• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War:Ragnarok plceholder date changed to 31st Dec in PSN database

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I mean...this just proves what I've been saying. They didn't know if the game was coming out in the next quarter (July / September) or the one right after (October / December). Now they know.
The Callisto Protocol with that Dec 2022 date is starting to look more real now. Seemed like an odd date for a game to release.

But like I said in the avatar thread, even if its delayed, this just shows the game is ready, just no set date yet. Would be hilarious to lose the bet, and be playing the game the first week in Jan, lol.

Not worried at all, That's still this year. Avatars are safe.
The avatar bet might be one of the best ever...if the game actually releases Dec 31, lmao.

jroc74

Ragnarok is coming.
God Of War Ps4 GIF by PlayStation
Pretty much. I dont know if OP though this thru.

They are making changes to the PSN database...meaning the game is coming soon. Which should mean......Ragnarok info coming soon.

Here we go....

pqueue

Wouldn’t it logically be put as a 2023 release if this was anything indicating a delay.

I still think it will be a 2022 release.
nah. gamestop/best buy always uses Dec 31 (current year) (that is 31 12 to all you date-heathens) in their system to represent projects with no confirmed release date.

Last edited:

jroc74

Wouldn’t it logically be put as a 2023 release if this was anything indicating a delay.

I still think it will be a 2022 release.
Good point.
nah. gamestop/best buy always uses Dec 31 (current year) (that is 31 12 to all you date-heathens) in their system to represent projects with no confirmed release date.
Yeah but this is the PSN database. I dont even know a game that showed up in the database for a specific year and was delayed to the following year. Would be a good way to judge what this could mean.

Papacheeks

Banned
Sounds like Last minute change, possibly new date later this year or its getting pushed. And if thats the case looks like Naughty Dog will be the studio with a big game this fall.

Rumors are swirling that MP for Factions is done, and that Remake is basically done they are polishing.

Do people on this forum not know what a placeholder date is? Has any decent title ever launched on the december 31st?
It basically means the game is now a Q4 title instead of Q3. That's all.

They probably have decided on a date now.

My bet? We're getting TLOU Remake in September with God of War in October or November.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I see a December release, so they can keep their "promise" of 2022

They never promised, or have any obligation, to deliver 2022. Dates are fluid, they said 2021 too, but clearly the game wasn't ready then.

It's just something forum weebs came up with. The game will be out when the publishers thinks it's ready. Rushing it to 'please' people would be the worst thing they can do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom