• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarok Is Said to Only Be Releasing on PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defrop

Banned
Mod edit: this was closed yesterday. It is 8 months old and just regurgitated. Please find an updated quote from the 'leaker'

God of War Ragnarok Is Said to Only Be Releasing on PS5
According to notable leaker Navtra, God of War: Ragnarok--which is the tentative title for the next installment in the series--will only be arriving on PS5. This assertion was one that Navtra made a while back, but was recently rediscovered as talk surrounding the game has once again become prominent in the weeks prior to E3 2021 and Summer Game Fest. Navtra says that based on the information they have received, God of War: Ragnarok, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, and Demon's Souls were all planned by Sony to only come to PS5. Other titles, most notably with Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West, were then said to appear on both PS5 and PS4.
e8Lh3LP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zones

That comment/rumor/speculation from the above picture was made some 8 months ago, why is it a ‘news’ now?

ZehDon

Gold Member
I hope so but think it will be cross-gen. The game is too big.
Yeah, that's kind of my thinking. No doubt it'll have a massive budget and releasing one year into the life span of the PS5, there won't be the kind of install base that the first one had. Sony don't really need a system seller... because they can't make enough systems to sell - but they might not have known that back when the platforms were decided. I'm expecting cross-gen, but happy to be wrong.

skakmk

If Cory balrog had his way, I am sure he'd want seamless transition between the realms.

I even remember reading that Balrog's creative vision was severely restricted by ps4's limitations.

That's why GoW will be exclusive to PS5. The 10/10s are too important for sony and Balrog.

I mean if sony did this for the bucks, there'd be no difference between Sony and ubisoft/ea.

So yesterday I made a thread on the topic, then it was closed because it was a very old rumor (which I understand), hours later some websites make an article about it and then it gets posted here once again...
I guess it's true, Gaf > Internet > Gaf.

Kagey K

Banned
So a thread based on a rumor from last year is fine?

As long as it pretends to be new news.

Fucking hell, where is the consistency here?

Last edited:
I guess it depends on how far away the game is from release. If its holiday 2022 it could go either way, 2023 then absolutely. I don't expect any cross gen titles past 2022.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
I’m sure a similar thread was closed yesterday as no official news has been as yet.

Well here’s hoping GoW is indeed only PS5 and takes full advantage of the hardware.

GuinGuin

Banned
i mean big in terms of game popularity, not booty.

Ratchet and Clank have outsold God of War. It's factually the more popular series. R&C sold 26 million. GoW sold 21 million.

Edit: checking the sources both those numbers were from before the PS4 so they are probably about even now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom