• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOD OF WAR ON PS5 is one of if not the best looking game period

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Played through this on base ps4 when it released and decided to play through it again. 4k Checkerbox w 60fps/hdr is an awesome site to behold. When I first started I was confused. The opening sequence with Kratos chopping the axe is like FMV it looks so good. Compressed screens do not do this game justice on a proper HDR set but here are a few examples of this game: 6 60fps locked

maxresdefault.jpg

kratos87.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

god-of-war-ragnarok-ps5-playstation-5-ps4-1.original.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

gthiv34m3du01.png

Ellery

Well Sony is pretty damn good, but I would rank it below some other graphical masterpieces.

Still might make my personal top 10 (from a graphics perspective). Amazing game. My #2 PS4 exclusive.

Synless

Well Sony is pretty damn good, but I would rank it below some other graphical masterpieces.

Still might make my personal top 10 (from a graphics perspective). Amazing game. My #2 PS4 exclusive.
What games are below it in your opinion?

Agreed, I've been playing it on PS5 in the past few days and the 60 FPS patch is a match made in heaven.

Easily one of the best looking games of the generation in my opinion.

I can't wait to see what the wizards at Santa Monica do with the sequel!

mcjmetroid

This is the best game Sony has ever released!
I've never been so happy a game won Game of the Year and especially winning it from Red Dead Redemption 2.

amigastar

It certainly looks very impressive and i say that as a main PC player.
Doom Eternal looks almost as good.

Last edited:

JoeBudden

Yeah, the game still looks absolutely unbelievable.

This game and The Last of Us 2 are pretty much the main reasons why I'm not too worried about another couple years of cross-gen games.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Playing this rn, first PS5 game. Best looking game I’ve played to date. Love it, and definitely a fantastic evolution of the franchise.

One thing, is there seriously no collectible map in game or anyway to see what you’ve got in each sub-area? There’s like 350 collectibles and I can’t figure out how to see what’s outstanding.

Haggard

Banned
That graphical splendor comes at a price though.
Every scenery in the game that's more than just a backdrop is downright tiny with almost zero dynamic elements.
This game brought the crap hardware that's the PS4 to its limits and unfortunately the limitations are very obvious if you know where to look.

The sequel could have upped the scope so much... But it just had to be cross gen.

Top Bottom