• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War |OT| Like Father, (Un)Like Son

Arun1910

Managed to get it a day early.

4K and 30fps is quiet sluggish, 30fps normally doesn't bother me but this dips.
On the plus side, the 1080p an enhanced framerate is a dream. There is barely any difference in Image Quality and you get a higher frame rate.

Just something to try out for those of you that get the game tomorrow.

Ar¢tos

I did all my Friday chores today to have more play time tomorrow.
Breakfast, daily exercise routine and then play all day!! :D

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It feels like the industry cared so much about their leaked gameplay footage, but when the ending gets posted on YouTube on the 19th; no one cares.

Nothing will probably come of this, but at least we are raising awareness.

Halo0629

Getting mine later and yeah avoid youtube at all cost because I've already seen a lot posting tons of spoilers even screenshots of all the bosses you face in the game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

I just got back from picking up God of War. It was fun. I picked up a t-shirt too.

Edit: preload is saying an hour and half left. I can't put in the disc or it deletes my preload. Lol
IMG_4194.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

Last edited:

lpsquall

Neo Member
I have my copy but running into issues. I was able to install the game after 30 - 40 min install then when I choose the difficulty, after 2 mins or so, the game crashes. Did anyone else experience this? I'm playing a ps4 pro firmware 5.53. I installed the game patch 1.10

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have my copy but running into issues. I was able to install the game after 30 - 40 min install then when I choose the difficulty, after 2 mins or so, the game crashes. Did anyone else experience this? I'm playing a ps4 pro firmware 5.53. I installed the game patch 1.10

I have no experience with this, but I'd do a complete reinstallation. Just a suggestion.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Have you tried unplugging the console? If that doesn't work you could possibly try a factory reset, but I'd turn it off completely. Has this happened with any other games?

Factory reset would be one of the last options. I am wondering if it's the disc or the console.

PS Plus has cloud saves in case you have Plus.

Last edited:

lpsquall

Neo Member
Have you tried unplugging the console? If that doesn't work you could possibly try a factory reset, but I'd turn it off completely. Has this happened with any other games?

Factory reset would be one of the last options. I am wondering if it's the disc or the console.
this has never happened before. I was playing doom 2 nights ago and no issues. Let me try doing a restore database

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
this has never happened before. I was playing doom 2 nights ago and no issues. Let me try doing a restore database
Rebooting it helps too, incase you've already done that.
Also, 800.345.7669 in case you need a repair.

I'm not familiar with the settings. I own a launch console. Basic troubleshooting steps is what I'd start with.

It's strange how it was working before. Maybe it's a real issue that needs a patch. A defective disc. It could be one of many issues.

Last edited:

lpsquall

Neo Member
For those who installed from disc was it business as usual or around the 2gb to 3gb install did it slow down before picking up agsin? That's something I noticed around the 2gb mark.

Finished GoW 3 a few seconds before GoW got unlocked. lol
Here we go.

Edit: Holy shit. My pro sounds like a jet.

Last edited:

Thanofski88

Neo Member

this has happened to me once when I accidentally moved the console while installing and heard a weird sound...it was the disc getting scratched and damaged.anytime I started the game I got the same error.

I managed to make it work by cleaning the disc with a soft cloth very very gently.
hope it works!!!

Could someone clarify the differences between resolution and enhanced framerate mode? I know Digital Foundry did a video about it, but I'm avoiding any videos, trailers, reviews etc like the plague. Is it a steady 30 FPS at 4K? What's the medium framerate with enhanced mode?

Orpheum

Well shit. I agreed to a date today and i already deeply regret it... I should set my priorities straight next time.

Golmo

Neo Member
Very impressive game. It would have been even more impressive if The Last of Us hadn't been there before.

faisalasif

I just did a small test on God of War On LG 4K OLED TV With HDR ON . The graphics is just amazing on LG 4k TV C6 . Let me know what do you think guys ?

nowhat

I just did a small test on God of War On LG 4K OLED TV With HDR ON . The graphics is just amazing on LG 4k TV C6 . Let me know what do you think guys ?
Uhh, seriously? Handheld cellphone capture in SDR? The game looks fucking phenomenal so far (about two hours in, will comment more once I've got further in the game), but that's just pointless.

Cleared_Hot

So far...so GOOD. I wish they could magically remaster all the older games to be like this. Greek style gow deserves the best graphics possible too!!!

Last edited:

Arun1910

Just tried going back to 4K 30fps and it feels and looks so sluggish compared to the 1080p high framerate version, has anyone else tried this yet?

Also my PS4 sounds like a Jet Engine running this game :|

mcmanic

think this is 1st Pro game that makes it sound like a jet engine, normally i cannot hear it. As for sluggish control at 4k?, well for me have not noticed on my
KS7000 7 Series Flat SUHD Quantum Dot Ultra HD Premium HDR 1000 Smart TV.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Do you guys have space behind your Pros? Whenever I play games like this I always pull my Pro out halfway from my TV stand to give it some more room to breathe behind it. Otherwise it sounds like a jet fan.

Could someone clarify the differences between resolution and enhanced framerate mode? I know Digital Foundry did a video about it, but I'm avoiding any videos, trailers, reviews etc like the plague. Is it a steady 30 FPS at 4K? What's the medium framerate with enhanced mode?
Resolution Mode is checkerboard 4K at 30FPS, basically same as base PS4. Framerate Mode is 1080p at a unlocked framerate, so it can reach 60 but usually hovers in the 40's.

Ragnaroz

Do you guys have space behind your Pros? Whenever I play games like this I always pull my Pro out halfway from my TV stand to give it some more room to breathe behind it. Otherwise it sounds like a jet fan.
My PS4 Pro is out in the open with plenty of ventilation space and I've never heard a peep from it. Will report how it handles GoW once I get back from work and actually play it.

DonF

semi related, but whats the size of the day one patch?

v0mitg0d

I missed one of the items for the very first side quest which kind of bummed me out. don't do that. so i made a thing.

thelastword

Banned
Amazing so far, thought I could have started at 12:00 am, but I was too tired. So I started this playing this morning......annnnd...."BOY".......

DonF

I just realized what a wasted opportunity not to launch this game on a thursday aka thor's day.

Played for 2 hours. Went to bed at 3am. Damn you Kratos.

Impressions are the best possible. Loved everything about the game. It's beautiful. Combat is surprisingly challenging.
The game is a linear story driven game, but so far it seems to be the good type of story driven game.

Top Bottom