• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War, Returnal and Demon Souls - Found in GeForce NOW database

LimanimaPT

I hate PC gaming so this is of no interest to me.

Edit: I'll add something useful to the tread.
There 's market for PS games on PS platforms and for PC. Why shouldn't Sony sell games on PC?

Last edited:
I identify with a plastic box so much, every time an exclusive game for it comes to pc it's like watching my wife be gang banged in front of me.

Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Office

Any pics going around? ....

Why is this surprising... With Sony soon to be releasing GoW2... having as many people wanting to play the sequel (and therefore want to buy a PS5) while also making more revenue, is a no brainer...

What's interesting is that they are also releasing Uncharted on PC. Does that mean we have a sequel in the pipeline...?

1*Vw2QBoetsgmJl0uu5jfocw.png

This "information" comes from a database that includes pirated games and emulators.

Yep they did and the database includes games that have never been on GeForce Now and/or have been removed from the service:

1*qFw_Vb3X4S8wWphai8e-tg.png

Lots of titles/applications on the list as well that would have had to be manually added by users.

Either the OP doesn't understand the article or he thinks he's being slick by creating a clickbait topic.
ok so nothing to see. thanks for the debunk.

Larvana

unknown-26.png

Some people recently have found that in the steam database there seems to be some eateries for GOW, Could it be the next game scheduled for pc release.

To me as a PS5 owner this devalues my purchase if all the games down line will be ported to PC then why buy a sony console. Maybe even one day will see uncharted or GOW on gamepass you never know.

I wouldn't be surprised, PC will get them tons more money.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
lol pc gamers have had ssds for a very long time. maybe thats what they sell you on consoles, that no game can run without an ssd. i very much doubt demons souls cant work on a fucking hdd, longer loading times yes...but nothing screams BAH GAWD SON, SSD SO FAST LIHTNING CANT REACH IT! in that game.
Dude we need an excuse right?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I wouldn't be surprised, PC will get them tons more money.
It totally will.

For every lost PS gamer 100% bailing ship for PC there's probably 10 or 20 copies sold on PC. Net net a win for Sony.

The bad assumption to make in the ecosystem war is that some people assume a PS gamer will entirely convert. Says who? Maybe they'll stick with PS as their primary platform and cherry pick odd games here and there on PC. The fact all these PC ports come out years later, I dont think the average PS gamer is going to sell their PS4 or PS5, buy a good PC and wait 3 years for a PC port that might not even arrive. Only a handful of PS games have been officially promoted as PC.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

unknown-26.png

Some people recently have found that in the steam database there seems to be some eateries for GOW, Could it be the next game scheduled for pc release.

To me as a PS5 owner this devalues my purchase if all the games down line will be ported to PC then why buy a sony console. Maybe even one day will see uncharted or GOW on gamepass you never know.

Looks sketch.

Predator Hunting Grounds is already on Steam and Epic, so why does it say "unknown" ?

Helldivers 2 doesn't exist. And the developer of Helldivers, Arrowhead, are working on a new IP.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture? lol

Its definitely likely tho that God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, and other big games will go to PC.

But this list idk something's off.

Bryank75

Banned
1*Vw2QBoetsgmJl0uu5jfocw.png

This "information" comes from a database that includes pirated games and emulators.

Yep they did and the database includes games that have never been on GeForce Now and/or have been removed from the service:

1*qFw_Vb3X4S8wWphai8e-tg.png

Lots of titles/applications on the list as well that would have had to be manually added by users.

Either the OP doesn't understand the article or he thinks he's being slick by creating a clickbait topic.

Damn, these pc people are so thirsty for good games they are creating media to make it look like they are going to get games from PS and Nintendo.... LOLOLOLOL FML!!!

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
So, this is a load of horseshit then?
Yes, I was about to post the same thing here.

While there's always a chance PS games will come to PC, the NSMB Wii listing makes this seem like someone gaming the way Steam/GFN records user's game info. "NVIDIA CONFIDENTIAL" slapped on game art seems about as legit as any pre-conference "leaks" with confidential slapped in the most obvious way. That's just not how it works and any confidential projects would keep box art blank and game titles in code names until announced.

Neofire

Told you under Jim Ryan Playstation is fucked

Naughty Dog fuckd

Japan support gone

Gran Turismo 7 single player require online connection

HFW pricing

Exclusives gone went to PC
If this is true then yeah Jimmy boy has shot it's on platform in the foot. Essentially doing to PlayStation what Don did to Microsoft going into the Xbox One generation. "Why buy a Playstation 5 when you can get everything on the PC"

I knew Jim Ryan would destroy the Playstation brand but damn this is next level lol. It's like he is working for AMD, Nvidia and Steam 🤣😂

Neofire

I hate PC gaming so this is of no interest to me.

Edit: I'll add something useful to the tread.
There 's market for PS games on PS platforms and for PC. Why shouldn't Sony sell games on PC?
Because it bifurcates the player base for one on top of adding extra time and resources to be consumed working on a port when the can be refining the game on the ps5. Case in point is UC5 and LL patch/new version being released after they port it to the PC so that they can launch in the same time frame. When they could have have released them already.

kyliethicc

Well, Arrowhead never stated that their "next-gen AAA TPS co-op game" was a new IP, so it could very well be Helldivers 2.
Could've sworn someone from Arrowhead said "new IP" on twitter but sure, perhaps.

A Helldivers PS5 & PC remaster seems more likely tbh.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Naaa you got it backwards, exclusives increase competition between platforms and are extremely pro-consumer.

Just because something doesn't immediately benefit you, doesn't mean it is anti-consumer.

Also you are probably not a consumer of PlayStation.

If you had pointed to raising prices, 10 dollar upgrade fees and shutting down the PS3 / Vita store....those are real anti-consumer moves.

The real anti-consumer aspect of this is that these games were marketed as PS exclusive, so porting them makes all of that a lie. They lied to their customers and that should not stand.

Depends how you look at it, the games are PS exclusive still in the console market place. Like Xbox say things like Console exclusive. Half of it is how we wanna see what they are saying and not what it actually says. Point and example epic saying the unreal demo is only possible because of the PS5 SSD, lots seen that as meaning it would only run on PS5 when in fact it would run fin on pc and Xbox SSD but lots of people just seen it as they wanted it

GHG

Gold Member
Damn, these pc people are so thirsty for good games they are creating media to make it look like they are going to get games from PS and Nintendo.... LOLOLOLOL FML!!!

I don't think it's that sinister.

If someone uses PS Now or the PS5 in home streaming function an then wants to use geforce now on top of that to stream it elsewhere to another device then you can create instances for those games so that they look neat in your library and are one click play.

It's just a list of games people have added to their geforce now launchers.

Bryank75

Banned
Depends how you look at it, the games are PS exclusive still in the console market place. Like Xbox say things like Console exclusive. Half of it is how we wanna see what they are saying and not what it actually says. Point and example epic saying the unreal demo is only possible because of the PS5 SSD, lots seen that as meaning it would only run on PS5 when in fact it would run fin on pc and Xbox SSD but lots of people just seen it as they wanted it

Yes but it is also annoying when you hear them all talking about how netflix and other entertainment compete with gaming for attention... it's really all entertainment and platforms competing and porting to PC does not reinforce the brand. Nintendo seem to understand that better.... and they are reaping the benefits of that now.

I would prefer effort being put into a new handheld and a Pro version with a glass and metal finish and new high end studios than this unfocused mess.... of PC, Mobile, cloud, cross-gen etc etc.

If you get me?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Yes but it is also annoying when you hear them all talking about how netflix and other entertainment compete with gaming for attention... it's really all entertainment and platforms competing and porting to PC does not reinforce the brand. Nintendo seem to understand that better.... and they are reaping the benefits of that now.

I would prefer effort being put into a new handheld and a Pro version with a glass and metal finish and new high end studios than this unfocused mess.... of PC, Mobile, cloud, cross-gen etc etc.

If you get me?

The companys are here to make money, they obviously see how much Microsoft is making with their games on pc and want a slice of that, with them doing that it helps put funds together for the things you want

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If you look at Steam users hardware info only a tiny % of them have PCs capable to run PS5-like games.

PS5 is the fastest selling console in gaming industry history beating the record set by its predecesor, who still has many other gaming indutry history records like the biggest amount of games sold for a console, and their exclusives are selling better than ever and dominated the GOTY lists for the last decae. Sony is also making more money than any console platform holder ever did in gaming history.

It would be retarded and wouldn't make sense at all for Sony to go 3rd party, their strategy is the most successful one any console platform holder ever had, so there is no reason to change it.

But they have changed it. They have always made games only for their own consoles, until the very end of the previous generation, when the first PC ports started happening. Why are they changing such a successful strategy?

Holammer

Focusing on the Sony aspect takes away from all the other cool stuff listed. Here's a couple I noticed and I probably missed a ton that I don't recognize or understand the significance of

Tactics Ogre Remaster
Chrono Cross Remaster
ActRaiser Remake
Batman: Arkham Knight RTX Remaster
Bayonetta 3
Shining Online (Sega)
Space Marine 2 (focus home)
Enter the Gungeon: House of the Gundead

I mean, if any of these are announced soon (TGS in October?) it verifies the list.

... wait, was that Space Marine 2 on the list?

cat.jpg

HTK

Banned
I'm okay with this, I just wish Sony had their own PlayStation Launcher on PC. I hate having accounts on Steam, Battle.net, Epic Games Store, GOG, Xbox, Uplay, Bathesda etc... It's ridiculous.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I love how Sony has the money to buy Nixxes and have them port the game to PC, but they cant have Nixxes downport the game to PS4 like they did with Rise of the Tomb Raider on 360 allowing Crystal Dynamics to really push the visuals on the Xbox one.

That said, I think this is a good thing. It's a pro consumer move. Sony is saving you a lot of money on 7 years of PS+, a brand new mid gen console, and a next gen $10 tax that wont be on PC.

7 * 60 = $420
PS5 Pro = $500
10 PS exclusives = $100 next gen tax
PS5 - $500 if you were unlucky to snag one by now.
Total = $1,600 You can build yourself a badass PC for that much once the stock situation is improved. A 3080 is only $700 MSRP and is 2x more powerful.

I still genuinely believe Sony were planning on demons souls coming to ps4. There is nothing in that game that couldn't run at 1080p 30 fps on a pro and under on a base.

I think the backlash changed that plan.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It would be retarded and wouldn't make sense at all for Sony to go 3rd party, their strategy is the most successful one any console platform holder ever had, so there is no reason to change it.
More sales from more channels.

Why does Apple sell their gear in Walmart, Costco, Best Buy and even no-name cellphone and computer stores?

They are so widely known, everyone can just order what they want from an Apple Store or direct from their website, and Apple would hoard all sales and profits. No more middle man.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I love it when a consumer actively argue for anti consumer practices. Company's really have it in the bag when they have other people actively arguing for less consumer choice on a market.

The only thing this will hurt is at your own admittance is your pride, and I can tell you that right now it is utterly worthless for everyone else involved, get over yourself.

Like when MS bought Bethesda? Now, I'm not saying you specifically celebrated that particular anti-consumer move, but I wouldn't be surprised if some who did think Sony going semi-multiplatform is great news.

Airbus Jr

Banned
PC's can come dirt cheap or not, however to emulate a console performance at 4k it will take both a decent GPU + processor even a 3060 + 5600x will cost more than a PS5. You also need solid state storage + a decent mother board (for those sweet premium audio codecs, after all PS5 has tempest built in) + a reliable PSU and ram... so what are we up to if you can get them at RRP? Near double the price + additional effort.

Have you seen how much games are on the PlayStation summer sale? What a stupid argument to make, prices on the steam sale are set by the game publishers themselves they have to opt into a Steam sale, they do so because its financially beneficial.

If that makes the PS5 pointless to you OK fine but let me show you something or rather two things...

wvCZLah.jpg

aVOVEUs.jpg

So this is not some jealous fanboy who does not own a PS5 this is coming from a consumer who owns a PS5 and owns a 3+ grand PC, so let's just assume this opinion is coming from someone who is unbiased because I own everything, platform is not an issue for me.

I will always need a game console, that's because it's nice and cheap to buy a system I can plug and play into my huge ass top of the range 4K Q90T and play games on it. I also have a PC and its nice to run competitive FPS games at 240 frames on my Samsung G7 gaming monitor. It's my choice as a consumer what I play games on, that is good for me it will never be not good for me to choose where and how I play a game, the only point it could be bad is for Sony.

So let's assume your making the argument on Sony's behalf because the other reason "pride" is not worth thinking about. Let's also bypass the fact a multimillion pound global conglomerate does not need you to argue business decisions on there behalf as they have well paid PR teams for that. Sony would not do this if there was not profit in it for them, they have looked at how the chips have fallen and can see they will make more money releasing games on PC than they will lose in console sales, because at the end of the day Sony's has looked at what it has to gain by releasing first party titles on other platforms and found it wins out from the limited loss of console sales.

So if that makes a Playstation pointless for you as you have a PC, why are you arguing against it? The fact you can play more games you want to play without investing in an exspensive console benefits you... YOU the consumer save money here, how is it logical to be against that option of choice?
Your decision is not making any sense to me but thats none of my concern

If i have PC..and Jim Ryan plan is to bring all Playstation game to PC...then it will be pointless to me to own a PS5....

Do you get it?

Do you understand what i meant?

Im just trying to make this simple for you

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Without the 'walled garden' model, you seem to despise...there would be no reason to create such exclusives to attract people. Having the option of a unified, closed platform with more security and safeguards, integrated friends lists, trophies and other media is exactly what many want.

You want to take away that option?

The Apple case has no implication for games. So, sit on that. ha
*rubs temples* My duud. These are literally last-gen games coming to PC years after they first debuted on your favorite plastic box.

Yes exclusivity breeds competition but for some reason the fanboy mind seems to go crazy at the prospect of old ass exclusives coming to PC. Not even a different console, just the PC; a market inherently different from the console one.

Bryank75

Banned
The companys are here to make money, they obviously see how much Microsoft is making with their games on pc and want a slice of that, with them doing that it helps put funds together for the things you want

Would be hard to see how much Xbox are making on PC, since they don't release figure for it.

ViolentP

Were still having this conversation ?

You know you can play pc gaming in couch right
Let me break it down then. For years people clamored that PC is not an option to them because they prefer to play on the "comfy couch". Now we have people getting upset at Playstation games arriving on PC asking what would the point of buying a PS5 be?. I'm just curious where all those comfy couch arguments are now.

Airbus Jr

Banned
PS5 cost £359 or £449.

Comparable PC build £1000.

Preference for plug in and play couch gaming.

Dislike for Windows/Linux OS.

Investment in Trophy system.

There’s plenty of reasons.

However, why would you want to artificially be locked in to a piece of hardware to play the software you want? Personally I love that MS and now Sony are being pro-consumer and are allowing us to choose which platform we play their games on.
PS5 cost $500

Comparable PC cost $1000

Now watch here where things get interesting

PS5 first party game price = $70 ( just one game)

The amount of PC game you can get during steam sales with $70?

See what im talking about ?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Would be hard to see how much Xbox are making on PC, since they don't release figure for it.
They dont release it, but it would be meaningless anyway unless the detailed structure of P/L are known.

How MS structures sales and profits across console and PC may be as simple as PC side is strictly software sales so profitability will be high, but console side is low as it has all the hardware, R&D and online costs to cover which is baked in on that side.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
One thing this definitely DOES do is weaken the PlayStation brand, which has for a long time (especially since the PS3 days) been known for its extremely strong 1st party exclusives. Buying a PlayStation used to be the only way to play those games, but I guess Sony doesn't think hardware sales are as important anymore. Which is strange, because I believe they make a lot of money from their share of 3rd party sales on the platform (digital and physical). If people can play PlayStation games on PC, aren't they jeopardizing that revenue stream?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
One thing this definitely DOES do is weaken the PlayStation brand, which has for a long time (especially since the PS3 days) been known for its extremely strong 1st party exclusives. Buying a PlayStation used to be the only way to play those games, but I guess Sony doesn't think hardware sales are as important anymore. Which is strange, because I believe they make a lot of money from their share of 3rd party sales on the platform (digital and physical). If people can play PlayStation games on PC, aren't they jeopardizing that revenue stream?
Depends how much gamers value getting a PC and waiting 3 years for unknown PS game X to come out. So do some dont.

Aside from covid effect which killed theatres, I dont see movie theatre sales dropping like a rock when everyone knows you can buy it on DVD, BR and where Netflix or Hulu or Amazon Prime streams will come in 8-12 months later.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Let me break it down then. For years people clamored that PC is not an option to them because they prefer to play on the "comfy couch". Now we have people getting upset at Playstation games arriving on PC asking what would the point of buying a PS5 be?. I'm just curious where all those comfy couch arguments are now.
No my friend look at your original question

You were asking PS>PC because of the comfy couch you cant get on PC

Im here to tell you that argument was outdated ( like long time ago)

You can play PC game in your living room..on your couch...people (pc gamer) have been doing this for years...

Last edited:
Top Bottom