• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III: Demo Impressions Thread

Damn, the demo is confusing as hell, I hope it's just the fact that it's a demo, but the progression and the puzzles are all over the place :lol It's a huge step down from GoW2 in that regard. That said, I'm pretty amazed by what I just played. The game looks absolutely phenomenal, the lighting, the textures, the IQ. It's a shame that the framerate isn't very stable though.

The animations are a bit weird too. Sometime they look amazing (especially the impact when Kratos beat the enemies, it puts every other beat em all to shame in that regard). But when you hit a wall or the overall interaction with the background are pretty week and it almost .

Gameplay wise, I really love the direction the game is going. The whole "crowd control" is plain awesome. It always pissed me off that the enemies stopped attacking once you grabbed someone in the old game, now they remain aggressive, and so do you if you choose to use your victim has a shield :D I love the fact that you can ride enemies too, once again the animation are amazing, especially when you ride the cyclops.

March 2010 can't come soon enough :D

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Put up a playthrough of the entire demo. It's about 18 minutes or so, including 30 seconds of Kratos breathing really, really hard. Dude needs to see a doctor.

The early warning that the build is not indicative of the final product seems to indicate that Sony Santa Monica knew the E3 demo was a bit rough. Frame rate obviously stutters in a few places, there were some weird sounds being triggered (music terminating early, etc.). Did the demo completely lock up for anyone else? It happened during two separate sessions, right after the first "harpy ride" tutorial area in the caverns.

Otherwise, isn't this exactly what die-hard fans of the other games wanted? More and prettier? I'm sold. Can't wait for March.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just beat the demo again. It's soooo good. I never really played the other games before, only watched people playing them, but I will pick up 3 along with the 1-2 remastered collection.

Norml

A great demo with a ending that should make the game a must buy to those that try.

The lighting from the orbs and such looks great and the blood really stands out and looks amazing.The only bad is no way to see the environment better.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I'll post pics for the next 10 minutes. Enjoy.

331hmdd.jpg

34q2ues.jpg

9qw5ew.jpg

orp5e9.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
So having played through the demo three times now, I can safely say that both picking dudes up and using them as a battering ram and stomping on guys while they crawl with half a body does not get old.

freitax

The narrow corridor after fighting the dragon/snake is sooo awesome, destroying everyone! everything! Become the ultimate badass! RAGE! KRATOS! xD this game gets my adrenaline pumping.

Fuck me, I got a code. I wasn't expecting that. I was checking my emails before going to bed and there it was. Question, if I pause the download to getting some sleep it should resume okay tomorrow, now that the d/l code is tied to my account?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The cave that you use Helios' head in and the tunnel you fly through at the end were the most jaw dropping parts of the demo for me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Square Triangle said:
Holy fuck Uncharted 2 and Ratchet just came out, Sony give me time to breath! Cannot wait, this is extremely impressive looking.

That's why it comes out in March and not this year.

Dirk Shmiggler

Neo Member
dammit,,

It's too late, and i can't get past the Lion with a snake on its ass..... There's some big arrow i need to shoot, but,...

god.. i must be tired... every QTE chooses a different button, and i'm too damn tired to be able to function enough to press it...

game actually does look like a painting.. I found myself trying to find a camera button, to no avail.. WHY??? it looks so beautiful... let me look around!!..

Dirk Shmiggler

Neo Member
My god..

It just dawned on me how much is going on the screen at one time and it is just immense, and not one dropped frame (at least not like in the harpies cave)...

holy shit!. incredible.....

Top Bottom