• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War - Review Thread

NovumAngel

Banned
DarpWzTVMAEES1y.jpg:large

Metacritic: 95
OpenCritic: 95 'Mighty'

Destructoid: 10/10
EasyAllies: 10/10
Eurogamer: Recommended
GameInformer: 9.75/10
GameKult: 8/10
GameSpot: 9/10
IGN: 10/10
Waypoint: No score
Videogamer: 9/10
Jeuxvideo: 20/20
Kotaku: No score
Metro: 9/10
PlayStation Universe: 9.5/10
Polygon: 10/10
PushSquare: 10/10
USgamer: 5/5
3DJuegos: 9.5/10
ArsTechnica: No score
Attack of the Fanboy: 4.5/5
HarcoreGamer: 4.5/5
Venture Beat: 9/10
Gaming Nexus: 9.5/10
Guardian: 5/5
New Game Network: 8/10
Skill Up: No Score

Digital Foundry: Link

Some comparisons for Pro users:

Last edited:

Dunki

I am really conflicted. Scores are great and I love how Easy allies gives it a 10/10 but on the otherhand I wonder why a site like Polygon and waypoint are praising this game and I can not get rid of the assumption that it falls completly into their ideology which I absolute hate.

Guess I have to test it myself and I alwasys trusted Easy Allies so... Guess I will have to buy Yakuza 6 and GOW this month^^

Lilseb93

I was expecting very good scores for God of War, but I'm seeing 10s. Dang! The hype is real. A 94 on Metacritic with 60+ reviews is no joke. It looks like it has reached masterpiece status for this gen.

Last edited:

sadaiyappan

I am really conflicted. Scores are great and I love how Easy allies gives it a 10/10 but on the otherhand I wonder why a site like Polygon and waypoint are praising this game and I can not get rid of the assumption that it falls completly into their ideology which I absolute hate.

Guess I have to test it myself and I alwasys trusted Easy Allies so... Guess I will have to buy Yakuza 6 and GOW this month^^

What you mean when you say this about Easy Allies and Polygon? You mean they like Sony?

Dunki

What you mean when you say this about Easy Allies and Polygon? You mean they like Sony?
No Polygon is a sjw site basically. They rather review games based on their political view not the game itself. Easy Allies love games

Last edited:

GenericUser

Jeah, I genuinely hope it's just a really good game and didn't get all these 10s for SJW Stuff and forced diversity. Well see, preview videos looked great at least.

Any information how it runs on the pro?

Basilisk

Neo Member
Polygon gives a game a low score: DAMN LOOK A POLYGON ON THEIR BULLSHIT AGAIN

Polygon gives a game a high score: MUST BE SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR SHIT.

They gave PUBG and Hearthstone a 10. Not everything is political.

daibaron

Banned
No Polygon is a sjw site basically. They rather review games based on their political view not the game itself. Easy Allies love games

GReat score, i was not expecting that.

I read the eurogamer review, it is so pretentitous. These videogame journos the more they try to look pseudo interlectual the more ridiculous they look. At this point any child who likes to play videogames would be a much better reviewer because at least they have genuine passion.

NovumAngel

Banned
Added a few more, Metacritic is up to 71 reviews now.
I'll be a little busy for the next hour or so but again if anyone wants anything added to the OP just post it here and I'll update.

Attack of the Fanboy: 4.5/5
HarcoreGamer: 4.5/5
Venture Beat: 9/10
Gaming Nexus: 9.5/10
Guardian: 5/5
New Game Network: 8/10

daibaron

Banned
GReat score, i was not expecting that.

I read the eurogamer review, it is so pretentitous. These videogame journos the more they try to look pseudo interlectual the more ridiculous they look. At this point any child who likes to play videogames would be a much better reviewer because at least they have genuine passion.

I meant great scores from all the reviewers, no great score. It is a shame it is not possible to edit posts to correct typos.

NovumAngel

Banned
Jeah, I genuinely hope it's just a really good game and didn't get all these 10s for SJW Stuff and forced diversity. Well see, preview videos looked great at least.

Any information how it runs on the pro?
They mention it in a few of the reviews since that's the version a lot of them seemed to be reviewing.
Not going to cherry pick out any comments but there are a few videos I've found:

Boss Mog

It looks very good but honestly seeing perfect scores from certain "games journalism" websites has me a bit worried.

GenericUser

They mention it in a few of the reviews since that's the version a lot of them seemed to be reviewing.
Not going to cherry pick out any comments but there are a few videos I've found:
~snip
Thanks, I'll probably use the perfomance option then. Have to try the resolution settings first on my 4K set first though.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I was listening to EasyAllies and I like that they said the combat can become challenging even on normal difficulty but one thing has got me worried is in their review they never mentioned epic boss fight. Please, for love of god please tell me one of the reviewer mentions this game has epic boss fights.

Bryank75

Banned
I am so happy for SSM and everyone looking forward to this, pulled an all-nighter reading norse mythology, playing some Zelda and following threads and twitter...
Was worried when the 80's came first but then the heavies dropped. Have the CE preordered and just can't wait.

Klart

Wow those are some high scores. Yet another awesome exclusive for Sony. The list is getting really impressive.

Wow, can't believe how well this is doing. Definitely didn't expect it, although this sony formula of an emotional, cinematic, story-driven game does seem to be a winning one.

Definitely gotta pick this up.

DonF

wow, great scores.
SkillUp is my go to reviews guy, and ohhh ohh ohh he fucking loved it.
Hyped AF

Alphagear

I was listening to EasyAllies and I like that they said the combat can become challenging even on normal difficulty but one thing has got me worried is in their review they never mentioned epic boss fight. Please, for love of god please tell me one of the reviewer mentions this game has epic boss fights.

GamingBolt review mentions it has some of the best epic boss fights.

Top Bottom