• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

News God of War Ragnarok's Thor Is The Peak Of Male Performance, Powerlifting Champion Says

Rayven_king

Jun 11, 2009
South Africa
Well more weight indeed means more strength.
There is a reason why it is not fair to put a 100kg guy to fight a 70kg guy in boxe.

The punches from a 100kg are several times stronger than a 70kg guy… plus the 100kg guy endurance and resistance are way superior.

In the opposite sense the 70kg guy is more agile and have more speed than 100kg guy.
Ive sparred with heavy dudes and endurance is usually their achilles heel granted if you can survive the initial onslaught

Reactions: GymWolf
Oct 26, 2018
Ive sparred with heavy dudes and endurance is usually their achilles heel granted if you can survive the initial onslaught
Agreed. Bigger guys gas faster. It's amazing watching MMA and a big guy dead tired after a round. But heavyweight boxers last 10x longer. I dont watch boxing, but watch MMA. I dont think I've ever seen a small thin guy gas fast. Maybe if he got nailed a bunch of times half KO'ed, but not on his own.

But maybe ethomaz meant taking punches and overall hit points kind of thing, not cardio.

Last edited:

Rayven_king

Jun 11, 2009
South Africa
Agreed. Bigger guys gas faster. It's amazing watching MMA and a big guy dead tired after a round. But heavyweight boxers last 10x longer. I dont watch boxing, but watch MMA. I dont think I've ever seen a small thin guy gas fast. Maybe if he got nailed a bunch of times half KO'ed, but not on his own.

But maybe ethomaz meant taking punches and overall hit points kind of thing, not cardio.

in terms of "eating" alot of shots then yeah agreed

mxbison

Dec 9, 2020
Well if peak performance is literally just lifting weights, maybe.

If any form of speed, endurance or agility is involved, obviously not.

I think the design is good though, more fitting than Marvels beach boy look.

Reactions: shamo42

GymWolf

Jun 11, 2019

Fedor Emelianenko - in his prime he was definition of peak performance, destroying anyone he could​

He looks nothing like fat thor.

Whitecrow

May 7, 2018
Like i said, its sony way to PR.

Always trying to pull the leg of outrage to get there shit advertised on the web by easily triggered people. Its the way they do business.

Devs have designers you know?
They are not making a documentary, they are making a game with their own creative vision and it makes no sense to adopt any existing representation of anything.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Jun 11, 2019

Boxers don't use kicks or wrestling\ground game, both things consume stamina more than punches.

You put a boxer against a wrestler and he would gas out after 2 round of grappling.

And no, being heavyweight doesn't mean that you are more resistant to punches, maybe against smaller adversaries but not aginst people from the same weightclass, ngannou or lewis one shot kill everyone in the heaviest division.

Good chin is absolutely not related to weight, just watch bob sapp\brock lesnar and then watch tony ferguson\gaetjhie.

Last edited:

sircaw

has bigger MS points balance than reaction score.
Jul 3, 2019
A local pond.
The peak of powerlifting performance, what a load of rubbish.

The difference here is, The Powerlifting champion is in the gym all day Thor is at the dinner table. "lollipop_disappointed:

Reactions: TheGrat1

ArtHands

Oct 14, 2012
www.arthands-vr.com
The peak of powerlifting performance, what a load of rubbish.

The difference here is, The Powerlifting champion is in the gym all day Thor is at the dinner table. "lollipop_disappointed:

Almost as if the damage control gangs can't decide which angle to defend the design.

Accurate depiction of Thor who's fat due to feasting all day, or tough Thor who's been training like a powerlifting champion

• Thoughtful
Reactions: sircaw

Twinblade

Dec 4, 2016
Him and Freya. From the PS Blog:

They have confirmed Odin has a big role, but it seems he is not going to be like Zeus in this case.
I think Freya will eventually calm down when Kratos either, almost kills her or Kratos doesn't want to kill her and Atreus pleads with her to stop. (My guess)

Finsksvenskan

Jun 10, 2021
Sweden
Honestly, i don’t see a problem with his look. It kind of fits in with norse mythology feel the game has. Kind of the strong Viking look 💪
Ether way I’m so excited for this game and to follow the story!