• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War - No epic boss fights due to shoulder-cam and setting? Guessss again!

GrayFoxBH

I think the new camera helps to make scale even more impressive. It's not like Kratos is a tiny spot on screen, you get to see now how big your enemies truly are.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Does anyone know who the beatboxing woman was at the Sony E3 orchestra? Interested in seeing if she has any discography to her name.

MaxHouse

Banned
Apparantly we have 200 experts on the Midgaard serpent on gaf who knows its size.

umm.. i mean its a snake that literally wraps around the earth and can bite its own tail..

you don't have to be an "expert" on norse mythology to get a good picture of its size

umm.. i mean its a snake that literally wraps around the earth and can bite its own tail..

you don't have to be an "expert" on norse mythology to get a good picture of its size

Sure, but to literally put things into perspective, at the same time Thor was fishing it using the head of a bull as bait.

Floody

why can't Kratos just be friends with the Norse Gods

Maybe he is (well at least not hostile towards them) and helps them fight off Ragnarok, be a nice twist and would tie into it being about Kratos redeeming himself after basically destroying a part of the world (if not all of it), for a time.

Hazelhurst

Anyone else find this a tad creepy?
b1SMqCa.gif

Thinking the same thing. Very creepy.

I wonder if all these hidden creatures are added only as a teaser for us in the trailer. as in those creatures may not actually appear at that forest in the final game. they do said that the hunting/forest level is actually much bigger in the final game, they just cut it shorter for trailer purposes.

bunkitz

Maybe he is (well at least not hostile towards them) and helps them fight off Ragnarok, be a nice twist and would tie into it being about Kratos redeeming himself after basically destroying a part of the world (if not all of it), for a time.

I would really like that. Not necessarily the fighting off Ragnarok per se, but Kratos simply not killing all the gods. I'd like for him to have a supporting cast aside from his son (and probably the mother of his son). I think it would be really cool to see Kratos fighting alongside some gods against, say, Surtr, or Utgard Loki. Not exactly like that, of course, since the game would be Kratos and son vs. Norse Mythology, not Kratos and son, and some other gods vs. Norse Mythology. But still, I like the idea of him not killing them and even just having a calm conversation with them.

Although, the whole "Kratos believes that being a god is a disease" thing might say otherwise...

Just_Tank

.....how the hell to they have an esrb rating this early?

God of War is probably the only game series where ratings gets me hyped

For the official record, our new God of War game has not been officially rated by the ESRB. We have this rating on godofwar.com right now because we also market God of War III Remastered on the website. Because of that, we needed to have the most all encompassing ESRB rating in the footer, which is that one. When you have a franchise site, which godofwar.com technically is right now, ESRB requires you to put the most all encompassing ESRB rating in your footer, if you don't have it per game page (like we do on our studio site http://sms.playstation.com for the game profile pages).

I am actively updating the site so the home page will have an ESRB RP rating, and only the GOW3 PS4 page will have ESRB M. Thanks for calling this out!

Loudninja

For the official record, our new God of War game has not been officially rated by the ESRB. We have this rating on godofwar.com right now because we also market God of War III Remastered on the website. Because of that, we need to have the most all encompassing ESRB rating in the footer, which is that one. When you have a franchise site, which godofwar.com technically is right now, ESRB requires you to put the most all encompassing ESRB rating in your footer, if you don't have it per page.

I am actively updating the site so the home page will have an ESRB RP rating, and only the GOW3 PS4 page will have ESRB M.
Cool thanks :)

Top Bottom