• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War interview, a few new details

Loudninja

Thanks goes to Cyberia for posting it

A fantastic interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rhgv9koPD0

A few tidbits:
-You may visit some of the 9 realms
-He mentions 15,20 and 100 enemies on screen
-Cory brought back most original team that worked on God Of War 1
-No morality system and no branching in the story
-The mother is a critical part of the story
-The first enemies we seen were the Draugr

-No sex mini game
giphy.gif

Not a big deal in actuality, game will be mine day one.

farisr

Not surprised at the mini-game being taken away. When Barlog said that they basically looked at each and every element from past GoW games and each one was put under the microscope and had to make a good case for coming back in order to make it into this game, knew it would get cut.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'm somewhat sad GoW is no longer hack and slash

with 15-20 enemies on screen, it still must be somewhat a hack and slash. kratos won't be going 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 while the other dozen guys just wait to attack.

Mythology enthusiast help me out here what's the 9 realms
The Nine Worlds in Norse Mythology

In Norse Mythology, there are nine worlds, and these are divided into three levels.

1.In the first level is Asgard, the home of the Aesir.

2. Vanaheim, the home of the Vanir.

3. Alfheim, the home of the Light Elves.

In the middle is Midgard "Middle Earth", the home of the Humans. Midgard is connected to Asgard by Bifrost "The Rainbow Bridge".

4. Jotunheim, the home of the Giants.

5. Svartalfheim, the home of the Dark Elves.

6. Nidavellir, the home of the Dwarfs.

7. Niflheim is to the north, somewhere in Niflheim under the ground is 8. Helheim home of the dead.

9. Muspelheim is to the south, it is the home of the fire Giants and Demons.

Tapejara

Edit: first paragraph of my post was apparently referring to inaccurate information.

No sex mini-game is for the best. It's a relic of a different time, and with the shift in tone it would feel completely out of place.

Also, interesting that they got members of the original God of War team together. Should help to keep that God of War feel even with the gameplay and narrative changes.

with 15-20 enemies on screen, it still must be somewhat a hack and slash. kratos won't be going 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 while the other dozen guys just wait to attack.

The Nine Worlds in Norse Mythology
yggdrasil_nine_worlds_norse_mythology
Yggdrasil: The tree of life
In Norse Mythology, there are nine worlds, and these are divided into three levels.

In the first level is Asgard, the home of the Aesir.

Vanaheim, the home of the Vanir.

Alfheim, the home of the Light Elves.

In the middle is Midgard "Middle Earth", the home of the Humans. Midgard is connected to Asgard by Bifrost "The Rainbow Bridge".

Jotunheim, the home of the Giants.

Svartalfheim, the home of the Dark Elves.

Nidavellir, the home of the Dwarfs.

Niflheim is to the north, somewhere in Niflheim under the ground is Helheim home of the dead.

Muspelheim is to the south, it is the home of the fire Giants and Demons.
Hmmm he said some so if I look at what God of war has done in the past and what we've seen I guess

Helheim
Muspelheim
Vanaheim
Asgard
Alfheim

farisr

The only thing that has me down on this game is the big change in combat. I liked God Of War games for their relatively fast combat (compared to this). What they've shown so far is "God of Souls" combat, which would be fine if it was a Souls or some other game, but it's not what I look for in a God of War game.

And I know it's early, but really was not a fan of the slashes/attacks he was doing (aside from the axe throw and retract), it did not look fun but the game's more than a year away so I hope they improve on that. Maybe this style/slowness is just limited to the axe, and when he equips other weapons (which he definitely will) maybe the combat will be faster and more "god of war like."

Lady Gaia

Why would they take it out.

... because it's hard to imagine how it would fit with the tone of the rest of the game? Not impossible, mind you, but this isn't the same superficial one-dimensional characterization we've seen before.

I would have been cool with a maturely handled Love scene with a married Kratos to show the contrast even more between the man of old and the one of new, but no scene is better than a poorly handled one, I guess. Still my game of the show.

I wonder when will the next showing of the game happen? At PSX? Next E3?
I hope they will release a playable demo for the game like with GOW3.

Kgamer314

Neo Member
Thinking about visiting the nine realms made me realize this: (GoW3 spoilers)
what if Kratos destroyed Midgard by killing Zeus and all the other gods in God of War 3? It could be revealed that someone saved him from the ruin via Bifrost. That would certainly give Kratos a reputation in the other nine realms in this new game, at least.

Bishop89

A few tidbits:
-You may visit some of the 9 realms
-He mentions 15,20 and 100 enemies on screen
-Cory brought back the original team that worked on God Of War 1 they are all back.
-No morality system and no branching in the story
-The mother is a critical part of the story

100 enemies on screen? that sounds like the combat system will be much different to what we saw in the demo.

Original gow team has me hyped. that's the best one.

No morality system or branching story is music to my ears

What does branching mean? You mean more different situations can happen according to your contextual acts like with Quantic Dream games?

Btw, does anyone remember the PSVR GOW project Yoshida San saw and talked about? What did happen to it? The trend now is everything is with VR even REVII and FFXV (just like 3D with last gen). I wonder if PSVR will be an optional part of the game like with FFXV since the camera is free to control now.

Javin98

Banned
Btw, does anyone remember the PSVR GOW project Yoshida San saw and talked about? What did happen to it? The trend now is everything is with VR even REVII and FFXV (just like 3D with last gen). I wonder if PSVR will be an optional part of the game like with FFXV since the camera is free to control now.
Obviously the hidden sex scenes will be in VR. Imagine how much that will push the adoption rate (and controversy). :p

Top Bottom