season passes and microtransations, plus also pay their game subs.

So they may go closer to release, maybe releasing the games 2-3 years after the PS release. But once they consider they milket it enough there, and keeping some good games there without being ported to PC to make appealing to buy their console.
If Sony cared about that they wouldn't be porting games to PC. They bought that porting studio, and I'm sure they would prefer to advertise for both editions at the same time.

Ultimately this comes down to a wait and see.

Top Bottom