• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War producer joins The Initiative to work on Perfect Dark

sxodan

BRysU9HTPKzsHwjYQy-pDkaK1h0zJLrceUdz8pMSFNhO7gPp_6Ig5r2gUgY5FkcOBxcc35J0Lko5jWNAhnAEL8y8riAOTxo7MVbU4xEAHNeP4IiX1zmgZA91Y5zdQ4Kc8PypvbmaPAjrGoxn0A

Rhonda Cox, a Producer at SIE Santa Monica has joined Microsoft's first-party studio The Initiative to work on the upcoming Perfect Dark reboot.

"Very excited to announce that I've accepted a Senior Producer position at The Initiative where I'll be working on the recently announced Perfect Dark game!," Cox shared the news . "I'm beyond ecstatic to take this next step in my career, and to be a part of a franchise I've held dear since childhood."

SOURCE

edit: added trailer and image

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I hope to see more crossover like this, gives me hope for games I'm interested in.

The Initiative seems to love rotating Sony devs in and out 😊

That said, it's interesting to see who in particular comes through, gives us some hints to what direction the new Perfect Dark might be taking.

Chessmate

Banned
Wonder why The Initiative decided to make a reboot of Perfect Dark. This is basically Sony Santa Monica now, except for a couple of former Naughty Dog employees and this guy who reinvented Lara Croft as a more brutal and less attractive woman. 😐 They should have gone for "Goddess of War", accompanied by an annoying, nonstop talking sidekick, to honor the legacy of Uncharted and TLOU.

martino

It seems this situation is perfect for some level of job doing go back and forth between project with good raise each time :D

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

BRysU9HTPKzsHwjYQy-pDkaK1h0zJLrceUdz8pMSFNhO7gPp_6Ig5r2gUgY5FkcOBxcc35J0Lko5jWNAhnAEL8y8riAOTxo7MVbU4xEAHNeP4IiX1zmgZA91Y5zdQ4Kc8PypvbmaPAjrGoxn0A

Rhonda Cox, a Producer at SIE Santa Monica has joined Microsoft's first-party studio The Initiative to work on the upcoming Perfect Dark reboot.

"Very excited to announce that I've accepted a Senior Producer position at The Initiative where I'll be working on the recently announced Perfect Dark game!," Cox shared the news . "I'm beyond ecstatic to take this next step in my career, and to be a part of a franchise I've held dear since childhood."

SOURCE

edit: added trailer and image

I'd hit that.

EDIT: I won't. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
Checked her twitter, she talks about playing retro games on a BVM in RGB, plays on Dreamcast using a DreamcastMODE, and retweets pictures of CRT.

Pretty great if you ask me.

Form the twitter video, where Cox is a one of the guests, the host goes on to say: "That's what we want, is when women have more voices, in every part of game development, like that shows in the end game. You can do anything you want"
Guest: "You can do anything you want, and change at any point".

So much god damn diversity! Sick of white males in the spot light, preventing women from being heard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom